We need prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're in our prayers...I'll keep checking the board regularly to see how they're doing!

Peg

Norman is pooping. They are tiny rockhard odd shaped pepper corns but we have poop. I just got done treatingthem both. I had Jeremy help me. It's hard enough treating one bunny,wow is it really difficult treating two.

Talk about angry bunnies.:shock::shock:

I had gotten some nutrical on the outside of the tube so I wentand cleaned it off. I asked Jer to put it away for me. The second theysaw Jer with te nutrical in his hand...Norman ran and hid in the cornertrying to be invisible and Koda sat there glaring at him:mad: andthumped at him.

They are back in the hallhay so I can keep a close eye on them.I have set up a bunny buffet for them. I have everything in separatebowls. They can have pedialyte or water, pellets, pumpkin, hay mistedwith apple juice, cilantro, pineapple, papaya tabs and kale.

I've been syringing them a pellet slurry made with pedialyteinstead of water. They just got some more gas drops, pain reliever,nutrical and benebac.

I want to thank you for all your prayers. They are working so with all my heart thank you.

Tina

Oh Tina, I am so sorry to hear that you havethis to deal with. But you are certainly giving it all you've got...andit does sound very encouraging that they are nibbling at their food.

I'm sending love, prayers, and encouragement to both Norman and Koda...and to you as well...

raphaelicon.gif

Come on bunnies, you can do it! I'm glad to hearthat there is minor improvement. Please keep us posted, I have beenworrying about Koda and Norman all day.

Sending good thoughts and prayers,
Bunnydude

Tina,that is good news about Koda andNorman,thank god they are starting to feel better:)these bunnies canstress us people out so much sometimes.

sending strong thoughts to koda and norman

Oh no, this is too much too soon. Comeon Norman and Koda, you two can poop and get better soon. Youguys wil be in my thoughts and prayers.

:pray:

I am seeing this and wishing you poopies and a speedy recovery to good health for Koda and Norman.

You have gone through enough already, I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Message to Koda and Norman,

"Please do some poopies and eat, please don't scare your mummy or usanymore, you are cared and loved and we want you guys to feel better"

You will all be in my prayers :pray:

Tonks had the same problem last year and the vet treated him withCisapride. He started to pass poops on his own without requiring a tubeto be inserted.

I really hope they get better.. I will be thinking about them. :eek:rangepansy:

Cristy

Things have changed a bit since the lastupdate. Norman is pooping. They are so small it's hard to even callthem poops but he is pooping.

I am just glad both of thier systems are still moving. Theyaren't as energetic as they usually are but the are walking aroundchecking things out in the living room.

Koda ate a teaspoon of pumpkin on her own and nibbled some morekale. Norman is happy nibbling his cilantro and even a few pellets onhis own.

Apollo and Misty totally lost interest in any food or treats soI am desperately clinging to this is a good sign.They didn't really domuch but lay around most of the time whereas Koda and Norman are stillactive.

The vet has me adding terramycin to thier drinking water. Ifthey aren't drinking enough in the next 12 hours they need to go in andget something stronger.

I've also been monitoring how much fluids go in and how muchcome out. I know kidney failure is one of the nasty effects fightingstasis can have. So far we are doing really well.

Their temps are normal which is great.

I truly never cease to be amazed at the power of prayer andgood thoughts on this board. So from me, Jer Koda & Norman,thank you all.

Tina

I'm so glad to hear that things are improving. I will pray for a speedy return to normal. Go Koda and Norman, go!

I'm almost afraid to say anything forfear of jinxing myself but I think Koda is out of the woods. She ispooping. It's still really small but there is definitely alot ofthem.

Norman is pooping but not near as well as Koda. His appetite is iffy iffy. The nutrical helps.

I've moved them into the living room. I was hoping that seeingthe other bunns might lift their spirits. They have pooped more sincebeing in here so I think I am going to be keeping them in here untilthey are better.

I'm scared sick literally for them but I really think they may be improving.

Thank you.

Tina

That is great Tina - I'm continuing to pray and check the boards....

Have you tried the fruit flavored pedialyte? Tiny will fightme for it if he smells it...so that is a good thing. I alsohave the grape flavored pedialyte but have never used it yet.

Peg

Peg, I have three flavors. I'm givingthem the fruit flavored now and using the plain for their adding a bitto their pineapple juice to make it easier to syringe it to them. Igave them the grape earlier and they liked it but not as much as thefruit flavored. Thank you.

Tina

I'm so glad that things seem to be gettingbetter and I hope that they continue doing so. I will keepyou and your buns in my thoughts and prayers. *Keeping myfingers crossed.*

From your post, I think you've lost a rabbit tothis? (Sorry not trying to sound ignorarant or anything jsut trying tofigure this out). I too have had a similar problem not so long ago.

My little sweetheart stopped eating coimpletely, and I'm sure shehadn't eaten anything for atleast 3-4 days I was so worried I was evenconsidering putting her to sleep. She first had no poops, then smallones, then she had major diarhea, then no poops, then small poops, thennormal poops. Things you can try if it's a hair blockage, (Is this whatyou think it is?) Is the following things I did:

If you can, I would take them to the vet, but I don't think it's tooserious if you absolutely cannot. If they aren't eating, you HAVE toget something in them. For my rabbit, I did teh same I boiled water andlet the pellets sit and then mushed them to amek them fluffy and addedmore water to make it go through the syringe. If yuou can get to a vet,ask about hairball remedy with laxative. This is one of the large partsof the thing that got my baby back to her normal self. I used thiskittymalt stuff giving her about a single knuckles worth two times aday for a week, then took her off it and giving it to her once everythree days for another week, then stopped as the vet said thatsometimes they rely on it too much.

I also had a pineapple mix, although it made my rabbits mouth red soi'm not sure if she had a reaction to it? I have these things from tehvet called Medi-Treats for cat hairball remover that I gave her.Ezyimes are very important for breaking down the hair, and whenanything manufactures with pineapple in it, with the heating proccessit kills the enzyimes, so it needs to be fresh pineapple. Also if youdo get something, make sure it consists of bromelain if you can, andsomething else I can't remember.

Something I also had that I saw major improvements for the first fewdays I started feeding it is papaya enzyme tablets. I gave half of oneeach day for the time I got it and continued until she had improved toher normal self (about two weeks).

This recomendations are just from my past expierence, so I'm not sureif you are %100 dealing with the same case, so if you don't feel thattheseremedies are appropriate for your rabbits case, it's youthat knows best. If you think that a hairball is the case, maybemessage me and I can help you more. My heart goes out to you, as I wasso worried, couldn't eat or sleep barely and was just breaking downfrom anxiety! If you need to talk to me about it, I can help if youfeel that this mgith be what your bunny has. Sorry if this isn't butrather go on and on fi it helps, then to have not typed it and thenIcould have helped you. I hate to have someoen else go through thisemotionaly draining process as it was just about the straw that brokethe camels back with all thethings that were going on! Ifthis doesn't help, then there is a large amount of hope that yourbunneis will be fine!

Lots of thought for you, and my heart goes out to you! Hope to see some improvement message soon! :)

Spring, I did in fact lose two rabbits,Misty and Apollo to this. Koda and Norman haven't quit eating on methank goodness.

I have them on the pellet slurry. I mix the pellets withpedialyte once they soften I put them in the blender and add a bit morepedialyte so I can syringe it to them.

They hay I have misted with apple juice just to make it moreenticing. I am also giving then canned pumpkin for the extra fiber ithas also.

The nutrical to help boost them up and increase their appetite.Benebac to add the beneficial microbes they need.

I am offering fresh pineapple slices as well as syringe freshpineapple juice to them. They are getting 4 papaya tablets a day.

Simethicone drops for any gas that they may have. Fresh kalefor some added fiber and moisture. Cilantro because they love it. Atiny pinch of oats to help give them a bit more energy. Plain shreddedwheat & bran cereal for the extra fiber.

They have terramyacin in their drinking water to help fight offany secondary infections. Mixed with water and pedialyte.

I'm brushing and plucking them constantly. I'm also giving themfree run of the living room so that they stay active and it helps keepthe gut moving. I am also giving them tummy massages.

I think we are on the same page.;)

I want to thank you and everyone else for the continued support, good thoughts and prayers.

Tina

Oh Tina, I am thanking God as I readthis. I was terrified for you, but I'm hopeful that Normanand Koda are on the road to recovery.

Please call if there is anything at all you need. I'll make sure to check in with you tomorrow or Monday.

Jen and the Critter Crew

Back