Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how I missed your blog until now. I have spent the last three hours catching up! I love reading of your heard's adventures! I want an elop, but my husbnad doesn't like the really long ears, so mini lop will have to be good enough. Becky gets into enough trouble I couldn't imagine what she would do if she had the size to do more. :)

Miss Baby our Netherland Dwarf Himalayan, passed away tonight in her slaves arms. She was a wonderful bun who didn't know she was the smallest bunny. She was 6 years old.

This is a recent photo

BabyF12-28-10.jpg

Here are some pictures of our sweet girl.

BabyandSweetie1-21-10-1.jpg

Babysbunnybutt1-21-10-1.jpg

Babyrelaxing-1.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. I bet that not only do y'all miss her - but the herd does also.

Babyhad those beautiful red eyes. While she was making the transition to cross over the Rainbow Bridge, her eyes slowly lost the vibrant red color. When she crossed over they went completely white. It was so sad seeing her go, not wanting her too, but knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

The memories we have of her will keep her living in our hearts.

Oh no!! :sad: I'm so sorry to hear about that! Miss Baby was such a beautiful bunny, and seemed to be so full of life... she was loved very much and this is what matters. I really do feel for her. I know how it feels to pass through all of that. I hope that you and your bunny family are ok.
Rest in peace, dear Miss Baby! You were a cute and beautiful bunny who will be missed!

:pray: :angel:

:rip: :tears2: :in tears: :sosad :rainbow: :bigtears: :rip:

I was thinking for some reason that Baby was more Karen's bunny...am I wrong? If so...(or even if not) - how is she handling this?

Oh Dave, Karen...I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your little Baby. Sometimes I think it's not fair that our pets have such shorter life spans than humans. Yet at the same time, I try to justify it by believing that it does have a purpose; we can allow our hearts to make room for so many of them because of this. It certainly doesn't lessen the pain in having a beloved pet leave, and because of this it seems we wind up experiencing this far too often. But the love that we encounter through all of those little lives is enough to keep our hearts overflowing, even in times of grief.

My heart goes out to you on the loss of such a beautiful little girl.

:rainbow:

TinysMom wrote:
I was thinking for some reason that Baby was more Karen's bunny...am I wrong? If so...(or even if not) - how is she handling this?

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We can always count on our RO friends to support us when we lose one of our beloved buns. Sometimes friends or family think it's no big deal, "since we have so many". But, as you all know, EACH one has a special place in our hearts that belongs only to them.

Baby was technically Kristin's rabbit, but yes, Peg, she was one of my "favorites" as well. I held her and loved her up at least as much, if not more, than Krissy did. However, at the end, we sat together talking to Baby and stroking her fur, telling her how beautiful she was and what a good bunny, etc. Krissy held her, and Baby even did some tooth purrs. At one point, she tried to climb up under Krissy's chin - her favorite spot! So of course we shifted her up there, and that's where she passed over the Bridge, under her slave's chin.

As has happened to us numerous times, Baby waited for us before she left. We ran errands after I got off work, and arrived home around 6:30 pm. Dave called from the rabbit room that he thought it was Baby"s time, so we scooped her up. As Dave said, the light just gradually faded from her eyes as we interacted with her, and she was gone within 20 minutes. She wanted to say good bye to her 2 best humans before she left.

Peg ~ it's been hard to see her empty cage. Our other Nethie, Tiny, has such a similar personality. It's been both comforting AND tear-producing to spend extra time with him. He's a great bun, though, and deserves the extra lovin'.

Its been awhile since I posted.

Well this past Saturday, Rudy, Jenny and Daisy went to a store not to far from us to be "Easter Bunny's". The store was raising money for a local charity and for a small donation kids could get their picture taken with real bunny's.

I put Rudy in a basket the photographer had as a prop and that is pretty much where he stayed. Rudy was in every single picture that was taken. Jenny was pretty good for a while then just wanted to hop around, but that worked well, she either came up to see what Rudy was doing or layed in the background. Daisy on the other had wanted to explore the store and see where all the food was at.

Overall, it went rather well and I got abox of hand dipped chocolates that the store sells. Being a chocoholic, I was thrilled.

The herd is doing well and Jenny is really coming out of her shell.

It is amazing the size difference between Jenny and Daisy, Daisy is so much bigger.

Titan is becoming a bigger flirt then ever. When I have him out when I am cleaning cages, he lays infront of Sweeties cage, then he goes over to Daisy and finally to Jenny's.

Ahhh, Titan is a lady's bunn. It's so cute when they flirt. He has to make sure all his girls are happy :)

That's wonderful that the photos went well. I'm sure it will make a lasting impression on the children involved. Sounds like the rabbits had fun as well.

Yesterday was a very long day, work was work, then I went to my parents to put up their garage door opener. I jinx it, I thought a couple of hours and I will be home by 5pm. Around 9pm I finally made it home, then I went to check my email and the links in them would not work. While I am trying to figure this out, my daughter tells me there is no hot water.

Email is still not right, but by 1am I managed to get hot water restored to the house.

I took a little break between messing with the email and water issues to take care of the herd and pet a bunny.

I let Jenny out and she hopped around and then went to the communal litter box (cat litter box) and proceeded to dig all the litter out. If that wasn't enough she turned around and pushed the remaining litter out and onto the floor. Once she had done that she tipped it over, just in case she missed some, then proceeded to spread the litter all over the room.

So today after getting bun food and litter, I went to Wally world and got a very deep cat litter box with a lid. I am going to see if they will go in it with the lid on. If they don't its deep enough that should she decide to kick out litter again, she won't be successfull.

Finally, I found this on frontier's website it is so funny.

http://comedy.video.yahoo.com/?v=24906365

Well its been a week since I last posted anything.

Yesterday was my birthday. It had rained the whole week, so much so, that the rivers are at flood stage. Friday, however, was the first nice day we've had in awhile. So it was nice that I got the day off and it was beautiful one at that.

I got HD for life for DishNetwork, my wife, son and daughter got me a blue-ray player. My darling wife and my oldest son got me a Devin Hester football jersey.Devin Hester is a great football player for the Chicago Bears, my favorite team.

Since it was a nice day out I was going to mow the yard. A couple of things had to happen before I could do that. One DishNetwork had to come out and put the new satellite dish on a pole and bury the cable to the house. They it took me forever to get the blade off the lawnmower so I couldn't sharpen it. While doing that I pinched my finger andgot a blood blister.

So darn, the yard didn't get mowed and I had to sit inside and relax and do nothing.

The bunny's are all doing well. I still haven't done anything with Baby's cage and I need to, everyday I start to bend down to fill her food dish.

Every time I got Pudge bunny out this week and brought her out to the livng room to give her some lovin she jumps out of my arms and goes right to my daughter or my wife.

Jenny is definitely feeling secure now. She has been a little stinker, she goes into the litter box I have in the bunny room and attempts to dig all the litter out onto the floor. Yesterday she attempted to turn it over and dump it onto the floor and almost succeeded.

I was sitting on the floor in the bunny room yesterday morning and Jenny did speed binkies back and forth around me. Then she would come up and get some pets and go back to the speed binkies.

Miss Daisy was helping in cleaning up the bathroom today. She went behind the toilet and found a couple of wash clothes that had fallen there and picked them up and put them by the bath tub.

She then proceeded to gather up the towels on the floor and push them out into the hallway. What a helpful bunny she is.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Miss Daisy was helping in cleaning up the bathroom today.  She went behind the toilet and found a couple of wash clothes that had fallen there and picked them up and put them by the bath tub.

She then proceeded to gather up the towels on the floor and push them out into the hallway.  What a helpful bunny she is.

Now if we could just teach her to wash and fold them all....

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Miss Daisy was helping in cleaning up the bathroom today. She went behind the toilet and found a couple of wash clothes that had fallen there and picked them up and put them by the bath tub.

She then proceeded to gather up the towels on the floor and push them out into the hallway. What a helpful bunny she is.

Now if we could just teach her to wash and fold them all....
Sounds like another allowance ($)to me... :lookaround Wonder what a bunny makes now-a-days for household chores. ;)

Latest posts

Back