Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some quick photo's of the buns from tonight and last week, they are one week old! Hopefully by Friday or Saturday they will be opening their eyes. Sweetie has been a good mommy and is nursing her babys without our help.

The group in Karen's hand last week:

Sweetiesbabiesgroupshot6-10-09.jpg

The group in Karen's hand this week:

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picL.jpg

One in Karen's hand last week:

SweetiessmallestkitinKarenshand6-10.jpg

This week:

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picM.jpg

Here are some other pics of the baby's:
Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picA.jpg

Sweetiesbaby6-16-09picD1.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picC.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picN.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09picturec.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picF.jpg

Sweetie is a good mommy. Sunday was the last day that we helped her feed the baby's/kits. She has been doing it on her own, they all have little ping pong ball bellies and getting huge! I just went to take of the bunny's and she was in the nesting box feeding them, so I waited until she was done before I took care of the rest of the herd.

My daughter is getting very attached to the runt, I just hope she doesn't name it, it will be that much harder to let it go to a forever home with someone else. I am planning on keeping one, but I want it to be the best show quality. Titan and Sweetie fit the standards very well and I can't wait to see how the baby's match up to ARBA standards.

I have to get ready for work, so I will update later on how the other buns feel about the baby's.

Oh My Gosh those babies are cute.

It must be so exciting watching baby bunnies grow up.

I'd love to do it myself onedaybut I'd get too attached to them and would want to keep them all. My luck it would be a litter o 5 or more. LOL

Susan :)

So here is how the rest of the herd feels about the new baby's:

Skippery eh doesn't care, just wants her attention and craisin.

Nibbles, I am in trouble with her, she turns her back on me and thumps. She is upset because I am spending too much time with Sweetie and her kits.

Dutches, she is upset with Wabbitmom because of the drop in attention.

Baby, When she is out she doesn't even sniff around the nesting box, just explores.

Pudge, When ever the kits whimper she thumps very loudly! and she's been giving me the back.

Velvet, well she's not happy about too much anyway, but she goes over and checks the kits out when she has her free time.

Moo Moo - doesn't care, just give her her treat and she is happy.

Carmel, Titan, Thumper and Tiny have a real problem. Since Sweetie had her kits they have been spraying much much more! Going up to each others cage and boxing through the wire.

Rudy, he's upset because he doesn't get as much free roam time as before.

Oreo is suspicious of whats going on in the apartment below her, whats all the commotion!

Blueberry likes to go over to the nesting box and sniff around, then hop in front of each bucks cage and drive them crazy.

Sweetie is enjoying the extra attention and motherhood, she is taking good care of her baby's and there is always plenty of fur in there to keep them warm.

Here are some update baby bunny pictures including baby bunny butt. Not the greatest pictures I was using my daughters camera and I am not use to it. The bluryness was not caused by my unsteady hand but by the speed of the baby's moving.

These were taken tonight.

sweetiebabybunnyblur6-22-09.jpg

sweetiesbabybunnyblur.jpg

sweetiesbabys6-22-09.jpg

sweetiesbabysbunnybutt6-22-09.jpg

sweetiesbabyspicb6-22-09.jpg

sweetiesbabystogether6-22-09.jpg

Here are some new pictures of Sweeties baby's and one of Velvets little one.

Sweetiesbabies2ofthem6-23-09.jpg

This is the one we call Peanut, he/she is way behind its older siblings but is gaining ground everyday.
Sweetiespeanut6-23-09.jpg

Velvets little one
Velvetsbabyborn6-22-09.jpg

Velvet is a VERY protective mommy! We have to be very, very careful on how we go to look at the little one, she has charged and nipped!

Sweeties have changed so much in just one day, it is incredible!

We just weighed the baby's Sweeties and Velvets. The largest of Sweeties is 12.1 ounces, the next one was 11.9 ounces and 6.1 for the littlest one.

Velvets baby of 24 hours is 3.1 ounces, half the weight of Sweeties little one!

Latest posts

Back