Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:inlove:WE HAVE BABY BLACK FLEMMIES!!!

More details to follow with pictures tonight! She had 5 kits, 2 died. I discovered them this morning when I went to take a closer look as to why she had not eaten. Then I discovered some black bumps, at first I thought it was her foot, but then she moved and they moved! When she came out of her cage and went down the hallway she did a whole bunch of binkies!

:happyrabbit::adorable::party:

:shock:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
:inlove:WE HAVE BABY BLACK FLEMMIES!!!

More details to follow with pictures tonight! She had 5 kits, 2 died. I discovered them this morning when I went to take a closer look as to why she had not eaten. Then I discovered some black bumps, at first I thought it was her foot, but then she moved and they moved! When she came out of her cage and went down the hallway she did a whole bunch of binkies!

:happyrabbit::adorable::party:

Like I promised here are some pictures of the baby's and the proud bunny parents.

One day old and they are 3 inches!

Sweetiesbabiescomparedtoruler6-10-0.jpg

All three in Karen's palm, won't be able to do that for very long.

Sweetiesbabiesgroupshot6-10-09.jpg

The smallest kit in Karen's palm

SweetiessmallestkitinKarenshand6-10.jpg

Miss Sweetie

Sweetiemommaagain6-10-09.jpg

Mr. Titan

Titanproudpapa6-10-09.jpg

Group shot

Sweetiesbabiesonbed6-10-09.jpg

My beautiful wifeandSweeties baby's

WabbitmomwithSweetieskits6-10-09.jpg

Sweetie like last time is having a little trouble nursing or willing to nurse. Last time once we got her into the routine she did just fine. So I took a very long lunch today, raced home and helped Karen get the baby's fed, then rushed back to work.

I serve my rabbit masters, well.;)

I will feel so much better when I know for sure Sweetie is nursing them on her own. Nerves!

What I am looking forward to is the big ears little body phase of flemmies, its so cute!

I am glad I was told about this website, its not very manly talk in a warehouse to discuss your rabbits. Its suppose to be sports, hunting, fishing, things I do just not as much as others. I love sports,well when my kids are playing one and when the Chicago Bears play, I occasionally go hunting and love to fish just never seem to have the time. Gave up golfyears ago, expense and lack of time to play. Although as the kids leave the house who knows.

Rabbits on the other hand are relatively low maintenace animals, there fun to observe and there is nothing like laying on a couch with a cozy bunny snuggled up next to you.

I will be doing something in Elkhart County 4-H rabbit club this fair season. Their is always atleast one adult in the bunny barn everynight. The reason for this is to prevent vadelisim. Years ago vandels had broken cages but does and buck together etc. Since some one has spent the night no more vandelism. Have my son record some shows on his laptop to wath it will be fun. WHat to wear and what to sleep on.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
I will feel so much better when I know for sure Sweetie is nursing them on her own. Nerves!

What I am looking forward to is the big ears little body phase of flemmies, its so cute!

I am glad I was told about this website, its not very manly talk in a warehouse to discuss your rabbits. Its suppose to be sports, hunting, fishing, things I do just not as much as others. I love sports,well when my kids are playing one and when the Chicago Bears play, I occasionally go hunting and love to fish just never seem to have the time. Gave up golfyears ago, expense and lack of time to play. Although as the kids leave the house who knows.

Rabbits on the other hand are relatively low maintenace animals, there fun to observe and there is nothing like laying on a couch with a cozy bunny snuggled up next to you.

I will be doing something in Elkhart County 4-H rabbit club this fair season. Their is always atleast one adult in the bunny barn everynight. The reason for this is to prevent vadelisim. Years ago vandels had broken cages but does and buck together etc. Since some one has spent the night no more vandelism. Have my son record some shows on his laptop to wath it will be fun. WHat to wear and what to sleep on.

Once again I failed to see who was logged in!

Dave

A little concerned about Sweetie and nursing the kits. She really hasn't shown much interest in them and we have been making sure she does nurse. I would really like her to do it on her own. There is one very little one that I am concerned about.

Tonight I am going to give him/her supplemental nursing after I think Sweetie is finished.

Doing good, here are some pictures from tonight right after I held Sweetie and the babies nursed on her tummy. She was tranced and very relaxed which is good sometimesshe can be abit nervous.

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09pictureb.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09picturec.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09pictured.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09picturee.jpg

Well today has been 1 week. The 2 largest of the three are doing great and I think the little one, we call peanut due to its size, is doing ok also. Last night Karen (wabbitmom) got him out and gave him a little supplemental nutrition and he took a little then groom him/herself and curled up in Karens hand and went to sleep.

I will try and post some new pictures tonight of the three.

Latest posts

Back