Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pray:

Thank you everyone.

Now onto a happier note!

:inlove:Wabbitmom12 (Karen) and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary June 1st! We met while both working during college at a department store called Montgomery Wards. I thought for sure someone as cute as she was,had to have a boyfriend. Fortunately for me she did not, we dated a couple of times prior to finals. Beginning of the next semester we saw each other weekly,then began studying together andthen quickly became an item.Six months later I popped the question,never thought about it, hadn't planned it the words just came out one evening. She didn't give me an answer immediately, didn't think to much about it. I just enjoyed being with her.

One day as we pulled into her parents driveway, she said "I think we'll name our son Jeff and our daughter Kristin." I looked at her and asked, so I guess this means yes? She said yes it does. A little over a yearlater, in about 3 weeks time, I had graduated from college, became a Lieutenant in the US Air Force, married and moving to my first duty station in Colorado. Karen has endured all the moves we had to make in Air Force, not complaining once. It was quite a shock to her also, to be married and then within a week having to move 1200 miles away, leaving a very close family and setting up an apartment in a strange city not knowing anyone, while I was at the base all day.

That in a nutshell is how our life started out together.

We have 3 great children, Jeff, 21 and in the USAF, Josh 17 and will be a senior in high school this fall,Kristin, 14 and a freshmen in high school this fall.

Its been an interesting 25 years and the last 5 havebeen, well for the lack of a better word, wacky, to say the least.

Iam married to a very special woman,she hasto be to have put up with me so long!;)

I couldn't imagine life without her.

I'm sorry to hear the bad news :pray:

But congrats on your anniversary! Hope you and your wife have a great day today :) My parents 25th wedding anniversary is on June 9th!

Well I should update about the week.

Karen and I had a low key but nice anniversary day. My in-laws gave us a gift card to Red Lobster restaurant and my parents gave us one to Applebee's restaurant. So we had lunch at Red Lobster and dinner at Applebee's.

We just spent the day doing little things together.

Tuesday was Karen's grandmothers viewing. I went down in the evening and came back home to look after the animals. Wednesday was the funeral so I and my son Josh got up early and went back down for that.

Grandma Mac was a sweet Christian lady and her funeral was more of a celebration then sadness. Due to her lengthy illness, Altzheimers, everyone had plenty of time to get use to the idea that she would pass away someday. Still sad though. Grandma's church had a nice dinner for everyone after the graveside service, that was nice.

The bunny's were good about having to spend extra time in their cages Tuesday and Wednesday. I rewarded them by stopping at Walmart and getting some romaine lettuce their favorite, $1.25 a bunch or head whatever you call it. So last night when I gave them their dinner and filled water bottles, I went and gave them the lettuce.

I left the room with a bunch of lettuce crunching, happy bunnies. They were even happier when I came in later just before I turned off the lights and gave them their pineapple treats. Rudy was so happy that he did some binkies and no one thumped me for turning off the lights.

Velvet spent some time with me on the couch and enjoyed her between the ear rubs and snuggle time.

Oops got to go, lunch break is over!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Due to her lengthy illness, Altzheimers, everyone had plenty of time to get use to the idea that she would pass away someday. Still sad though.
No matter whether a death is expected or not, it's always hard to take :(. I'm pleased it was a celebration of her life though.

Glad you and karen had a good day, and that the bunnies behaved themselves - that was their gift to you ;)

Jan

I got a fire going in our fire pit in the backyard tonight to cook hot-dogs. So while I was watching that I thoughtMr. Carmel spent some time out in the bunny run which he loves! Of all the bunny's, he does the most binkies and just seems to enjoy himself, dug some holes ate the roots of the grass etc.

After I fed and filled water bottles, I was refilling hay racks, tp tubes with hay etc and notice that buns like the hay right out of the tub I keep it in better then what I put in their cages. Its the same hay but evidently it taste better before it gets put in a tp tube or hay-rack.

Sweetie shot out of her cage like a bullet this morning when I went to feed her. That's not a problem since it was Saturday and I had no where I needed to be. Every time I bent down or knelt down to pet her she darted off. I think she was enjoying herself. I'll let him get close, closer run NOW! so it went for 15 minutes up and down the hallway and around the living room.

Ms. Pudge has decided that a neat and tidy cage is not for her any more. For the past week she has been doing her level best to kick all the litter out of her potty box and has shredded, re-shredded the phone book in her cage.

Nibbles enjoyed her run time last night. On and off the couch, up and down the hallway and stretched out in the hallway. Velvet did about the same thing last night when she was out too. Must have been a lazy night for bunny's.

Rudy, as always was well Rudy. He hopped down the hallway, up on the couch and promptly nudged me for some attention. When I stopped he gave me the back and hopped down to the other end of the couch. He hopped onto Karen's lap, woke her up with some nudges and demanded he be petted. She stopped and after a couple failed attempts to get her started again, came down to my end and repeated his demands. When I fell asleep petting his Rudyness, Karen said he went back down the hallway and into his cage where he stretched out and fell asleep.

I think I will head to bed. I made a run to the scrap yard today, a large metal swing set, where I got a whopping $6.63! Just covered my gas there and back. Replaced a spring, with my oldest son's help, on the garage door, so we can use it again. Mowed the yard and cleaned cages and did laundry. Oh man, now that I've read what I just typed I am really tired now!

After I fed and filled water bottles, I was refilling hay racks, tp tubes with hay etc and notice that buns like the hay right out of the tub I keep it in better then what I put in their cages. Its the same hay but evidently it taste better before it gets put in a tp tube or hay-rack.

Sounds like my trio. The hay tastes soooooo much better when it's in the storage container than it does out of a hay rack. Woke up one morning to see that my three had somehow knocked the top off the hay tub and where all happily munching away. Of course the hay in their rack remained untouched. Unfortuantly they also took the liberty of using the hay storage tub as a litter box and I had to get rid of the rest of the hay in there.

Noow the hay container gets stored out of bunnies reach!

While shopping today at Walmart, had to get my Mountain Dew (my source of caffeine in the morning), I got the buns some more romaine and snuck in a bag of craisens in the shopping cart.

We didn't have a very big list, milk, cereal etc and we spent almost $70! Although I think the 2 birthday cards we got for my dad and a couple of graduation cards probably cost $20. I also got some donuts for being good in the store.

When we got home, the heat had turned the icing on the donuts to a sticky goo and when I tried to put them in the fridge there was no room. I spent the next 20 minutes cleaning out the things that had gotten shoved to the back of the fridge. Several containers went straight to the trash, too nasty to be saved. There were several things I have no idea what they were. Something in one of the containers I am sure growled when I opened the lid!;)

Tonight I am sure to have a bunch of happy bunny's, more of there favorite lettuce and craisins! I am sure to be in their good gracious for a minute or too! Its tough being a good slave!

Just a quick blurb.

I went to hand out a treat like I do every night and the buns were all excited because they could smell the CRAISINS!!!

Naturally, I have a whole herd of excited bunny's. Rudy as you can tell has fast become quite a character. Normally he does not get out of his cage for treats but tonight he not only came out, but got between me and Sweetie bun to get his craisin! He got up and into my face and demanded hiscraisin, like I might forget him.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
... Naturally, I have a whole herd of excited bunny's. Rudy as you can tell has fast become quite a character. Normally he does not get out of his cage for treats but tonight he not only came out, but got between me and Sweetie bun to get his craisin! He got up and into my face and demanded hiscraisin, like I might forget him.

OMG... That sounds just like my Luna Belle!!! For Luna being sick with kidney stones, she is the craziest and most demanding when it comes time for snacks!!! I am always amazed with how she has come out of her shell.

Sounds like Rudy is coming out of his shell also. Ahhhh... the power of snacks!!!! LOL ;)

myheart

Oh, yes, old Rudy Boy is very much enjoying his status of P.B. (Privileged Bun!). Since he's neutered, and very fastidious about using his litter box - and nothing else - he gets more free roaming. He can come out and hop up beside us on the couch at will, demanding and receiving head rubs. When it comes to treat time, he's like the Alpha dog who says, "ME first, OF COURSE!!"

I have kept the gate closed to the bunny run when I am not using it so other animals won't get in. Last night my son Josh looks out at the bunny run and somehow awild bunny was in there eating the clover.

I have had my buns in there several times since I put it up and they have explored every corner and inch of the fence. They never foundany way out. Somehow this little wild bun found a way in!

So much for keeping them out!

Latest posts

Back