URGENT RESCUE: Columbus, OH

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seniorcats, have you seen a picture of one of my cats? She looks eerily like the one in your avatar!

I just wanted to check back in. It's been a busy day but I have been able to take a peek at the forum and my email throughout the hours. You guys are all amazing helping out the way you have. You have no idea how excited three families are here in Mo, anticipating the arrival of their new "babies".

Has anyone decided what colors/sexes are coming this way?

I'm still not choosey myself - I personally like the REWs (Onion is a REW, as was Cricket)and didn't realize they are harder to adopt out until I read this thread. I actually anticipated blacks, but then thats because black dogs are so hard to adopt out.

Cara is wanting a bonding buddy for Magpie (female, spayed Flemish Giant) so she keeps leaning towards a male, but she's just happy to adopt and help out any way it turns out.

Racheal is like me, not set on either color or sex.

We all have been throwing around names for the newbies but most have been genderless so far. ;) Do you have any idea on their ages?

I haven't found anyone else to opt to adopt one of these guys, so it looks like 4 is where it stops, as far as the Missouri Transport. Jazzaroosky, you adopted one? Thats awesome!That leaves 3 that need homes still. I am so hoping to see them all get placed in homes before having to go to a shelter. I'm definantly keeping my fingers crossed!

You guys are awesome! :great:

Ann, I love the salute for REW liberation! Oberon approves.;)

Anyone good with graphics that would want to draw an icon? Bunny paw salute!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I asked hubby to buy me a new car for my birthday but it doesn't seem likely! LOL.

First thing this morning, Lexi said "Mom, when do we get to get those bunnies??" and asked if she could skip school to help me on the transport if needed. LOL It's in her blood!
You guys are awesome! I can't wait until all of this actually happens and I can't thank you enough for helping out! :biggrin2:

There are two males left. If Cara is looking for a bonding prospect for a female that she has, then I can make sure she gets one of the males. I guess it makes sense to take the other male as well....they can share a carrier (we don't want any baby buns!!) and the other 2 will obviously have to be females. I'll let you and Rachel decide who gets who. :)

I'm not positive on the colors of the females. Well, I know it's the same mixture as the males...REWs and blacks, but I'm not sure how many of the 5 females are black and how many are REWs. One of the remaining males is black, one is REW like my Rilo boy.

I have no idea on their age as I forgot to ask when I went out to see them and bring Rilo home....but if I can remember, I'll ask when I go out again. I've heard back from a couple of rescues who are willing to foster for the time being, so I may be going out soon to get the three who will not be traveling to MO before next weekend.

Leaf wrote:
seniorcats, have you seen a picture of one of my cats? She looks eerily like the one in your avatar!

I just wanted to check back in. It's been a busy day but I have been able to take a peek at the forum and my email throughout the hours. You guys are all amazing helping out the way you have. You have no idea how excited three families are here in Mo, anticipating the arrival of their new "babies".

Has anyone decided what colors/sexes are coming this way?

I'm still not choosey myself - I personally like the REWs (Onion is a REW, as was Cricket)and didn't realize they are harder to adopt out until I read this thread. I actually anticipated blacks, but then thats because black dogs are so hard to adopt out.

Cara is wanting a bonding buddy for Magpie (female, spayed Flemish Giant) so she keeps leaning towards a male, but she's just happy to adopt and help out any way it turns out.

Racheal is like me, not set on either color or sex.

We all have been throwing around names for the newbies but most have been genderless so far. ;) Do you have any idea on their ages?

I haven't found anyone else to opt to adopt one of these guys, so it looks like 4 is where it stops, as far as the Missouri Transport. Jazzaroosky, you adopted one? Thats awesome!That leaves 3 that need homes still. I am so hoping to see them all get placed in homes before having to go to a shelter. I'm definantly keeping my fingers crossed!

Awe, thank you Ann!

Good news is I had another e-mail for a $10 donation....

$30! We're getting closer... :biggrin2:

If you'd like to maybe donate $25 and I will take care of the extra $5? That'd be great! I will PM you my current address on LL. :)

seniorcats wrote:
Jess, Iposted on LL and will post the same here. I will gladly mail a check for the $40 if you send me your address (no Paypal acct). Our girl Melody gives a clenched paw salute for REW liberation.If you happen to get a bit over, I'm sure it's needed for gas and travel.

Ann (aka Frankenbunny aka seniorcats)

Sent you a PM on LL. The check is all ready to mail tomorrow. Miss Melody would love to haveher first momvisit. I hope she behaves herself this time - naw, she'll probably be classic evil Mel :devil. If you think you can visit, I'll send directions - there is some road construction as usual. Wait til you see the 40 horse barn they just built at the end of the road.

Someone is taking one of the rabbits today! She's located in Cambridge, OH. I need to talk to her about what the arrangements will be...if she's going to foster while I look for a permanent home or if she's adopting for good, OR if she's taking it in through the rescue she works with..... BUT that's another one down!

6 down, 2 to go! :biggrin2:

(Included in the 6 are the 4 going to Missouri....WHO WE STILL NEED DRIVERS FOR NEXT WEEKEND!!!)

Oh! And we met our goal for the "bail money." Thank you so much Ann, you are so sweet. :D

Leaf wrote:

No , I don't think I've seen your kitty pictures. Will have to look. My avatar kitty is Nutmeg, better known as Chunk or Chunkalicious. She is large and in charge. She was starving pregnanat 6 month old when a friend rescued her in Taylor, South Carolina (near Myrtle Beach). My friend arranged akitty train from SC to eastern PA and then across PA to me in northeast Ohio. 'Nutter' has been here 3 years.

I'll tell her she has a twin in Missouri.

Glad I could be of some small help. Greg mailed the check for me this morning so I hope it arrives tomorrow or Tuesday. Jess if you do come up this way,I can try and get some 2nd or 3rd cutting hay if you need it. It's incredible hay this year - better than Oxbow according to my trio. It's going fast to the horse people.We just got a truck load for HRS bunnies.

Mmmm, I think Lucy's little mouth is watering just thinking about it. I just bought a big bag of Zupreem Western Timothy (I used to buy Zupreem pellets for my cockatiel, Piccolo....I had no idea they marketed hay as well), but it's going quick between her and Rilo!

Even if none of the bunnies come your way, Ann, I'd still love to come visit the next weekend you're available. Zach won't be home this weekend (or all week...he's down in West Virginia with his dad, uncle, and grandpa building a barn on their family's property), but he will be after that. I'll drag him up so he can finally meet the big bad bunny known as Melody I always talk about, hehe. And I'd love to get my hands on some of that hay too! Let me know what I'll owe ya. :)

seniorcats wrote:
Jess if you do come up this way,I can try and get some 2nd or 3rd cutting hay if you need it. It's incredible hay this year - better than Oxbow according to my trio. It's going fast to the horse people.We just got a truck load for HRS bunnies.

Alright, I just picked up one of the females, who will be going to a nice lady whose name is Sally, located in Cambridge, OH later today. I also forked over a check for $140. The rabbits are officially paid for and mine, but because I do not have the room personally to keep them all with me until new homes are found, they will be staying put for at least another week yet.

Kaylene (girl with the rabbits) will be out of town next weekend, so chances are I will pick up the 4 headed to MO on Friday evening, they'll stay here overnight, and will go to their next stop on the transport Saturday.

Pennie - we may not need you to keep them overnight....I'm hoping that by the end of the week, we'll have the whole train sorted out and the earlier start Saturday will move things along much quicker.

I'm going to contact Bunderground, just to see if they can be of any help.

In the meantime, any volunteers who would like to help drive between Indianapolis and St. Louis, you're still needed!!!

Thank you Jessica!!!!!!

You are doing a fantastic job pulling this all together. As soon as Haley gets home, I think her assistance will get the transportation issue moving.

LOL, you've been just as helpful!!! So big thank you to you as well!

slavetoabunny wrote:
Thank you Jessica!!!!!!

You are doing a fantastic job pulling this all together. As soon as Haley gets home, I think her assistance will get the transportation issue moving.

Jazzaroosky wrote:
Mmmm, I think Lucy's little mouth is watering just thinking about it. I just bought a big bag of Zupreem Western Timothy (I used to buy Zupreem pellets for my cockatiel, Piccolo....I had no idea they marketed hay as well), but it's going quick between her and Rilo!

Even if none of the bunnies come your way, Ann, I'd still love to come visit the next weekend you're available. Zach won't be home this weekend (or all week...he's down in West Virginia with his dad, uncle, and grandpa building a barn on their family's property), but he will be after that. I'll drag him up so he can finally meet the big bad bunny known as Melody I always talk about, hehe. And I'd love to get my hands on some of that hay too! Let me know what I'll owe ya. :)

seniorcats wrote:
Jess if you do come up this way,I can try and get some 2nd or 3rd cutting hay if you need it. It's incredible hay this year - better than Oxbow according to my trio. It's going fast to the horse people.We just got a truck load for HRS bunnies.
We'll have to make the visit at or right after full moon soZack sees her royal evilness at her 'best'. Will make sure we are stocked with bandages and antiseptic. I bet he doesn't believe a word either one of says about her personality.

We'll have to make the visit at or right after full moon so Zack sees her royal evilness at her 'best'. Will make sure we are stocked with bandages and antiseptic. I bet he doesn't believe a word either one of says about her personality.

"Royal evilness"??? Sweet Mel? No way. That precious gray girl is the essence of sweetness. Don't let these horrible people malign your image Mel! Stand up to lagomorph power.

Ummm....does Melody still drive Ann? Can she take a few legs?

slavetoabunny wrote:
We'll have to make the visit at or right after full moon so Zack sees her royal evilness at her 'best'. Will make sure we are stocked with bandages and antiseptic. I bet he doesn't believe a word either one of says about her personality.

"Royal evilness"??? Sweet Mel? No way. That precious gray girl is the essence of sweetness. Don't let these horrible people malign your image Mel! Stand up to lagomorph power.

Ummm....does Melody still drive Ann? Can she take a few legs?
Oh Patti, you are the only human ever to have control over Dr. Frankenbunny. She is mortally ashamed of her weakness ingiving in to your trancing powers. Mel still drives but we know enough to hide our car keys. She can probably take a leg or 2 if she can figure out how to fly her 2-seater broom stick.

Oh Patti, you are the only human ever to have control over Dr. Frankenbunny. She is mortally ashamed of her weakness in giving in to your trancing powers. Mel still drives but we know enough to hide our car keys. She can probably take a leg or 2 if she can figure out how to fly her 2-seater broom stick.

I need to photoshop a picture of Melody behind the wheel of a flying bus. Wouldn't that be a hoot. Kind of wizard of oz'ish. Got any profile shots of Mel I can work with?

mel7.jpg

Mel visiting Stay-A-While Cat Shelter

Oh my beautiful Melody!!! You are still as beautiful as I remember. Why haven't you taken off the cats off head yet though? You must be mellowing in your old age.

It's not quite a profile, but I can probably photoshop something cute with this.

Jazzaroosky wrote:
Alright, I just picked up one of the females, who will be going to a nice lady whose name is Sally, located in Cambridge, OH later today. I also forked over a check for $140. The rabbits are officially paid for and mine, but because I do not have the room personally to keep them all with me until new homes are found, they will be staying put for at least another week yet.

Kaylene (girl with the rabbits) will be out of town next weekend, so chances are I will pick up the 4 headed to MO on Friday evening, they'll stay here overnight, and will go to their next stop on the transport Saturday.

Pennie - we may not need you to keep them overnight....I'm hoping that by the end of the week, we'll have the whole train sorted out and the earlier start Saturday will move things along much quicker.

I'm going to contact Bunderground, just to see if they can be of any help.

In the meantime, any volunteers who would like to help drive between Indianapolis and St. Louis, you're still needed!!!

Since it's going to be a week before transport is made I'll put this out.

None of us are backing out of adopting the four we have committed to here in Mo.

However, it's been discussed and the question all three of us have is how to proceed if local homes become available to these rabbits before the weekend?

Would it be in the rabbits best interest (immediate home, less transport stress) to be rehome locally?

*sigh*

We want our bunnies but also want the best for them so we're torn between not saying anything and being excited about the upcoming transport, or saying that if a localhome becomes available for any of the four to let them go home that way..

I thought I'd put this out there but I don't want it to be mistaken that we're backing out.Absolutely 4 have homes here unless it becomes in the buns' best interest to be rehomed sooner, closer to home.

Just please don't make a transport to another state or whatnot, if transport is needed they already are spoken for by us!

I'm very tired as I type this, so I hope it makes sense.

Hehe, makes perfect sense and I completely understand what you're saying. I want what is best for these rabbits as well, so IF there should suddenly be a rush of people locally who would want to take the rest in like TOMORROW, chances are I will decide to go with that option....especially since it's been tough getting a transport pulled together.

HOWEVER - I honestly don't see that happening. I'm very disappointed with the many rescue organizations I've contacted in that I haven't heard back from the majority of them on this matter....even if they do not have room to foster or take in any of these rabbits, it would still be appreciated and look good for them to at least respond and say that they are unable to help.

So I am 99.9% sure the transport to MO will proceed this weekend, if it is able to be pulled together, at least.

I definitely wouldn't arrange for them to go anywhere else outside of the state after already making plans with you all. :) No worries there.

Latest posts

Back