URGENT RESCUE: Columbus, OH

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whose e-mail address can I use, when I contact one of my rescue friends? I received an email from a lady who is asking me to take in a deaf/blind 2 year old dog. She's in the St Louis area, and if things work out she may be able to do the St Louis to Union legs when she brings me the 2 year old dog. I haven't emailed her back about the dog but it just dawned on me that I may be able to get her to help...

How many do I have coming this way, has anyone decided - two or three? I'll have room for two definantly and I have a friend wanting one as well. Soo - I can take three in, or it wouldn't be a problem if two come this wayand she takes her pick.

Leaf - If you can take three (your 2 + 1 for your friend), then I will arrange it so that three are sent your way. :)

Feel free to use my e-mail address ([email protected]).

Patti - As of right now, it looks like Leaf is taking 3 of them. Someone in Dayton said that she could temporarily house one of the bunnies...which would leave 3 remaining.

CAHS charges an admittence fee to all incoming animals, however, the woman I cooresponded with told me that they would waive this fee for the bunnies coming to them. If there are no other homes available to foster these rabbits currently, I can bring the remaining 3 to them. I was hoping to use CAHS as a last resort, due to them being a kill shelter....but the Columbus HRS works with them and I know they do have a pretty decent adoption rate. I will try to send the black ones to CAHS....since REW rabbits have a much smaller chance of being adopted than non-REWs. Just trying to minimize the chance of euthanasia being the possible outcome.

How would we like to set up the donation fund? As I said earlier, I was thinking Paypal and then I would write a personal check to give to the woman with these rabbits. The only thing is I'm not too Paypal savvy....and am not sure how to set it up to receive money.

Let's just use your paypal, I would ahead and post a link for it. The important part is getting those bunnies out of their current situation. I promise to make up for any shortfall.

Ok, seriously forgive me. LOL. But to anyone who has a Paypal account who would like to make a donation to help these bunnies, my e-mail address for the account is:

- paypal address removed....the money has been collected. thanks guys! -

We need $140. I am making a donation of $25, so that knocks it down to $115.

Even if we are unable to fill all the slots on the transport train for this weekend, I'd like to be able to pay this woman this weekend to guarantee that these rabbits are ours so she does not sell them to anyone else.

great! thanks so much patti!

i have contacted the IN, IL, and MO House Rabbit Societies as well as posted on a couple of Livejournal transport and bunnies communities about these rabbits in hopes of finding someone who can fill the leg between Indianapolis and St. Louis. :)

I dont think this would qualify for Bunderground bc I think those have to be coming from a rescue where their life is endangered or something. I would email someone there to check. And you can check the bunderground Frappr map to contact members directly as well.

Im in Chicago this weekend so I havent been able to help with this yet. I'll definitely help next week, I have lots of contacts all over.

You guys have gotten it off to a great start! I'll ry to help more once Im back home.

I asked hubby to buy me a new car for my birthday but it doesn't seem likely! LOL.

First thing this morning, Lexi said "Mom, when do we get to get those bunnies??" and asked if she could skip school to help me on the transport if needed. LOL It's in her blood!

Ok, slight change in plans..

I'm still wanting to adopt two. My friend definantly wants one.

Another friend is showing interest, she has a spayed Flemish Giant female who recently lost her adopted "brother" a few months ago. Cara has been looking to adopt or buy another Flemish Giant but we have no luck in this area finding any, so she's agreed to help out with one of these if she can. She's hoping for a bonding partner for Magpie but if it wouldn't work out she can make arrangements for two solo bunnies.

That would be 4 rabbits. If its a hardship, Cara can step out and continue looking in this area for another large breed.

I'm going to be heading to Union today as I've received some exciting family news and want to visit but I'll have complete computer access.

If this weekend doesnt work out next weekend would be great as well. I'm just now on antiabotics for a pretty severe sinus infection and ear infections and all of it combined is kicking my rear right now so by next weekend I'd feel better, but at the same time we want the babies NOW!

If this pulls together this weekend, by all means lets do it!

I'm in for keeping four overnight if necessary! and helping transport where I can! I just need to make sure I have some cages/crates. I'll figure it out tho. I think I have a couple. I'll check and get back.

Hubby's working on my van!!!! I might be able to go a little further next weekend! I'll let you know that too!

I'm excited and they aren't even mine LOL!

I found a carrier for sale for $15 that I think I'm going to jump on....in which case, 4 would be no problem at all! In fact, it'd be great!

Leaf, I PMed you about how far you're willing to travel....we're having trouble getting volunteers between Indianapolis and St. Louis. Let me know. :)

So long as we can scrounge the money together to pay for these babies, I think the lady seems very willing to work with us. So while I'd love to do this all tomorrow, it might not be realistic....and next weekend might work a little better. I hate for those bunnies to be in those cages for yet another week, but we're working our tails off trying to figure this all out.....lol.

Leaf wrote:
Ok, slight change in plans..

I'm still wanting to adopt two. My friend definantly wants one.

Another friend is showing interest, she has a spayed Flemish Giant female who recently lost her adopted "brother" a few months ago. Cara has been looking to adopt or buy another Flemish Giant but we have no luck in this area finding any, so she's agreed to help out with one of these if she can. She's hoping for a bonding partner for Magpie but if it wouldn't work out she can make arrangements for two solo bunnies.

That would be 4 rabbits. If its a hardship, Cara can step out and continue looking in this area for another large breed.

I'm going to be heading to Union today as I've received some exciting family news and want to visit but I'll have complete computer access.

If this weekend doesnt work out next weekend would be great as well. I'm just now on antiabotics for a pretty severe sinus infection and ear infections and all of it combined is kicking my rear right now so by next weekend I'd feel better, but at the same time we want the babies NOW!

If this pulls together this weekend, by all means lets do it!

Pennie that's great!! Hehe, just let me know what's up. And I'll be doing the same. :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I'm in for keeping four overnight if necessary! and helping transport where I can! I just need to make sure I have some cages/crates. I'll figure it out tho. I think I have a couple. I'll check and get back.

Hubby's working on my van!!!! I might be able to go a little further next weekend! I'll let you know that too!

I'm excited and they aren't even mine LOL!

So long as we can scrounge the money together to pay for these babies, I think the lady seems very willing to work with us. So while I'd love to do this all tomorrow, it might not be realistic....and next weekend might work a little better. I hate for those bunnies to be in those cages for yet another week, but we're working our tails off trying to figure this all out.....lol.

Don't worry about scrounging up the money. If we are short, I'll make-up the difference Jessica. But, hopefully a few more generous bunny lovers will come forward to help out.

It sounds like next weekend is going to be the best option for pulling this together. Hehehe.....they really don't have to stay in those small cages for another week.....don't you want 7 more rabbits in your apartment for a week? I think when Haley gets back home Monday she will be very helpful in pulling this transport together.

Patti you've been so helpful. Thank you so much. :)

And of course I wouldn't mind keeping them all temporarily, but I don't have the space!! LOL.

slavetoabunny wrote:

Don't worry about scrounging up the money. If we are short, I'll make-up the difference Jessica.

It sounds like next weekend is going to be the best option for pulling this together. Hehehe.....they really don't have to stay in those small cages for another week.....don't you want 7 more rabbits in your apartment for a week? I think when Haley gets back home Monday she will be very helpful in pulling this transport together.

Jess, Iposted on LL and will post the same here. I will gladly mail a check for the $40 if you send me your address (no Paypal acct). Our girl Melody gives a clenched paw salute for REW liberation.If you happen to get a bit over, I'm sure it's needed for gas and travel.

Ann (aka Frankenbunny aka seniorcats)

Latest posts

Back