Twilight Saga *SPOILERS*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I'm sort of waking this topic up! I just finished Breaking Dawn! I love the series (I thought it would be all girly and romancy and it kinda is but it's awesome!) but Breaking Dawn wasn't as good as the others! It doesn't flow as well and goes a bit weird! I also don't like the last part that much. It grips you though 'cos you're already close to the characters so I enjoyed it heaps!

I thought the movie was okay but could have been a lot better! It lacked the 'closeness' that the book had. And yes, the house was all wrong, way too modern (in my opinion)! Also the characters weren't in it enough (like Alice).

The books are really different from each other! As they go on, they get more into vampires and werewolves not school.

I like Alice heaps! Emmett is cool too and Jacob. Basically all the characters rock in their own way. If one wasn't there, it just wouldn't be as good!

I probably have more to say, but that's it for now! :D

I've recently started reading these as well. One of my friends is obsessed with them and she seems to have spread this love of Twilight to everyone else in our group of friends. I'm currently about two thirds of the way through Eclipse. I really need to finish as I have someone waiting to borrow it after me, but I've had to force myself to stop reading as I've really dropped behind on my work the last few days due to reading all the time!;)

I have to say though, I wouldn't have thought I would have liked Twilight. Vampires and werewolves...not exactly my cup of tea! But I really have got sucked into them. I love Edward,:love:although Jacob really gets on my nerves.:grumpy:So far Twilight remains my favourite of the saga, although I still have Eclipse to finish and Breaking Dawn to read. I found New Moon just heart breaking! But that was the point I guess.;)

I have been obsessing over Edward Cullen - badly!! Seriously, I hope my boyfriend doesn't find out hehe!!

I am reading all the books again! And I've sucked my mum in! hehe!!

TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I've recently started reading these as well. One of my friends is obsessed with them and she seems to have spread this love of Twilight to everyone else in our group of friends.
My whole year has gone crazy for Twilight, looking around a free period nearly all the girls are reading them. Actually, it's the whole school, you see the books being passed about in the corridors all the time. It's so funny! :D

Yeah, it's nuts how popular it is! I was 24th on the library reservations list and all the bookshops were out of stock! When Borders finally got some in, they made an announcement saying how proud they were to have the whole series and then I bought the last Eclipse! :D

Michaela wrote:
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I've recently started reading these as well. One of my friends is obsessed with them and she seems to have spread this love of Twilight to everyone else in our group of friends.
My whole year has gone crazy for Twilight, looking around a free period nearly all the girls are reading them. Actually, it's the whole school, you see the books being passed about in the corridors all the time. It's so funny! :D

I know, it's so mad! In my English literature class all the girls just talk about Twilight, which is a bit scary seeing as we are A2 and so are supposed to be the best literature students in the whole school. You'd think we'd be talking about Keats, Shelley, Shakespeare...but no - we get sucked in by Twilight!;)It's just nice to read something for pleasure as opposed to having to analyse every single word!

I finished Eclipse. I wasn't blown away to be honest. It was still good and I enjoyed reading it, but I didn't find it as good as the earlier two. I'm waiting to borrow 'Breaking Dawn' from one of my friends but she is refusing to give it to me until I finish my Englishliterature coursework.:shock:I know she has a point and is doing this for my own good (my deadline is Tuesday) but it's still annoying!:grumpy:

Only three people in my class read it because it's considered emo, I'm going to buy the first book today though because I saw it on sale, it better be good!

Numbat wrote:
Yeah, it's nuts how popular it is! I was 24th on the library reservations list and all the bookshops were out of stock! When Borders finally got some in, they made an announcement saying how proud they were to have the whole series and then I bought the last Eclipse! :D
i've got one better than that-i was number 111 for twilight and in the 30s for eclipse and breaking dawn. new moon was the only one i got from them, i just couldn't wait that long(i was reading twilight because i wanted to see the movie and i try not to see movies w/o reading the book first)-it would have been, like, 3 years or something crazy to get twilight it everyone had kept it only the allowed three weeks!

I just got the first book today, they were on sale because they weren't selling and they had a whole pile of them!

irishbunny wrote:
Only three people in my class read it because it's considered emo, I'm going to buy the first book today though because I saw it on sale, it better be good!
How can a book be "emo"? :?

No idea lol, according to everyone it's an emo book and only emos read it and if you read it your an emo :rollseyes I was like ''Oh I might read that twilight book, it looks good'', and what I got back was ''Oh, but your not emo?'' I got it anyway and I'm going to start reading it tonight, if everyone here says it's good then it must be!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I know, it's so mad! In my English literature class all the girls just talk about Twilight, which is a bit scary seeing as we are A2 and so are supposed to be the best literature students in the whole school. You'd think we'd be talking about Keats, Shelley, Shakespeare...but no - we get sucked in by Twilight!;)It's just nice to read something for pleasure as opposed to having to analyse every single word!

I finished Eclipse. I wasn't blown away to be honest. It was still good and I enjoyed reading it, but I didn't find it as good as the earlier two. I'm waiting to borrow 'Breaking Dawn' from one of my friends but she is refusing to give it to me until I finish my Englishliterature coursework.:shock:I know she has a point and is doing this for my own good (my deadline is Tuesday) but it's still annoying!:grumpy:
Exactly! It's just for fun, I wasn't planning on telling anyone I had read them, then came back after Christmas and all of a sudden everyone was talking about them, so unexpected! :D Some people have gone too far though, they seem to think Edward Cullen is real... even a few in my year.. :shock:

LOL! Seriously finish your CW first, the night before my maths module, rather than revise, I read Breaking Dawn. :expressionless You won't be able to put it down for anything. ;)

irishbunny wrote:
No idea lol, according to everyone it's an emo book and only emos read it and if you read it your an emo :rollseyes I was like ''Oh I might read that twilight book, it looks good'', and what I got back was ''Oh, but your not emo?'' I got it anyway and I'm going to start reading it tonight, if everyone here says it's good then it must be!
Good for you! Don't listen to them, just read it and if you like it you like it, if you don't you don't. The people who have bought the 40 million that have been sold can't all be "emo" anyway. ;)

Ya, well most of you guys aren't emo and read it so it musn't ''just be emos'', I'll probably start later tonight in bed. I can't believe everyone is having such problems getting the book, I had no problem getting it and there was tons of the other books in the saga too!

My mum had problems getting them for me (they were Christmas presents), she had to wait ages for Eclipse, and one of the others, possibly New Moon.. and that was before the film even came out.

Funny, it was even on sale, I got it for 7.95, all the other books were definatly there, I suppose not many people are reading it since it's ''emo''.

Latest posts

Back