Twilight Saga *SPOILERS*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PepnFluff wrote:
Yeap it's Edwards perspective.
It really should get published, It would offer us so much more info and hey, who doesn't want to hear Edwards thoughts lol. Stupid people for releasing it on the net! GRR ruin it why don't they.
I know :X

I want to get the audio of all the books look on the website, there are a few clips from 2 chapters of Twilight!! Woop!

Stephenie Meyer - Audio!!!!

Yes, it's Twilight from Edward's perspective. I read most of the draft that got leaked last night, it's very good even though that wasn't the finished one. Shame that it got leaked though. :(

i was reading a while back comments people were writing on her writing midnight sun.

one that stuck in my head was

"How hard could it be you just write all the same stuff and put it from Edwards point of view."

I think they'd find big holes in the story if she did that, of course she has other things she has to write, like what he was doing when they weren't together, that is certainly all new material. not to mention Edwards view of things would be vastly different from Bella's... the voices he hears in his head, the way he sees himself etc.

I think it is a shame it got leaked, it is possible if it hadn't we might all have copies of it now, or this coming year...

I did go to Stepenie's web site and read the draft she has there, and all it did was leave me wanting more...

I got the books late in the game, and prob a good thing for me, because I got to read all of them one after the other. the bad thing is I strained my eyes by reading all 4 books plus her midnight sun draft in 7 days. mind you that was around work and daily life, hated having to putone of thebooks down to go to bed work etc...

I do have to say there are very few books that draw me in like that, and counting her books as say 1 (1 series) i can count on one hand the number of books that have ever drawn me in like that.

It's interesting how peoplecriticize her writing, that it's not "professional" to them I say whatever, it was written more like it came from the character living it in a more realistic way, like you or I writing in a journal or diary, and if that's what the big draw is then why would anyone want to change that? if it had been written differently it may not have had the same effect and not have been so popular. Just my thoughts on the subject anyways.

I totally agree with you, I think if she changed her writing style to be more "professional" the series would lose alot of what they are, I think as they are written similar to a journal It draws people in and makes people be able to relate themselves to the storyline.

I've stayed away from reading the draft as I will just get infatuated by it and reread it and become obssesive (as she listens to Bella's lullaby:p). I really do hope she release's Midnight Sun as there are so many questions she's left us asking from Breaking Dawn, there are so many people out there all over the world wanting so bad for her to release it and for so many people the series are much more than books.

Okaaay, so I finished New Moon last night and I have to say...I am practically heart broken that the stories have ended (for now?).

Maybe I am a nut, but through reading the books...it made ME want to be in the story...it made that whole vampire world want to be true in our world. I haven't ever read a book or seen a movie that I have been so jealous of the characters involved.

Normal life does seem so boring to me now, lol. I wish it was possible for the series to continue on in many more books because I don't think I would ever get sick of reading about it.

*....runs off to watch the Twilight movie through the link provided*

(don't worry, I saw it in theaters already!)

Haha Amy I know what you mean!:p I felt like that reading them, though actually not so much after Breaking Dawn. You'll enjoy Eclipse, it's my favourite. I have resorted to reading fan fiction on the Internet. There are actually some really good ones though. :)

Michaela wrote:
Haha Amy I know what you mean!:p I felt like that reading them, though actually not so much after Breaking Dawn. You'll enjoy Eclipse, it's my favourite. I have resorted to reading fan fiction on the Internet. There are actually some really good ones though. :)

Whoops....I meant I just finished Breaking Dawn :p. I also didn't feel like I was "living through the book" on Breaking Dawn, either. Maybe a lot of the risky/butterfly feelings went away when Bella turned into an immortal.

I really want there to be more, so we can learn how Nessie's life travels on and how Bella does as a more experienced vampire.

Oh ok!:) The more I think about Breaking Dawn.. the more I didn't like it. It should have been a trilogy, Eclipse being longer, and ending with Bella becoming a vampire. No Renesmee. And ideally Jacob to die. I really don't like him, or werewolves! :p

I was just reading a Fan Fiction, Twilight from Alice's perspective, it's really really good. There definitely wasn't enough of Alice in the books, or Jasper, particularly in Breaking Dawn. :(

Michaela wrote:
Oh ok!:) The more I think about Breaking Dawn.. the more I didn't like it. It should have been a trilogy, Eclipse being longer, and ending with Bella becoming a vampire. No Renesmee. And ideally Jacob to die. I really don't like him, or werewolves! :p

I was just reading a Fan Fiction, Twilight from Alice's perspective, it's really really good. There definitely wasn't enough of Alice in the books, or Jasper, particularly in Breaking Dawn. :(
Yeah, I think a lot of the excitement and thrill fell out when Bella became immortal because she just wasn't in the "danger zone" anymore. I also think adding Nessie in there was odd..it came on too quick, too. I hated Jacob in the beginning, but liked him more as the books went on. I think I really hated Bella for getting so close to him!

What site were you reading on?

Where is the fan fiction? I would really love to read some :p

Saw the film today have to say the BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT EVER!! Alot of important parts of the book weren't there, Jacob had such a little part for being such a big character in the book, Aliceand bella werealready really good friends by the end of the first book we should have seen more of her. Alice should have had black spikey hair! And I Didn't really like the guy who played Edward I thought the person who played jasper would have been better. The only person I was happy with was Bella. Thought they left out alot of exciting bits, Like the part whenBellawas being followed they should have made that more drama packed like it was in the book. I just thought it was epic phail!Glad the director isn't doing the next one, hopefully the next director will do better. This is what I thought, Of the film. It just was so disappointing because the book was so exciting.

Thats why I don't care much for the film, I don't mind that I haven't seen it yet. And why I try to get people to read the book first.

Books are always better than the films....

Becca wrote:
Thats why I don't care much for the film, I don't mind that I haven't seen it yet. And why I try to get people to read the book first.

Books are always better than the films....
Yeah that's true, But they can't put everything in for us crazy fans LOL!

Personally, I am a fan of the film. I am glad I saw the film first, then read the books. I know now what every one looks like and can visualize every thing way better than I would have been able to before.

I am a movie lover and not a book lover, so maybe that is why I enjoyed the movie so much. I never read, but I did definitely enjoy all these books.

It's kinda like Harry Potter...I haven't read any of the books and do not plan to, but I have seen all of the movies and I am a huge fan. I just wait for the next movie to come out to see what happens next :p.

undergunfire wrote:
Personally, I am a fan of the film. I am glad I saw the film first, then read the books. I know now what every one looks like and can visualize every thing way better than I would have been able to before.

I am a movie lover and not a book lover, so maybe that is why I enjoyed the movie so much. I never read, but I did definitely enjoy all these books.

It's kinda like Harry Potter...I haven't read any of the books and do not plan to, but I have seen all of the movies and I am a huge fan. I just wait for the next movie to come out to see what happens next :p.
Personally I think the charecters in the film don't imbody the charecters from the book. They just don't look like what the book describes them as.

paul2641 wrote:
undergunfire wrote:

Personally I think the charecters in the film don't imbody the charecters from the book. They just don't look like what the book describes them as.
I'm annoyed becuase I can't remember what i used to imagine the characters like before I saw the trailer for the film.
:(

Amy here is the one I was reading. :)

I was very surprised at the Twilight film, I quite liked it, and they did a lot better than I expected them to. When I compare it to the enormous disappointment the Harry Potter films are, makes it seem even better. :p

I thought Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Carlisle and Esme were played well and true to the book, though they didn't feature in it enough!:( I thought Jacob was good too, but I know I'll hate him in New Moon as I hate Jacob altogether after the first book. Bella and Edward were played quite well I guess. Rosalie.. was a disappointment for me.. I guess she wasn't in it enough to make a real opinion though. Charlie wasn't right for me at all! And Laurent.. a black vampire? That was unexpected! :p

Something that really annoyed me.. they didn't mention Jasper's extra ability.. why? :( Their house wasn't right at all, it was supposed to be a big white house and all that, and Edward's room was very small.

I can see New Moon being a bad movie.. what with the whole lack of vampires until the end. I hate Jacob and won't like having to endure him.. If they cast that girl out of High school musical as Leah I will refuse to watch it. :X

Becca wrote:
I'm annoyed becuase I can't remember what i used to imagine the characters like before I saw the trailer for the film.
:(
I read the books, saw the film twice, and am now reading the books again. Actually, I'm listening to the aAudio books, but it's the same. I still picture them all like I did first time I read it, except the people from La Push, I had them all wrong! :p

Latest posts

Back