Trixie's Travels - **She's HERE!!!**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LuvaBun sure hit the nail on the head when she said that we're all relieved. Thanks again for sharing this amazing adventure of the love of Trixie with us. Can't wait for pics!.....

Amazing story! So glad Trixie is warm and safe in her new home (surrounded by so many people and buns! that love her). Not that it sounded like everyone at the various airports didn't take very good care of her too.

Flower's already doing Binkies.. and Maisie is relaxing? Sounds like you will need to bond all 3 of your girls together!

_________
Nadia

[size="3"<WBR>]Yippppeeeeee! :bunnydance::bunnydance:<WBR>:bunnydance: [color="red"]Oh yeah, whoop whoop! :elephant::elephant::elephant:<WBR>

[/size][/color]
[color=<WBR>"blue"][color="black<WBR>"]I&#39;m so happy for you, I&#39;m singing along to "we are the champions" by Queen to celebrate. I was dying to check up on this thread yesterday but I had a killer migraine.

Congratulations to you and your new baby, hopefully Flower and Maisie love her to bits.

I can&#39;t wait to hear more and see some pictures. I&#39;m so chuffed for you Rosie!

[/color]
[/color]

Ya know...that&#39;s what I think too. I think Maisie feels she&#39;s just too regal to be binkying around everywhere. She most definitely considers herself royalty...Maisie says, "Would you expect the Queen to be so overtly excited?" Hehe...

LuvaBun wrote:
How cute that Flower is so excited and binkying - I bet Maisie is too, but just doesn&#39;t want to show it ;).

Thanks so much guys!! This has been quite the adventure, and it&#39;s been so cute to see everyone&#39;s reaction to Trixie. All during our game last night, things would pause to coo about her ears falling into her face while she was bathing her tummy, or her stretching those long legs out while laying down. It was so cute...

I&#39;m just waiting to see her do some DBF&#39;s and then I&#39;ll be convinced she loves her new home.

It&#39;s been really cute seeing her communicate with my other two girls and the kitties. Our Sunny (who always feels threatened with a new addition, but never does anything about it) and her had some words last night...more like a stare-down that, like I said, never comes to anything. (I think it&#39;s Sunny communicating that she&#39;s not happy that the new addition is here, but she&#39;s not a mean-spirited kitty, and means no harm...so that&#39;s all it comes to is some staring and silent communication.) Neither of the other two girls held her gaze quite that long...it was really interesting. It looked to me like Trixie held her ground quite nicely...it was really cute. What a spunky girl!

And she let Hobbes sniff her keister (as only a boy would want to do, haha) through the cage bars last night. It was funny. I think the spots really puzzle them, hehe!

And those spots!! Oh my!! MooCow is right!! She&#39;s so dang adorable, I have to pinch myself to be sure I&#39;m not dreaming! I had no idea how bold those spots were...they&#39;re so cute!

I&#39;m figuring out that I need some translation on the lop ear language, though...there are some things I can&#39;t quite figure out, haha!

Anyway, thank you again, guys...this has been truly amazing...and to share it with you guys made it all the more special!! :D

maherwoman wrote:
It looked to me like Trixie held her ground quite nicely...it was really cute. What a spunky girl!
That&#39;s the Mini Lop attitude! There&#39;s nothing like it.

This has been so exciting! I was dying to get home last night for updates!

Hey Rosie...

Maybe I can help in the lop-ear translation a bit...

Both ears down and forward: Trixie is intentlylistening to something interesting....

One ear up and one down....Trix is half eavesdropping on your conversation as she pretends to chill with her legs stretched behind her. Usually when she is leaning against something...she likes to prop her ear up....

Both ears up: Trix is EXTREMELY agitated/nervous...especially at the vet. When I tell them she is a mini-lop and she hops out of the carrier...they think I&#39;m lying cause both ears pop straight up!

Ears flapping together combined with single or doublehead shake: Trix is happy and is gearing up for a binkie

Ears flapping together combined with multiple head shakes: She&#39;s annoyed at you touching her without her permission. This is usually followed by a foot flick and some serious grooming....

Ears down to the side with extreme puppy-dog eyes and nose twitching and climbing on your lap: Trixie wants a treat

Nose poke: Trix is hungry. Also: when she is hungry she starts chewing on her hay rack and tosses her toys around until you wake up to feed her. She seems to eat most of her hay at night....so in the am you will find her hay rack and bowl empty and one indignant bunny....

And one more body-language tip:
Quivering body: When you feed her her ABSOLUTE favorite food: BANANA...she quivers with joy. This is the ONLY TIME you will see her flanks quiver! :)

Hope this helps!
~D

Actually, that helps A LOT!! Thank you!

It&#39;s funny...now reading that...I realize that she eavesdrops A LOT!! Hehe...and yes, with legs stretched out pretending to look like she&#39;s not interested, haha!!!

I love it...she&#39;s got so much personality...she&#39;s gettin&#39; LOADS of love!! :D

She certaily sounds like she&#39;s got quite the personality. Rosie, I think it&#39;s time for you to take some pictures, without scaring her. I&#39;d really like to see how you&#39;ve got those cages set up.

Oh Rosie! I feel the love for her that you are bringing here. It is truely, awesome! I cannot wait for pics. I do realize, you want to wait til she&#39;s settled in and there is Nothing Wrong With That! You&#39;re a super bunny mom.:bunnydance::bunnydance:<WBR>:bunnydance:

:shock2:I have been so busy the past few weeks I havent had much time to be on the puter! I was just hopping on to read my e-mail (2 hrs ago) real quick and I thought I better peek in on the RO and found this!!! I cant believe how quick Trixis travels came up!! I have sat here for the past 2 hrs reading every word every one has wrote!!! :great:What a wonderful adventure for all!! And how lucky we are to get to share it!! Bunny lovers RULE!!! I was:cry4:eek:ne min. then:nerves1then seconds later:laugh:not to mention all:scared:and:pullhair<WBR>:inbetween!!! I am totaly exsausted!!:yawn:. And now I am running way behind on my day!! I have 3 dog beds scedueld for pick up in 2 hrs and I havent put the zippers in 2 of them and havent even started the 3rd one!! And they are 4ft by 5ft !!(going to a guy in Tennesse who raises Great danes)! Not to mention the 13 bunnies who are ready for thier morning treats!!:bangheadWell gotta go!! What a wonderful storie!!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!!

<WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR> CONGRADULATIONS!!!!:balloons:To both families and to Trixi!!!!

Like everyone else..... Cant wait for the pics!!!!!!:inlove:Big giant hugs to both bunny mommys and daddys you did an exallent job for Trixi all the way around!!!

<WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR> Shye,Nuggles,Nibbles,Hoppidy

<WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR> All the foster buns!!

Aww...thank you, Shye!! That was so sweet!

Yes, we were right along with you in each and every post...so many skyrocketing emotions...CRAZINESS!!!

I am so relieved now that she&#39;s here, and was just fine from the plane ride. Her and Flower are becomming best buds through the cage walls here, laying next to one another, following one another around...so cute!!

Hope you get those beds done! Hehe! :D

Rosie & the Girls :bunnydance::bunnydance:<WBR>:bunnydance:

What an adorable story!! The whole thing makes me tear up a bit. :) But in a good way.

I love the name Trixie, by the way. What a sweet little bun.

Now I want a girl bunny.

Hehe...thanks! Credit goes to Denise for such an adorable name...and it fits her so well, too! :D

Hey, I love the girl bunnies...that&#39;s why I have three! :D

And believe me, I know three sounds like a lot when you have one, but once you have one, its so much easier to "just add one more"...and before ya know it, you&#39;ve got three (or more)!! I got my Maisie a little under a year ago (her Gotcha Day is 16th Feb), and I&#39;ve now expanded to THREE!! :D

Bunnies are so wonderful and so precious...:)

When I get closer to considering a second bunny, I&#39;ll have to pick your brain for suggestions on how to get the right second bunny. I&#39;m so nervous they won&#39;t bond that I&#39;m already pulling my hair out!

I just want Chewie to have a companion, and a chance to help another bunny in need.

Oh, my girls aren&#39;t bonded yet. Two out of three still need to get spayed (which should be able to happen within the next few months), and then we plan on trying to bond all three. :)

But, in reading about getting another bun, I should be able to provide some information. :)

My best suggestion, though, is always to post about it in the Rabbits Only section...that way you get more than just my opinion. :)

Latest posts

Back