Too much poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norman tried many times to breed with her but she kept running away. This happened like maybe last month and now I dont see him try again.
I dont know if it happened already or he stopped.
I do want them to breed I wanna see their babies.

Sigh.

That's why I sometimes keep the buck with a pregnant doe for some time, at least my buck stops harassing her and is a sweet cuddlebun once she is pregnant.

I really do not think your problem is a too small litterbox.

That surprise litter I mentioned were from two 5 months old rabbits I thought were both males, well, sex change fairy paid a visit, they got along very fine until one day I noticed one humping the other, thought to better seperate them before fighting starts, but actually she was giving birth and the buck already tried to hump her, it was a mess but all the kits survived and I got him off her before he could impregnate her again. But that was pure luck I was there that moment.

You should have a plan about what to do with the babies, finding new homes for them isn't always easy, and I hope you don't rely on making them someone elses problem.
You'll need much more space, to seperate the bucks and does at 10 weeks, and if or when tensions between the bucks start to seperate those. And I can tell you, they eat and poop a lot, quite some work raising rabbits
Wanting to see their babies is not a good reason to breed them.

Anyway, good luck, just be prepared.

Rabbits are very prolific poopers. There was a study done at a college and they came up with 350 to 500 times a day for rabbits. They also did a fart count and say that the average human blasts 15 a day. They couldn't pay me enough to do either study. My rabbits are all singles and I clean their pan every day.
Haha, oh wow that is a lot of poop. Ill make sure to get a bigger litter box for them.

Sigh.

That's why I sometimes keep the buck with a pregnant doe for some time, at least my buck stops harassing her and is a sweet cuddlebun once she is pregnant.

That surprise litter I mentioned were from two 5 months old rabbits I thought were both males, well, sex change fairy paid a visit, they got along very fine until one day I noticed one humping the other, thought to better seperate them before fighting starts, but actually she was giving birth and the buck already tried to hump her, it was a mess but all the kits survived and I got him off her before he could impregnate her again. But that was pure luck I was there that moment.

You should have a plan about what to do with the babies, finding new homes for them isn't always easy, and I hope you don't rely on making them someone elses problem.
You'll need much more space, to seperate the bucks and does at 10 weeks, and if or when tensions between the bucks start to seperate those. And I can tell you, they eat and poop a lot, quite some work raising rabbits

I already know that rabbits are a lot of work without needing to have their babies added to the mix but I still love them and I still do everything I can to make sure they are happy and healthy.

I had rabbits before and they did give birth like 3 times before I moved houses and had to give them away. So yeah..

Sigh.

Also I did notice that Norman is more cuddly. And they both sleep next to each other and lick each other or whatever it is that cute thing rabbits do to each otger more often now than before.

I reallg do hope that she is pregnant because my mum wanted to put them up for adoption. I was waiti g for someone to call me for that but now uh uh, im taking that back. I love me too much.
And thats a good enough reason to convince my mum that they are harmless and cute.

I reallg do hope that she is pregnant because my mum wanted to put them up for adoption. I was waiti g for someone to call me for that but now uh uh, im taking that back. I love me too much.
And thats a good enough reason to convince my mum that they are harmless and cute.

Hm, sorry, your posts didn't give a hint that you have much experience with breeding rabbits, or any at all.

I could be wrong, or not understanding everything (english isn't my first language), but that logic and reasoning definitly looks somewhat faulty and wierd to me grumpy old man, I think it would be a good idea to discuss that topic with your mother asap.

Hm, sorry, your posts didn't give a hint that you have much experience with breeding rabbits, or any at all.

I could be wrong, or not understanding everything (english isn't my first language), but that logic and reasoning definitly looks somewhat faulty and wierd to me grumpy old man, I think it would be a good idea to discuss that topic with your mother asap.

The only difference is that the ones I had were outdoors at all times and had lots of space. And they were a different breed.
The ones I have now are indoors all of the time and they kind of have different personalities I guess.. I dont know but when their age was suitable for breeding I tried putting them in seperate cages and put the doe in the buck’s cage she refused and I read that she might be not ready since she is a first time breeder and all that. So I waited for a few weeks and then tried again but I didnt see anything happening.

But as I said I noticed kiko pooping a lot and they were all cuddly and cute with each other.

Our bun is free roam and the cage she came with which is 37.8-Inch X 22-Inch is her litter box. We used to Have a smaller litter box for her but she had aweful litter habits, since converting to the bigger one her litter habits are basically perfect unless she’s mad at us for being out of the house or not letting her in the bathroom when we are in there then she poops and pees in front of the door lol.

As for volume that seems pretty normal. I do a spot clean of the litter box every day and a full wash out once a week

Back