Tokyo Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha that's funny about the angry whopper....here in Australia we don't have a burger king but we do have a hungry Jack's which would be comparison to Burger King...and month's ago they brought out a burger called the angry whopper lol...never tried it as i'm not that keen on Hungry Jacks...i would rather go to McDonalds.

Both of your bunnies are absolutely adorable....loved their pictures..

@ kirbyultra - the 'death' spice level is amazing...in japan really spicy food is hard to come by because japanese people have really low tolerance for it (it's not a native flavor), but this actually makes me start grabbing for water. i love spicy food so much though :p and yeah advertising in japan is the best, my favorite is when they (mis)use english...which they do ALL the time. my friends and i are endlessly amused lol.

@Dragonrain - how long have you been studying for ? if you want to practice, feel free to PM me :biggrin2: and shushu's hair is quite amazing in person...it's actually kinked, and it's extremely thick, it very much feels like real wool. she has like twice as much hair as fuan-chan, haha. i guess she's just an exceptionally fluffy girl ;)

---

today was mercifully cool...summers in japan are HORRIBLE and they make me want to go back home to my perfect bay area weather. the humidity today is so so, it rained a bit and so it dropped, and now it's approaching decent since it's evening. still though, even the five minute walk to my supa (supermarket) makes me want to rip my clothes off and jump in a pool. i'm going out with friends tonight, we'll be outside most of the night so hoping that it stays nice.... there is a sort of joke we have that japan has no seasons, it's either so cold your bones are frozen, or so hot that you can't do anything but lie naked under the air con, and two or three months out of all that the weather is actually decent. so don't believe the tour guide books ! it's all a lie ! ;)

recently fuan-chan has decided that her cardboard box is no longer amusing, and has begun to dig in her litter box instead, resulting in the box's entire contents being strewn across her cage. i am not amused by this :grumpy: at least i managed to buy some big floor tiles at the craft/diy store to put in there before she decided digging in the litter box was fun...makes cleanup easy, but no less annoying.

i can't believe i have only one week of vacation left before class begins again...arg, where has the time gone ! last i checked it was the beginning of may, how is it almost july now ??? :panic:

and to make this post more interesting, have some pictures of shushu in a box. i got a new bag for school, and this is the box it came in. (one of the flaps is 'shut', making the box appear smaller, by the way)

100625_15230001.jpg
100625_15240001.jpg

i mailed my friend earlier asking if he was going to be coming out tonight, to which i just the reply 'Ye, verily I shall throw asunder the chains of sobriety'

tonight is gonna be fun :biggrin:

usawan wrote:
anyhow, today shushu discovered where i keep the bunny weed...usually it's sealed up but i was doing some refills and heard some loud crinkling. well i turned around and i see this:

100624_14070001.jpg

I love this picture and I think I'm going to start calling it bunny weed also! Cute.

I remember how hot is was in HK during the summer, I don't know how you take that humidity! Never knew it got that cold in the winter though.

Your vacation starts early! Hope the university has a/c.

helen, i barely survive the humidity ! i usually am sitting at home in my skivvies, halfheartedly waving a fan at my face in an effort to cool down. sometimes the girls will come lay with me on the floor (whoever is out running around at that time) and we both share in a little of the struggle to make it through the heat of the day. it's the worst, however, when you step outside and feel like you just took your second (or third, or fourth...) shower of the day.
this past winter was so cold that it hurt your teeth, and when the wind blew no matter how thick of a coat you had on it went right through to the bone. we were laughing because it was SO bitter freezing that it was funny. it snowed quite a bit too, which is rare for tokyo.

in some bunny news, shushu has decided that my feet and legs are delicious :? i'll be trying to walk around and she'll just be circling my feet, grunting and nibbling away. it doesn't hurt, and it's kind of funny, but i have no idea why she's suddenly started doing it. my bunnies are crazy :rollseyes

last night fuan-chan was out doing bunny 500s around the apartment, but i managed to get a couple pictures of her doing a bunny melt under my hand as i pet her. it was close to 1am, so sorry they are rather dark.

100628_01110001.jpg
100628_01100001.jpg

she was totally pooped, lol.

in some un-bunny news...i've started drawing out a short comic that i've been bouncing around my head for a few weeks. it's something of a self-narrative. i recently got back into drawing after about a year of not drawing anything, so this should be interesting to see how i do...i might upload a couple pages if i can bribe my friend to allow me use of her scanner.

usawan wrote:
advertising in japan is the best, my favorite is when they (mis)use english...which they do ALL the time. my friends and i are endlessly amused lol.
I can spend hours reading wacky advertisements and misuse of English on engrish.com. LOL. My SIL spent 3 years teaching English in Japan, so she used to send such crazy things back to us!

engrish.com is awesome. Sometimes the dollar store near us sells weird stuff from Japan...like pencils and small stuff like that, with really messed up attempts of english. I got a pencil case there before...not that I ever use it, but it was so funny I couldn't pass it up. I actually forget now what it says though, I'll have to look for it sometime and post a picture.

Bunny melt, sooo cute! I wish my bunnies would do that. They're all too busy to ever pay any attention to me.

Defiantly post pictures of your comic if you can! I'd love to see it.

Such cuties. I think Fuan-Chan is a Lion-Lop (half lionhead, half some lop).

first off...i'd just like to say, JAPAN, you tried your hardest, you played a phenomenal game, took it PAST overtime, into a shootout...don't be sad you lost. this is the furthest you've ever gotten before. in another 4 years you can try again, and you'll do even better. endo yasuhito...you are a beast of a man. i'll be wearing your jersey next world cup. honda keisuke...amazing. kawashima eiji, you look angry all the time, but you are a BEAST goalie. everyone...you played a fantastic game. SAMURAI BLUE !! 日本! 日本! (where's my japanese flag icon eh ;))

and...paraguay, even though i wasn't routing for you and made fun of your coach and players all night, you played well also, even if winning in a shootout is not really a 'win' in my opinion. it relies entirely on a single player's luck...not the effort of the team. so don't celebrate too hard, paraguay...you'll get eliminated next round ;)

so obvously, my best friend and i went to a bar to watch the JAPAN vs PARAGUAY game. the game started at 22:00 here in japan, and it was an AMAZING game, even if no goals were scored at all, because just being around the japanese people and feeling their excitement was enough. the suspense each time our team came close to scoring, or when paraguay threatened to score against, us was palpable. my heart was going to beat out of my chest, i swear. even after japan lost, people were clapping and doing soccer chants, cheering the players, because it was a job well done, and they were proud of their team. nobody expected japan to make it anywhere. we showed them !!

after the game ended, my friend walked home (he lives a 15minute walk from where we were) and i started on my trek home since the last train had long gone, and first train wasn't for another three hours almost. i live four train stops away on a local train from this particular area, and so it takes roughly 8-10 minutes to get home normally. on a non-rainy day, the walk takes me about 45 minutes to an hour, depending how slow i'm going.

after we left the bar it was starting to rain, but against better judgement i put my hood up and struck out for home. now, me being not the brightest crayon in the box, didn't bring an umbrella with me beforehand even though it had been raining all evening. so i start walking home, and before i'm even halfway i am soaked to the skin and it's raining cats and dogs on me. i FINALLY made it home about an hour and a half later (about 20 minutes prior to me writing this). i am exhausted !! but i felt like i had to post about the soccer game (yes, SOCCER, because i'm from america ;)) and my bad decision to walk home in the rain.

i will read everyone's comments and reply after i've woken up...seeing as it's 5am right now that will probably not be for a while haha. :yawn:

I love your blog! Your bunnies are adorable. Can't wait to hear more stories from you and see more pictures.

my blog made two pages, woo ! i never expected it to be anything but me filling it with photos of my buns and idle ramblings...thank you everyone for commenting, i will do my best try and keep things interesting !

yes...engrish.com is an old favorite of mine too :p i thought about contributing someday, my friends and i see the most bizarre things all the time. there is a man in my area who i often see wearing a white shirt that says in big, black bold letters down the entire front 'WHAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR'. i always have a private chuckle when i see him. a week or so ago, my friend saw a guy getting off the train with a shirt that said 'i knew she was 16' on the back...he tried to get a picture but the man slipped away too fast. we are dying to know what the front of that shirt said...the best engrish in japan is written on clothing, hands down.

here is a photo my friend took quite some time ago, possibly almost a year now, of some cat food:

200904192123000.jpg

oh japan....

---

@wabbitdad- i love the coloring on caramel ! shushu definitely visits the same hair salon ;)

@helen- yeah i can't stand those horns either...there were some other foreigners in the bar with us (we think maybe from the UK) and one of them had one...he kept blowing it at really inopportune moments and it was SO annoying.

and since people requested more pictures, of course i took some ! here are a few i got of the ladies this morning. i haven't had many opportunities to take photos because it's been too hot during the day and i don't want them running around the house and risking overheating themselves but it's rather pleasant right now so i might get more later on today.

fuan-chan doing another bunny melt. the instant i put my hand on her head she just flops down onto the floor now. so precious, look at that face !

100701_10120001.jpg
100701_10130001.jpg

and ms shushu, looking to get up on the bed even though she knows she isn't allowed up there because sebastian is tired of washing pee stains out of his white comforter...:grumpy:

100701_09360001.jpg

sorry about the pile of bunny debris, i was sweeping up after cleaning the cages. and the orange is a stain on my floor that was there when i moved in...not a wayward bunny mess. ;) this is one of my favorite pictures of shushu i've taken, i think. the lighting turns her fur almost blue, i love the effect.

---

and as far as their breeds go (for both my bunnies) they were sold to me as fuzzy lops, however i do agree they look like they could be mixed or a different breed entirely. the only thing that makes me still lean towards them being AFLs is that japan is very strict with pet breeds, especially with dogs and cats. they ONLY sell purebred animals. (if the animal is mixed, it will say what two breeds, and the price of it will be substantially less than the other animals. i've only seen mixed breed dogs, however, not cats). of all the bunnies that i have seen come in, the only ones without a proper breed tag are called 'mini usagi' (literally 'mini rabbit'), but i am unsure of what kind of bunny this is, i will have to go and get a picture to illustrate what i mean. i don't think they are randomly mixed, though, as all the mini usagi have the same body and fur type, so someone is breeding them purposely. i will have to gather some pictures from the pet store's website to help my explanation.

i will make a thorough post about this later because it might be interesting to someone, but it should surely be a second entry since i'll end up writing out a novel if i tack it to the end of this one. i already have a habit of making excessively long posts !

Not sure if you mentioned it or not, but are both buns bonded? Asking b/c I don't see any pics of them together.

How long will you be studying in Japan? Are you planning to make it your permanent residence?

hln917 wrote:
Not sure if you mentioned it or not, but are both buns bonded? Asking b/c I don't see any pics of them together.

How long will you be studying in Japan? Are you planning to make it your permanent residence?
they are not bonded, but they tolerate each other's presence. i usually don't have them out in the house together because inevitably a pee war begins. but when i take them out for a walk, they hang out together just fine and there is no scuffling/humping/chasing. i think the unfamiliar environment helps with the civility. living in a one-room apartment makes it hard to get the girls together because each one has 'claimed' the space as her own.

i have about a half year or so left at my language school, and then i am applying to another university to finish my degree, so hopefully i can stretch four years out of that. right now, i consider japan 'home', and i don't plan on returning to the US. however after i finish my degree that might change. i really love living here though.

Latest posts

Back