Tokyo Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
はじめまして!
君の兎はほんとうにかわいい!
不安ちゃんは私のほんめい。。。 (Not sure if that word's right.. :p)
私の日本語は...いいじゃない。:expressionless
ごめんね~:pray:

I'll be watching your blog. Fuzzies are awesome. And my Japanese stinks. xD

ariusshadow wrote:
はじめまして!
君の兎はほんとうにかわいい!

はじめまして~
ありがとうね!僕のウサギもありがとうと言うw ☆
不安ちゃん一番好きだね? じゃあ。。もっと写真を取らなきゃww 
アリの日本語を読めるよ~ 大丈夫だよ ;)

hehe...

usawan wrote:
ariusshadow wrote:
はじめまして!
君の兎はほんとうにかわいい!

はじめまして~
ありがとうね!僕のウサギもありがとうと言うw ☆
アリの日本語を読めるよ~ 大丈夫だよ ;)

hehe...
Lol I only caught parts of it. :p I tried. :biggrin2:
Seriously, though, your white and blue bun is adorable.

ariusshadow wrote:
usawan wrote:
ariusshadow wrote:
はじめまして!
君の兎はほんとうにかわいい!

はじめまして~
ありがとうね!僕のウサギもありがとうと言うw ☆
アリの日本語を読めるよ~ 大丈夫だよ ;)

hehe...
Lol I only caught parts of it. :p I tried. :biggrin2:
Seriously, though, your white and blue bun is adorable.
lol, its ok. :p i just said that i must take more pictures, and that i could read your japanese fine so don't worry ;)

and thanks :biggrin2::hearts

blarg...i've had a rough past few days...got an infection in the lymph on the right side of my neck and had to go to a clinic for a round of penicillin tablets...but at least i can tell it's working because i can actually swallow again without being in immense pain. i almost got heat stroke wandering around to find the place, too.

and also...:rant: my new semester of school has started, however instead of starting on a monday like logical people would, i missed the first two days of class because it started on THURSDAY instead, so i missed thurs/friday class...what is with that ?? luckily nothing really important was covered, except i'm behind on kanji now after i slept all day yesterday after i got home from the clinic and didn't get to study for today's quiz. arg. gotta work double time tonight. i can already tell intermediate 2 level is going to kick my butt...

whew been a while since i did a photo post, it's been overcast and rainy lately so the light isn't so good for picture taking.

some of fuan-chan from this evening...

100706_16350003.jpg
100706_16320002.jpg
100706_16340001.jpg
100706_16350004.jpg

tried to get a 'scanning' sequence, ha.

100706_16360001.jpg
100706_16360002.jpg
100706_16340002.jpg

i had some of shushu but they came out too dark, so you get one from the other day that i forgot to put up

100703_14520001.jpg

i had another person tell me shushu looked like a dog in class today, haha.

off to make dinner and study now...arg just spilled water all over myself. pro move :expressionless

Haha I've had a lot of people tell me that my lop rabbits look like puppies - especially Ziggy.

Adorable pictures!

So sorry you haven't been feeling well. Believe me, I know the feeling, I've been sick for going on 2 weeks now and the 100* weather here isn't helping any either! I hope you're feeling better soon.

How do you type in Japanese on here? Do you have to download a special program or need a special keyboard or something? I'd love to be able to do that too, to get in more practice, but I'm not sure how.

The picture of Shushu does resemble a terrier dog. You should send the pic to your friends here in the state and tell them that's what a Japanese dog looks like!:biggrin2:

Glad you're feeling better.

Dragonrain wrote:
Haha I've had a lot of people tell me that my lop rabbits look like puppies - especially Ziggy.

Adorable pictures!

So sorry you haven't been feeling well. Believe me, I know the feeling, I've been sick for going on 2 weeks now and the 100* weather here isn't helping any either! I hope you're feeling better soon.

How do you type in Japanese on here? Do you have to download a special program or need a special keyboard or something? I'd love to be able to do that too, to get in more practice, but I'm not sure how.
oh, it's really easy ! every computer should come with the capacity to do this. i don't know if you have a PC or a MAC, but i have a PC, so here is how you do it that way -->

go to the [control panel], and go to the [clock, language, and region] section. under [keyboards and languages] select [change keyboards]. this will prompt you with [text services and input languages] window. your default language should be english, so leave that be. go to [add] it will give you the [add input language] window, and from there scroll down to JAPANESE. click on the little box to expand the options, and under [keyboard] check MICROSOFT IME. (i also have JAPANESE selected, but japanese keyboards are arranged differently, so you don't need to bother with it unless you want to!) then hit OK. and that's it ! the IME icon will show up in your system tray, there will be a little [EN] which shows that the type is set into ENGLISH. if you click that you can set it into japanese. you will need to be clicked into a text-box, or else it will swap you back to english by default. when you have it set to japanese, click the [A] and choose the HIRAGANA option, and then type away ! it takes a little getting used to, but i'm sure you will be fine :)

if you have a MAC, i'm sure googling 'typing in japanese on MAC OS (whatever)' will give you something useful ! let me know if it works out !

oh also, since it's a pain to swap back and forth all the time, i usually leave my computer set to japanese, and just select the [half-width alphanumeric] when i want to type in english :)

whew been a while since i've come around here to update...i've been terribly busy with class, and sleeping all day...and more class...even if i'm only in school about four hours a day, it's amazing how much STUFF we learn. i don't know how my brain is even holding all this in. oh i know...it ISN'T. i forgot some really simple kanji the other day, i think i'm getting to the point where there is no space left to put all this new grammar and kanji and vocabulary, and so i'm dumping out anything i can...pretty soon i will be forgetting things like my address and which way my pants go on.

lately the weather has been utterly dismal, it's rained nearly every day at least once since last week. today it has been clear skies, which is nice because i can't remember the last time the sky was blue and not a blanket of heavy rainclouds with water full in their bellies. the only downside is that today it has been REALLY hot. the tenkiyohou (weather report) says it was 31゜C of still, humid, dead heat in tokyo today (about 88゜F). at least the trains pump up the AC to the max...there is no reason for it to be so dang hot at 8:00am to the point where you start sweating the instant you try and walk anywhere.

today i went to kojima (my pet store) to get some supplies and jingly cat balls for the bunnies and take a gander at the fuzzies they have in, and i got to pet my first mini rex and saw my first netherland dwarf. rex fur is incredible ! i was scritching her nose through the bars of the cage while i looked at food and got my bunny weed (there are two cages set up against a jutting half-wall next to the small animal supply alcove- usually a bunny is kept in the top cage and the store's black chinchilla lives in the bottom one). she totally zoned out...it was really cute. they also have an orange mini usagi in (not yet for sale), i was standing there watching it clean its ears quite thoroughly...holy crap i nearly died it was so cute. there is an 'island' made of rows of hamster cages back to back, with the long glass cases for bunnies and ferrets at the end and the two axolotl tanks on a shelf adjacent to the bunny side, and in the bunny case they had the netherland dwarf (maybe it was some kind of otter coloring) and a fluffy white lionhead, who were also not yet for sale. two adorable marshall ferrets were in the ferret cage. not really my animal, but my friend has three path valleys. usually we stand on opposite sides of the 'island' and yammer about the ferrets and bunnies.
on the wall at the end of the store and beyond the 'island' they usually keep the hedgehogs/momongas (sugar glider)/etcetera bunnies and ferrets who are in quarantine or who don't have cage space elsewhere. there was a cute broken orange lop and a small brown bunny on the wall today, also not for sale. they did have a very disgruntled looking lop out though, he'd definitely win some disapproving bunny awards.

i have been wanting something small and caged lately...kojima currently has a hedgehog in (there is usually always one available) and i want him SO badly, but it costs the same to buy him that it does to buy a bunny (about 25,000yen for the hedgehog, almost 300$ with the current conversion rates). a LOT more than i want to be spending on another pet right now...the mini usagis always go for around 5,000yen (roughly 60$), but a marked breed will go for anywhere from 20,000-28,000yen (224-315$). shushu cost me close to 300$, and fuan-chan was around 250$ (since she was a month older than shushu when i bought her i got a discount). i always have a private chuckle when i read people saying they won't pay 20$ for a bunny and complain that is expensive...give me a break ! :rollseyes

maybe i should just get an axolotl or a hamster or one of the big stag beetles that they have in right now...

Are you planning on coming back stateside when you finish your classes? Pretty sure hedgehogs are restricted..? Not totally sure. Breed prices are nuts, aren't they? Doesn't seem fair to make such a steep profit on these little critters.

kirbyultra wrote:
Are you planning on coming back stateside when you finish your classes? Pretty sure hedgehogs are restricted..? Not totally sure. Breed prices are nuts, aren't they? Doesn't seem fair to make such a steep profit on these little critters.
yeah, i think they are restricted in the states now. which sucks ! they make really fun pets :(

not sure yet what i'm going to do...if i get accepted into the school i'm applying to then i definitely won't be going back to the US for at least another 3-4 years...after that i guess i will see how i feel by then ! but i'd really hate to get a pet and then have to worry about taking it back to CA...like if i had a MONKEY or something lol.

and i agree...pets cost too much money here ! it's so ridiculous...

nothing much interesting to report from today, so here's an omake (special bonus) picture for you guys...

100715_07520002.jpg
100715_07520001.jpg

shushu's eyes always fail to make an appearance in photos...

so when it's 23:00 and you can't sleep and don't feel like studying for tomorrow's kanji quiz, what do you do ?

you post pictures of your bunny in your blog. ;)

the afternoon was perfect for photographs but unfortunately it was also perfect for napping. guess which one i ended up doing...

100715_15240001.jpg
100715_15250002.jpg
100715_15350001.jpg
100715_15580001.jpg

i am convinced shushu is really just a very unfortunate looking strain of pomeranian, not a bunny. a pomeranian that was gene spliced with one of those fluffy balls that they affix to the top of snow hats. i'm sad she moved at the last second in the final picture...my camera phone's shutter moves at the speed of it doesn't.

tiny bunny feet underneath massive bunny fluff = :rofl:

tonyshuman wrote:
LOL she's definitely part Tribble.
omg totally made my morning...i laughed out loud when i read that. my mother agrees, she and i are big star trek fans :rofl: i might have to start calling her tribble-chan from now on.

it's so hot today...31゜C with 70% humidity.

kill me now.

oh here have some molt-chan picspam. she has been worrying me lately because she's been eating less than usual, but she seems no less genki (energetic) than normal. i'm hoping it's just the heat reducing her appetite...i push hay pretty hard because of the fluff and the fact that the buns are shedding like it's going out of style, and she's mowing through it pretty well so i'm not terribly fuan (ha !) about it yet.

100716_15360001.jpg

cactus butt-chan

100716_15410001.jpg
100716_15410002.jpg

eye-chan

100716_15550001.jpg
100716_15380001.jpg

nose-chan (and nose-chan + tribble-chan's hair gently gathering in all corners of my house)

100716_15390001.jpg

bath-chan

100716_15360002.jpg
100716_15370001.jpg

looking like a true fuan-chan

100716_15530002.jpg
100716_15540002.jpg

relax-chan

100716_15530001.jpg

nom-chan

Latest posts

Back