Thinking about adopting another kitty

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bambi Sunshine wrote:
....I would begin introductions between her and Marley, it wont be like a rabbit bonding and a lot quicker. There will be hissing and growling but give them time and you will be amazed at how quickly they learn to get along.
I've been reading up on kitty bonding and I want to do it "by the book" so I'm taking it SLOWLY. Plus, I'm a weenie and scared to death they'll hate each other!

Bambi Sunshine wrote:
I think she should have her own kitty blog!!
She has a "my space" of sorts on Catster:

http://www.catster.com/cats/559170

Aww! Sunny and Hobbes are on Catster, too! I'll have to have them say howdy to the beautiful Miss Belle when they check their accounts today. :D

She's wonderful, and going to really take reign of the house...given that she was so comfortable just going over and saying, "Ima drink outta their bowl...see how THEY like wondering who's on the other side of the door..." Hehe! I can just see her becomming queen of the house...overnight! Hehe...

I love her cute little meow, too...my Sunny's a big talker, too. And the tone changes per what she's trying to say. She'll try to say Mama with meows when she's looking for me, or she'll meow real sternly if she's upset that something didn't go "her way". It's really cute!

I'm happy to see her so comfortable walking around. Looks like she came out of that room like royalty! :) GOOD GIRL!!

And yes, you can see that she expects another kitty to walk around the corner any minute...but it's nice to see her so relaxed about it, being able to then meow and come up to you, and drink outta the bowl...such good signs! :)

She's so beautiful...:D

:pet:

Hey...all females are divas in their own right :biggrin2:I absolutely loved the way her tail was wagging...

I did have cats at some point but they were all related so I never had to deal w/the bonding thing. Is it that difficult for cats to bond? :ponder:

Good luck with the intros! Can't wait to hear more and see more pics!:weee:

Thumpers_Mom wrote:
I did have cats at some point but they were all related so I never had to deal w/the bonding thing. Is it that difficult for cats to bond? :ponder:
It can be, yeah. I've had some kitties FIGHT when they first met...and others just say, "Hey", and never have a problem. It really depends on the pair.

And in SnuggysMom's case, I think going slow is good. She's only had Marley for about five months now, so it's hard to tell what he'll react like (not to mention only having Bella a short while now). I think it depends on the human's comfortability, too...if she's calm, they'll be calmer. :)

383.gif

maherwoman wrote:
I love her cute little meow, too...my Sunny's a big talker, too. And the tone changes per what she's trying to say. She'll try to say Mama with meows when she's looking for me, or she'll meow real sternly if she's upset that something didn't go "her way". It's really cute!
Did I mention that she says, "hello" over and over like a human when she wants attention? I saw a cat doing that on you tube, but it freaked me out the first time Bella did it. It sounds like a person with a British accent saying, "hello, hello, hello...."

OH WOW!! That's so neat, Laura!! I'd love to hear it, if you can catch that on video...:D

I'll also work at catching Sunny's "Mama" meow on video...:D

Rosie, look on YouTube.com and search "cat says hello" and it will come up. (I don't have access at work, or I'd give you the link)

Bella sounds just like that cat.

Can't wait to hear Sunny-girl on tape!

Oh, I'll do that! Thanks! :)

I can't wait to show you...she's so cute...and can't wait to see your sweetie meowing!

Also, LOVE that video of Marley petting Penny...so adorable!! :D

I think [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1XtPlOIHxo]this[/ame] may be the one you mean. (I know you can't view it right now, but thought I'd post it for you to check out later.)

:biggrin2:

Rosie, it's this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV71mpbvl-g&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV71mpbvl-g&feature=related[/ame]

Oh my gosh, that talking cat was creepy! Neat, though.
Missy came rushing in and jumped on my monitor desperatly seeking that cat, lol. Even the dogs didn't like that video.
My bridge kitty, Bones, used to go "helloo? hellooo?" at night, scared the crap outta me the first time I heard him! Missy does it sometimes, but her's sounds like a meow like it's supposed to, lol!

Congrats on adopting Bella, I'm sure her and Marley will get along great!
We'll add you on catster!

~Diana

:magicwand:

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

I just couldn't wait any longer!!!

:biggrin2:

They're not in love yet, but there was no fighting, only a couple of hisses, then they pretty much ignoredeach other.

Your new kitty is gorgeous! Do you mnd if I put your cats 2nd on my theft list? First I have to go to CA to steal Rosie's cats and thenI will swing by your place.

I am so happy for you and the kitties. Your new girl has a wonderful life ahead of her.

What?! MY kitties?! :shock2:

Oh, that's right...you don't realize how much of a guard kitty Hobbes is ...haha...yeah...um...not much of one, that is!! He looks all tough, and patrols...but ONE KNOCK on that front door, and he's like this: :hiding:
While Mama's like this: :sigh: and :laugh:

But Mama'll be waitin' behind the couch for ya...so WATCH OUT!!

:sofa: And here's Em: :ph34r2

HEHE!!

seniorcats wrote:
Your new kitty is gorgeous!
Thank you!

seniorcats wrote:
Do you mnd if I put your cats 2nd on my theft list? First I have to go to CA to steal Rosie's cats and thenI will swing by your place.
Well, I know they'd probably have the best life a kitty could have with you, but I'd kinda like to keep them myself if you don't mind!

:p

Have you looked into getting pet health insurance? I'd consider it and wanted to bring it up... as a multiple pet owner without insurance on my animals that just had a bomb dropped on me about the health of one of my dogs.

I really could have used pet insurance earlier this year. I had one rabbit with all sorts ofcomplications from E.C. and one with cancer.Theirtreatmentgot really expensive.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to look into it.

Latest posts

Back