The world according to Herman, and Winnie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, winnie rarely does anything that can't be classified as 'cute' or 'adorable'

and i have come to the conclusion that there is no other way to livelife other then being a bunny slave. . . i just wish my poor plantsdidn't have to suffer. . .

i am suprized he went after this one, my last one he attacked gave hima little bit of an upset tummy for a day. . . i thought he would havesworn off katie's plants, but i guess i was wrong. . .

BTW all plants are now officially out of herman's reach. . . we did ahouse sweep to make sure, as we have A LOT of houseplants. . .

katt wrote:
andthere i am yelling at them when herman jumps down runs up to me anddecides that kisses will fix all problems and showers me with bunnykisses. . . and gosh darn it, i forgave the little beast. . .

can you say "bunny slave"? because i know that secretly they do to each other behind my back.
haha. they are so smart!

how can you not forgive those sweet innocent faces?

And Ive always said that if aliens are watching us and our animals (uscleaning up their poop, feeding them, grooming them) they will thinkthe animals are the higher beings :)

well, i was thinking it was time to update this blog. . .

i seem to be working A LOT right now, so i don't have very many photos!

first, can i get a mod to change my title again????? i want to add izabelle to it. . . could just just make it cute like "the world according to herman, winnie, and Izabelle"?

so first a little update on my life. my sister is getting married 7-7-07. . . that is in 2 days, and so everything has been about the wedding. my other sister finds out the sex of the baby in 1 week, i am currently working to many hours to count. and all the while i am dealing with all the rabbits and their problems! i have been busy!!!!

first a herman fix for ya'll!

july_5-3.jpg

look at that cute bunny butt!!!!

july_5-4.jpg

i don't have any new photos of winnie. . . but i do have some of izabelle!

july_5-7.jpg

july_5-6.jpg

can you see her wavy coat???? it almost looks like ripples. . . she is getting it even more on her tummy and hind legs. she has molted out the curls on her chest, but i can't tell if it will be wavy as well!

july_5-5.jpg

and here is one so everyone can see just how small of a rabbit she is. she is standing on a 12 inch X 12 inch tile. . .

july_5-8.jpg

I love this bunny! :inlove:

She's looking pretty good! (That last pic gave me a heart attack, I thought she was standing on her head!) :shock2:

sas :biggrin2:

well, i am trying to get izabelle caught up to herman and winnie in the photo department. . .

hope you enjoy!

"hey mom, what is over there?"

100_1882.jpg

action shots:

100_1878.jpg

100_1867.jpg

100_1880.jpg

cute shot of the night:

100_1896.jpg

and some sleepy photos:

100_1903.jpg

100_1904.jpg

100_1894.jpg

and because a blog post without a herman fix is unknown. . . here is my boy:

100_1815.jpg

100_1816.jpg

Pipp wrote:
She's looking pretty good! (That last pic gave me a heart attack, I thought she was standing on her head!) :shock2:

sas :biggrin2:

That is hilarious! But so true!

Poor baby, she really needed someone like you.

hmm. . . let me think about her age. . .

i know that i picked may 1st (may day) as her birthday, but i remember it being off (it would make her older then what she is). . . i would say she is around 10 weeks. . . i think. . . i would have to give that a lot of thought and look at my calender. . .

and i don't know about cute. . . she is rather hairless looking right now. . . (it seems to come and go with mini molts). . . but she is a sweetheart!

night!

a bunny update without any photos (sorry, i have some to post, but none uploaded yet)

herman still has an ear infection, we are flushing both ears every day, and medication drops 3 times a day.

winnie is still in perfect health *knocks on wood*

izabelle is no longer sneezing/weezing, ect. . . so that is good, but she is yet to grow fur back on her face and back, and isn't putting weight on, we have put her back on nutri-cal, and i really want to put her on alfalfa hay instead of timothy, but her urine has so much calcium in it already, i hate to add more. she seems to simply not be thriving. . . she isn't growing AT ALL. we don't know what to do, or why it is happening. right now, we are thinking it might be genetic. . . like maybe her parents were brother and sister, and she just got screwed genetically. . .

my roommates rabbit zooka is no longer living with us. she was so unhappy here, that she went to spend a few days with a couple that were looking for a rabbit just to see how things went, if she liked them, if they liked her. well, apparently zooka loves them, she isn't grunting or biting, or lunging, she is playing and seems happy, so it looks like it might be a forever move. we don't know why zooka hated living here, but she really did. she hated everything about us (she wouldn't even eat veggies if i gave them to her). we are giving it a few weeks before it is made official.

my roommate has another rabbit that lives at her parents house, a big boy bunny. lou was going to come live with us at the end of the summer, but he might be moving in sooner then that now.

on a sad note, that isn't about rabbits, my hamster olga passed away about 1 week ago. of completely unknown causes. we were very sad here, but just remember that we gave her a few months of bliss. she spoiled completely here and we know that while she lived with us she loved her life. we will not be replacing her. . . so if anyone wants a hamster cage. . . you are welcome to it.

that is it on the animal end! just thought i haven't been on very much lately, and wanted to update everyone on everything!

I am so sorry about Olga.

Great pics! Herman and Winnie are looking beautiful as usual!

I love this one:

100_2135.jpg

Gorgeous!

PS. let me know if you want me to change the title of your blog at all :(

Great pics! Herman and Winnie are looking beautiful as usual!

I love this one:

100_2135.jpg

Gorgeous!

PS. let me know if you want me to change the title of your blog at all :(

thanks haley

i am not ready yet to change the blog title, i was thinking about that earlier. . . still a little raw about izabelle. . .

but i will let you know when i am ready, thanks.

and yes, that is one of my favorite photos from the group as well!

Perfecr Herman.

well, i figured i would update ya'll, as i haven't been posting very often.

sadly no photos tonight of the buns. . . although they send bunny kisses to you all.

herman's ear infection is back, yet again. i think that the drops and flushing worked last time, but we didn't get it all gone, so now ithas reappeared. he was shaking his head yesterday so i peeked in there (with the $10 god-send ear/nose/throat baby scope i bought at walgreens. . . everyone should have one in their bunny first aid kit. . .)and sure enought it is red, and filled with puss. i am calling the vet tomorrow, and talking with him. hopefully getting herman in theirthis week.i would like to give the routine that we just had him on another shot as i think that it worked (in comparision to the last ear drops we used which did nothing). . . he is also thin. i wonder if rabbits feel their owner's stress and react to it. . . herman's weight has also been on the low side. . . never was a problem, but it tends to yo-yo even more when i notice that i am under a lot of stress. . . i wonder if i am just looking into things to much???

my mom wants me to ask about some kind of powder i could use to keep the inside of his ears dry (my parent's dog gets minor ear infections often from moisture building up in his ears). . . i am going to ask, it is worth a shot of at least asking.

we are down to the 2 rabbits, and it is staying that way. my roommate doesn't have the time to work with lou on house-training and such, and i have my hands full as it is with mine. winnie and herman take up all our time. . .

i think herman and winnie need to socialize with other people besides myself and jessica. the other night we had some friends over for dinner, and i made the mistake of a) locking the rabbits up and b) not introducing the people to the rabbits. . . it was okay when it was just 2 other girls, but when our friend brandon peeked into my room to see the buns (and get a tour of the house) herman and winnie were very unhappy. . . i guess they were just trying to protect me!

i feel very guilty as my rabbits are being caged more and more right now. i have had sooo much going on in my life, that when i finally get home, i just eat something and fall asleep. i have been working well over 40 hours a week, and normally for 10 days in a row. . . and my meds for my anxiety attacks has been really messing my system up. they haven't slept out of their cage in ages, and sometimes go the entire day without any run-around time. i am sure once i get a chance to breath at work, and get my meds all figured out (hopefully before i lose my insurance in september) that all will be fine.

my sister is due in 2 months (almost to the day). .. and i am well beyond excited! my other sister just got back all her wedding photos and i get to see them this week when i go have her cut my hair!

so there is an update.. . feeling slightly overworked, slightly stressed, and majorly wishing herman was all better.

till the next time (and i promise photos next time)

ps- haley (or any other mods) i am ready for my title to change.. . .to whatever. . . it really could say Herman and Winnie. . . or if you want to get creative. . . have at it!

*hugs*

Stress is no fun. Hope things mellow out for you alittle.

Latest posts

Back