The world according to Herman, and Winnie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
since herman and winnie are back, i thought i would start a new blog for them.

to see their old thread:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=13789&forum_id=6

and to see their story of why they are back (in order from finding anew home, to when problems started to happen, to them comming home):

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16937&forum_id=7

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=17761&forum_id=1

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=17838&forum_id=7

with all that out of the way. . .it is photo time!

so, here are some photos from the trip home:

100_0541-1.jpg
100_0543-1.jpg

100_0546-1.jpg
100_0547.jpg

100_0544-2.jpg
100_0545-2.jpg

winniestayed rather hidden, she tucked herself right intojessica, so no real photos of her. the last photo ofhermanyou can see just how skinny he is. . .we think it is amix of stress from moving around and depression from not being at homehere that made him lose the weight. . .

so things were kinda different when they got home. . .

same cat that always seemed to be hogging all the attention with his cuteness:

100_0528.jpg
100_0529.jpg

but some things were different, like a new friend. thefantailed goldfish named Norbert:

100_0514.jpg
100_0512.jpg

*don't worry, norbert was in the fish bowl for under 24 hours, i gothim last minute when i fell in love with the little guy and my fishtankwasn't setup when i got home. . .he now has a 10 gall. all to himselfcomplete with heater and filterand lots of plants to hide in*

but being back home is nice:

100_0552-1.jpg
100_0557.jpg

100_0558.jpg
100_0562.jpg

100_0551.jpg
100_0549.jpg
100_0555.jpg

100_0556.jpg
100_0560.jpg

100_0561.jpg
100_0554-1.jpg

because a cage is not home, untill 1/2 the pellets are on the ground!

and finally, one last one of their cage right now (there are still manythings like toys and boxes to add, along with the top to keep therabbits in the cage, but for tonight it will have to work as i amsleepy!)

100_0548.jpg

Oh my gosh he is so skinny! That poor baby! I amglad you have them back. It is obvious they belong with you. I'm sureyou will do a wonderful job getting the weight back on him.

yes, he is very skinny, but i don't think hewill be for long, the rabbit is currently laying by his food dish andnibbles here and there. . .so soon, he will be back to he normal weight

aww they look so happy to be home!

Im sure he'll put the weight back on now that hes home. Theyve been through a lot of changes and Im sure thats why.

Any spraying yet or is he being good?

no spraying at all. . .hopefully it stays that way!

day 2 update

well, herman and winnie are back, and in many parts the same rabbitsthat left. they are different in some ways. . .both really stay in thecage when i leave the door open, only comming out for quick runs aroundbefore returning. . .i think that i need a bonding session with themand am picking up some of their fav herbs and veggies tonight and weare going to have a good cuddle time on my bed i think. . . hermancomes out more then winnie (which was always the case), and runs up tome for nose rubs before dashing back to winnie and the cage. . .winniewill venture out untill i make eye contact with her then books it tothe litter box (the safest place on earth to her). . . herman has beeneating almost constantly since he got home and is looking much better.. .he is enjoying the oats i have been giving him and both rabbits arepeeing in the box, although spreading poops to china and back (when iquestioned them on it, they both looked at me like "well, lady, what doyou expect? you sent us away and now that we are back our space doesn'tsmell like us. . .you caused this problem!"

anyway, photos comming tonight!

katie

update time!

well, herman and winnie are very happy. . .and so am i!!! my roommateand i *think* we found an apartment that will allow them!!!!!! we arenot sure if we qualify. . .they are rather stricked with who comes in.. .and they are rather expensive. . .we couldn't afford it before, soit was out of the question, but they are running a special that makesthe rent a lot less. . .we are going to check it out sat.!

100_0593-1.jpg
100_0592.jpg

100_0602.jpg
100_0569.jpg

100_0581.jpg
100_0579-1.jpg

100_0601.jpg

this is my fav. photo of winnie. . .she is so camera shy that i neverget anything good. . .but i snapped this cute photo before she realizedwhat i did!

and here are updated photos of the bunny room!

100_0565.jpg

100_0566.jpg

100_0564.jpg

Im so glad things are working out for you guys,Katie. I really think they are meant to be with you. They justlook so happy!

just a couple more photos!

100_0631-1.jpg
100_0632.jpg

look at herman's crazy eye! i showed him this photo and he thinks it makes him look scary. . .

100_0633.jpg
100_0635.jpg

and winnie looking cute as always!

haley- herman says "thank you, i am adorable, but feel free to continue to tell me"

no pics of the buns tonight, they are being bad little bunnies. . .theygot under my brother's bed(there is a hole in the underside of it) andbegan to dig at it (i think in an attempt to make the hole larger). ..when i went to go chase them out (with a broom, as i could not reachthem) herman came right out, but winnie decided to get angry and beganbeating the broom up. . . we had to end up lifting the bed off theframe to get her out. . .

. . .now they are being little terrors in my room. . .herman justtipped over a CLEAN basket of laundry and winnie is chasing the cat. . .

but i did find a old photo of my brother's old rabbit (he got a rabbitwhen i got my first rabbit, trixie, ace was a bit older when we gothim, and ended is life as a wonderfull houserabbit that still went torabbit shows with a little girl downstate)

ace.jpg

i think he looks majestic in this pick. . .

so the rabbits were out and i couldn't findwinnie anywere. . .kept looking and looking, so finally i gave up andwent to go lay on my bed, then i started to hear this movement. . .took a closer look and there she was! getting a little quiet time awayfrom herman. . .so i grabed the camera and snapped some photos. . .

100_0646.jpg
100_0648.jpg

100_0650.jpg
100_0668.jpg

100_0662.jpg
100_0661.jpg

100_0664.jpg
100_0665.jpg

She looks so comfy on your bed! Doesshe ever potty on it? Bo is HORRIBLE about going pee on mybed. I just don't even let him on it now since he does thateach and every time!

honestly tho, I think he's claiming me/my spot cause he doesn't do it to my hubby's side of the bed.

in winnie's world, my bed is HER bed. . .she would sleep with me at night if i let her.

i think that winnie feels that it is beneath her to pee anywere but herbox, but she does leave a random poop once in a great while. . .notnormally on the bed though. . . i normally just shake out my beddingand remake my bed after they have been on it, just to be safe. . .;)

my old rabbit, trixie, peed on my bed ALL the time.. .whenever i would tell her no, or make her mad she would jump on my bed,look at me with a firery look and proceed to pee. . .i was constatlywashing my bedding. . .

katie

thank kawaii, he is rather adorable, and fullyknows it. . . english lops can be harder to find because they need alittle more care then your normal eared rabbit, or even another lop. ..they can't be housed outside in winter, they get nicks in their earsand that can cause problems (i just had to completely clean hermansears as when he was gone, he nicked them up and as a result there werea couple little abcess like areas. . .he has 2 bigger ones that i amwaiting to see if they calm down or need to be seen by a vet), theyneed their ears kept clean, their nails must be kept trim. . .

but they are worth it. . .

i got a couple cuddle bunny moments with winnie and herman tonight. . .every time i see them cuddled in their cage or while out playing, isneak for my camera, but whenever i get close, the dash apart likesecret lovers or something. . .but tonight i got em'!

100_0681.jpg

look at herman's ear around winnie. . .he he he, it was so cute. . .itried so hard not to giggle when i saw it (because laugh would causeherman to move and i wanted a shot with the ear. . .)

and then winnie saw that she had been caught in the act of gettin' somecuddle-bun lovin' and had to hide her face from the camera. andnaturally if there is noplace else to hide, then why not under theclosest rabbit!

100_0682.jpg

he he he. . .herman finally forgave me for taking him to the vet and decided to look cute:

100_0692.jpg

winnie on the otherhand just gave me a "what?!? i am busy here!" look.

100_0708.jpg

Latest posts

Back