The Trio's Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's the videos:

Spice's attempt at escaping before he got tired because the ground's still frozen:
http://video.freevideoblog.com/player.aspx?fileid=CA316B54-3021-4FA5-ABF6-6E5247E567D5

If you watch this one closely, you'll see that Spice doesahead toss and runs away. It's his little game he plays with me EVERYtime I go up to him. It's as if he's saying, "neener neener neener, youcan't catch me!"
http://video.freevideoblog.com/player.aspx?fileid=7DFA0431-FFD6-4411-B1D3-29C4593BAE7E

And the first video of Spice binkying:
http://video.freevideoblog.com/player.aspx?fileid=1EC6C04A-7112-4C89-B10F-1714A872D020

Yes, all 3 live entirely outside. I've brought Mocha and Spice in occasionally but they HATE it inside.

Great airtime!

flyingspice.jpg

Thanks, I love those pictures too. It's hard toget photos of him binkying because he only ever does one or two andthen is all binkied out. He was showing off for everyone. ;)

:great: Those Video's are precious!

Excellent job getting it caught on film, MBB and Jordiwes! :thanks:

Love the picture! He reminds me of the rabbit in that stupid move, Monty Python's The Holy Grail.

-Carolyn

I hope to have some of Mocha posted tomorrowevening! Then prepare for lots over Christmas break, I'll have nothingbetter to do (and as if I'm going to spend 2 weeks studying! ;)).

I weighed Zoey today and she's 3 lbs 10 oz (3.63 lbs) at 5 months and12 days. It looks like the breeder will be right, she will be around 4lbs!

Bumping this up so maybe I remember to post new pictures in it later today.;)

I'm just moving all the new bonding pictureshere instead of posting in the other post so I can keep track of wherethey all are. ;)I had the 3rd bonding session today and Icould not have been more thrilled at how well they get on! Tons ofgrooming again from both rabbits, actually, all they did was groomeachother. I plan to movetheir bonding sessionstothe outside run this weekend as long as all keeps going well.

Zoey caught in the act! She's grooming him.
3bonding1.jpg

3bonding2.jpg

3bonding3.jpg

Do not ask me why she insisted on squishing in between my leg and Mocha.
3bonding4.jpg

3bonding5.jpg

3bonding6.jpg

3bonding7.jpg

I thought this picture was amusing.:D
3bonding8.jpg

Could they get any closer? I think not.
3bonding12.jpg

Ooooh! Bunny tongue!
3bonding9.jpg

3bonding11.jpg

Size comparison -- keep in mind, Zoey is a 4.5 lb - 4.75 lb Holland Lop.
3bonding10.jpg

And this is the only one I got of Spice today, I guess he was mad at Mocha for fraternizing with the enemy -- AKA Zoey.
spicejune.jpg

But just so he doesn't get left out, these are some from a few weeks ago.

spicenewrun6.jpg

spicenewrun4.jpg

spicecome.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

Ok, so I didn't plan to move the bondingoutdoors until the weekend but my bunnies have been evicted from theirindoor bonding area and I don't have anything that I can make atemporary run with. So I tried them outside in the run today and itwent good.

There was some biting and chasing on Mocha's behalf because Zoey wasjust so happy to be out that she would rather run around and binky thangroom Mocha. When I first put them in they just ignored each other andwent off running around the run and exploring. Even the chasing wasminor, all it took was a squirt to Mocha's head and he backed offimmediately. He even groomed Zoey a few times but he got a little roughon her back near her butt and she took off.

The best sign I think was that when the dog came over to investigate,Zoey ran to Mocha as if he'd protect her. They also were comfortable toflop right over and expose their bellies to each other. I think thebiggest issue is going to be over a few choice spots the bunnies liketo sit/lay.

Of course it was the one time I didn't have the camera and could have had the cutest picture of them flopped over.

I'll try to remember my camera tomorrow! Since it went so well, I planto continue bonding them outside in the run for at least 2 weeks. I'mgoing to gradually work up to 6 hours together before I put them intothe hutch for bonding sessions. I hope to have them housed together bythe middle of July.

P.S.- Anyone who's thinking of bonding rabbits, DO NOT plan to do itduring the last month of school. :?I've been so swamped withexams that finding time to bond them is nearly impossible -- lessonlearned.

:bunnyheart What loves! Especially Mocha- he wants his attention now, thank you!

Is the run non-neutral territory? It sounds like it's going really well. Congrats!

I've given up on Spice, he's unbondable! Heattacks Zoey for every little thing. He gets on ok with Mocha but Ibelieve that's only because Mocha's been here since before Spice andthey were bonded at one time. I'm still not brave enough to put Mochaand Spice together again and after how agressive I've seen Spice geteven being the same vicinity as Zoey, I'm not risking it! Maybe onceMocha and Zoey are bonded and Zoey calms down and Spice ages some more,I'll try again but that wont be for a while!

They've all been in the run but always atdifferent times so I guess that makes it non-neutral, doesn't it? Theyall seem to think they own it.;)

I almost forgot to post these!

This was my second bonding session for Mocha and Zoey in the outside run and it's going so well! The only problem I had was Mocha has one particular spot that is ALL his, he nips Zoey to get her to move but never does anything more than that.

Do not ask my why she insisted on sticking her head between Mocha and the pipe.
outsidemz1.jpg

outsidemz2.jpg

outsidemz3.jpg

outsidemz4.jpg

This is my favorite picture!
outsidemz5.jpg

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the hutch... Mr. Grump Face :lol:
outsidemz6.jpg

outsidemz7.jpg

Copy-rabbit? (Uppy ears just like Mocha?)
outsidemz8.jpg

"Excuse me... but your in my spot..." This is the only spot he will nip Zoey to get her to move. :disgust:
outsidemz9.jpg

zoey1.jpg

zoey2.jpg

mocha1.jpg

Videos anyone?

This one is funny, watch how it's like a chain reaction.
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/mybabybunnies/?action=view&current=videochainreaction.flv

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/mybabybunnies/Bonding/?action=view&current=videos15.flv

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/mybabybunnies/Bonding/?action=view&current=videos8.flv

The roll... in slow motion...
mocharoll.jpg

mocharoll2.jpg

Latest posts

Back