The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, a new supply of food has arrived for them from the UK so they´ve got enough to last them for the next 3 or 4 months. Cost me more this time as they´ve stopped sending stuff free so had to pay the postage but I don't want to have to change their food again as they love the stuff they eat right now. So, I have a house full of stuff for them between the food, pellets and hay, I really do need a spare room for them and all their things lol.

Another lovely sunny morning, must admit that I always feel better in the summer with all this light and the sun shining. We sat out yesterday as the sun was going down and it was lovely to watch and such a great temperature.

Not working today so we are going to take it easy and have a trip towards Malaga and just enjoy wandering round the shops, I can also look for the netting for the balcony for the boys so that I can let them out for a run out there and we´ll have lunch out today as well.

Happy Friday to all !!!!

It sounds like you're going to have a good day today! Its already late in the day there for you now, since its mid morning here. So I guess I should say that it sounds like you guys had a great day!

I know what you mean about needing a spare room for the animals. You only have the buns, I have cats and dog and chickens. So they all come with a lot of food and junk. I need a huge walk in closet for all their stuff.

Hope you had a good day!

I wish Lily and Houdini could be friends! Today i was on my laptop when i heard a little scuttering and i turned to find that Lily had somehow gotten herself up onto the table top. She couldn't get down after that and i had to come to her rescue! Haha, it's funny what bunnies get themselves into sometimes.

I like the 70 degree days we've been getting where its not too cool and not too hot. Its a nice temperature right now. Glad you are enjoying the summer. :)

I'm sure the boys will love to run around on the balcony. :)

Tried to post yesterday but my computer is not co-operating.

So here goes. A busy weekend working and was exhausted by last night. Found a wasps nest in a chair at one of the apartments and had to get rid of that which for me is really stressful as they terrify me. They had built a nest underneath a garden chair which was on the apartment terrace and I ended up throwing the chair over the balcony (first floor), made sure I wouldn´t hurt anyone or damage anything else but then I was paranoid about them returning. Amazing how our imaginations run away with us.

The boys have new flooring which we bought on Saturday. It´s the foam tiles which fit together and although they´ve had a nibble outside on the jagged bits, the inside is still intact...let´s see how long it lasts.

Friday didn´t go as planned with our visit to the tax office taking over 2 hours so we never got to Malaga but we had a great night at the karaoke with some friends who we haven´t seen in a long time so it ended well.

Started a busy week and hope I get a rest at some time, Thursday looks good but something always crops up.

Few photos of the boys lazing about:

Here´s the new floor, I was going to cut off the jagged edges but thought I´d leave them as if they want to nibble, would prefer them to nibble them lol

Here´s Snowy enjoying his new tunnel

Snowy looks to be enjoying the tunnel behind the couch! He's got such a sweet little face.
The floor looks cool, but Ellie would eat that in no time flat. haha.

I don't like wasps either. They're so aggressive and I hate being stung by anything. At least you got rid of them.
Going to karaoke sounds pretty fun, I bet you guys had a blast!

It's so great you are close with your mom like that and that you still have fun together.

I like the flooring but know none of the buns here would let it be.

As I said, not sure how long it will last, those little teeth have been nibbling the jagged edges already but I am determined, the interior will stay intact...watch this space lol.

Have to make the time we spend together great for both of us as she´s not getting any younger and who knows how long she´ll be able to continue to come over here and spend time. I am packing in as many memories as I can for both of us. She´ll be 87 this year and although her health in general is good, her memory is absolutely terrible. We went shopping yesterday for a few things in the supermarket down the road from me. I picked up some greens for the boys, some milk, mushrooms, bread and a few other things and some bananas which mom was carrying. When we´d paid at the till and were walking out, I was moaning about how they put one price in the store and then overcharge you as it´s coming up on the till as something else but as it was only a few cents, I couldn't be bothered to go back in. Then mom says "did they charge you for the bananas"...yes, she hadn´t put them on the conveyor belt and walked through with them hanging over her arm...I laughed so much.

My friend Moses does the karaoke so I do go now and again and have my songs which I can sing fairly well. My mom sings as well, her fave is "the wonder of you" by Elvis and she does really well. Of course, everyone cheers her, amazing what age can do. But she does enjoy it and last week, one of my friends was there and she loves to talk so she had a great time. Must download the photos and put a couple on here.

All the boys were out together again tonight. I laugh at Houdini and Snowy as they jump over each other, it is so comical. I didn´t have my camera so missed the video but will be letting them all out together again tomorrow. I think that they are finally getting back to normal, it´s been a long haul.

By the way, I bet Houdini could teach Lily a few tricks, he´s Mr Trouble himself lol.

I'm so glad your boys are doing well together now. I'm sure that's a relief for you. It did take quite a while, didn't it. I guess better late than never. Stubborn little buns :)

That's so nice your having a nice time with your mom. That's funny about the bananas. I could see that happening with me, but unfortunately I don't have old age as an excuse.

Jenny, it´s seems like sooo long but they´ve had some days out together where they end up getting a bit hyper with each other which leads to nippiness and fur flying but other times they seem to be much better. Today, they chased and circled but no real aggression and there were a few times when they stretched out close together which is a really good sign. I tend to think sometimes that they can´t live with each other but they can´t live without each other either. They just have to find a happy medium. I will be letting them out together again tomorrow and keeping my eye on them but, fingers crossed, they´ll be ok.

I do laugh with her sometimes, she though my computer mouse which is on the coffee table in the living room as I use it for the TV, was a torch, probably the red light on the underneath. When I told her it was a mouse, she said it didn´t look like one...what do you do, technology is definitely not her thing lol.

Yeah, my mom's the same way about this new fangled technology. She hates it. She's about 75, and we've been trying to get her to switch to a smartphone, but no go. I think she finds new technology a bit intimidating and confusing.

We gave up trying to get mom to use a mobile years ago. She used to hear a message coming in and try and answer the phone and now, she couldn´t hear it anyway lol. When I think about how many new things have appeared and how much things have changed since she was a girl, I´m not surprised that it´s all a bit too much at times.

Funny, buns. Hopefully they wont nibble that whole piece of wood to hard. Snowy seems to really be enjoying his tunnel, I bet Ash would like a tunnel like that. I can see him running around through the tunnel right now.

Good thing you are getting to spend time with your mom. Funny about the bananas. I usually don't forget things like that but than again I am a lot younger than her.

Another very hot day and boys have been very quiet even when out. Snowy has been sitting on the sofa with mam all afternoon, he seemed really happy in his little corner and jumped on her a couple of times trying to groom her nose, he is just such a cute little bun.

They are still having a little nibble outside but the floor inside is still good, I am so crossing my fingers that it lasts as it will be so much easier to clean.

Been watching the news today about the terrible train crash in the north of Spain with over 80 people killed. Watching the footage of the train derailing, you do realise that life can change in seconds and we should enjoy every single minute with those we love. Thoughts with all those who lost someone.

We were going to go to the cinema yesterday afternoon to see Despicable Me 2 but when we got home, mom promptly fell asleep on the sofa so I didn´t have the heart to wake her up and left her there and we didn´t go, next week maybe.

Well, I am so excited today, I´ve just heard Wendell´s coming to visit Spain, I´ll have to think of lots of exciting things for him to do and take loads of pictures. Trying to explain to my mom that a crocheted bunny is coming to visit has been quite hard even though I showed her the photos.

A few pics I downloaded at the weekend of the boys relaxing, nothing exciting but they are sometimes just so funny:

Here´s Snowy relaxing under the TV unit

I just love this one of Snowy and Bandy, they are just so white haha.

Saw this on facebook the other day, I want all my tomatoes to look like this

Couldn´t forget Houdini

Houdini is so cute, cleaning his wittle face! He's so adorable. Snowy and Bandy are really white!

Maybe your mom will understand when Wendell gets there. LOL. I bet it would be hard to explain to people.

I know, I´m sure most people will think I´m nuts carrying this crocheted bunny about and taking photos. I´m going to try and contact the local press to see if they would be interested in running a story on him, that would be totally awesome to see him in the press. I can´t wait for him to arrive, he´ll be having his own adventures here in Spain. I do hope more people sign up to host him, I just think it´s great.

Houdini is a little rascal but such a lovable one. All boys have been out today all afternoon and there´s been a bit of playful scuffling but nothing serious and I get a bit nervous when everything is so quiet. I bought a baby gate today for the door out on to the balcony so they can see out and it´s easier to go in and out instead of having the board there. However, it won´t close so I´m taking it back tomorrow to change it. I also want to get the netting this week to cover the balcony rails so I can let them out there. It is so nice and cool in the evening and i¨m sure they´d love it. I´ll take photos when I get it all sorted.

Snowy and Bandy and Houdini are so cute! I love them! Love Houdini cleaning his little paws and Snowys feet sticking out, lol.

I bet you can't wait for Wendell to get there. Yes, bet she'll understand when Wendell gets there, lol.

Countdown to Wendell´s arrival, I can´t wait.

Just noticed that Houdini has a tear in his ear. Not sure how he´s done it as although him and Snowy face off time to time, if he´d been bitten there´d be blood but it´s a clean tear. I had one of the sides of their enclosure behind the sofa and I´m wondering if he´s been chasing through there and caught himself on it. I´ll keep my eye on him but it doesn´t look sore and it´s not bothering him.

Just thought I´d post a pic of Houdini´s torn ear...don´t think I should worry ??

Latest posts

Back