The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to feel panicked especially when I'm home alone. First time for having to hide in the closet though. I would feel so much better if I had a basement.

I wish I was someones pet bun. At least those on here, they have it made and such comfy lives.

Haha Denise, I always said I wouldn't mind being a dog but as long as I was the owner or one of my friends...good food, lots of walkies, live like a king. I agree, wouldn't mind being a bun as long as one of us was the owner. Does make me think of so many animals abandoned, mistreated and killed. I was reading on facebook today about a woman who microwaved her kitchen who'd tried to eat the goldfish. Upset me all day as I scrolled down and saw the picture. That poor little kitty and how sick are some people.

I have heard too man horror stories myself. I can kind of understand some people that don't take care of pets the way we do as some people don't see animals as pets the way we do but I just can not understand those that are cruel.

Denise have been over and posted the photos on yours, there are some great houses, ramps, hay racks and enclosures. I wish I had someone who could work with wood, there are some great ideas.

I too realise that not everyone treats their pets like we do, everyone does what they can and what they can afford to do but just taking on an animal implies some responsibility to keep it safe and well cared for. I just do not understand how anyone could put a small kitten in a microwave and put it on for 5 minutes and stand and watch it suffer. I was absolutely horrified and so upset thinking how that poor baby suffered. I see photos everyday of animal cruelty, heck we see cases everyday of child cruelty. How can people live with themselves.

Great, from here I'll go check it out.

I don't understand it myself. I think they need to make the laws against it stronger and the punishment steeper because I don't think someone can be right and still do something like that. At the same time though I know too many Child Protective Service off ices that are just terrible at their jobs.

Oh my, poor poor kitty. That made me tear up. I actually had to quit my job at the SPCA after working there for years, I couldn't stand to see animals suffering anymore.

The weather has been so weird lately. It was 50 here over the weekend....heat wave! Sending safe thoughts to anyone who needs them.. ..tornados scare the tar out of me.

I don't think I could work at a rescue, sure that some of the animals coming in would break my heart.

Have video which I'll have to upload on youtube but here are the boys nomming on their veggies.

1393276004711.jpg

1393276045841.jpg

Our county shelter is not too far from us and I have thought over and over of volunteering there but I really don't think I could volunteer at any place unless it was no kill. I would want to bring them all home and we have more than we should now.

Your boys look so cuddly. They just beg to be cuddled and smooshed and loved on. How do you ever leave home?

Denise, I had a go at sleeping in the room with them last night. Heck, they are very noisy. Houdini was racing up and down and jumping in and out of his cage and the other two were digging in the litter box and chewing up and moving around their cardboard box. In the end, I had to sleep in the bedroom or I'd have been awake all night. But Snowy is a clever bun, he obviously spent all night putting their veggie bowl in the cardboard box, it's a perfect fit, he is one smart bunny. Just added Bandy tipping up the bowl to get everything. The three musketeers together and a Snowy yawn nearly haha.

1393802962184.jpg

1393802997684.jpg

1393803049896.jpg

1393803084833.jpg

Sorry they´re all sideways folks, when I look to post they´re the right way up, it´s the app that turns them round :mad:

I'm sure I could have warned you that trying to sleep in a room with the buns would have been impossible :) Even though the girls are in the other room I still hear them enough to keep me up at times. Thumper has mostly been a good boy and would settle down for sleep when we go to bed. He'll get up to munch on hay or drink some water but he's quite about it.

Amazing Snowy! You should try him with one of those kids toys that come with different shaped pieces like circle, star, square and have a hollow block that comes with that has corresponding shapes cut out of it so kids have to match the star shape to the star shaped cut out in the side of the block to put it in. If you have any idea what I just rambled on about.

I just flip my lap top on it's side. :)

Yes Denise I remember you saying your girls are noisy. I don't remember mine being that noisy before but they sure are.

I can imagine Snowy moving the box and the bowl till the bowl went inside. It is quite a feat as the bowl is much bigger than he is. I bought one of those toys for dogs but they weren't interested, they obviously like doing their own thing haha.

Maybe they were just extra excited to have a sleep over with you. :)

I have bought quite a few toys for all the buns. So far it has turned out to be a waste of money. The only thing we have spent money on that they like is the concrete form. Everything else is card board or boxes. Even the girls ignore the apple branches I got.

I think they know when you're in the room, the little devils haha.

I gave up with the toys, they are much happier with a cardboard box and some toilet rolls although they do love fresh apple twigs when I can get them.

I plan on planting some black berries this years so will have to see how they like the branches eventually. Even the dried pinecones nobody seems to care for.

Mine must be weird bunnies, Houdini also loves throwing about and occasionally chewing his pine cone. Then again, he loves chewing anything :p I love blackberries, reminds me of mom's great pies all those years ago.

I love blackberries. I can eat them right off the bush and love them in pies. Also as cobbler. I even like the look of the bushes, just makes me think of childhood summers. I also want to plant grapes. I so like seeing a grape arbor. I'm sure the girls would like to be able to go out and pick some grapes.

I'll have to look into making blackberry jam as well.

Been so busy with Bandy's abscess I haven't had time to post on here. Been a stressful week but we're getting into a routine with his treatment and I'm getting more used to handling him. Hate that he's not with Snowy but they can see each other so hope that when the treatment is finished they will be ok. I managed to drain some of the pus and fill it with honey so I must be doing something right. Have to do it again later and give him his jab. I suppose I just want to get back to normal. I was laughing at the vets yesterday as they have an african grey parrot and ot was whistling a selection of tunes including la cucaracha, it was so funny. I felt like asking if he took requests. A variety of pets this morning; cats, hamster, tortoise and ferret. There was an enormous albino python there yesterday, it's never dull lol. Some photos to finish.
Bandy and Houdini
If you look carefully, you can see the top of the absess under the fur
Banana time
Snowy in his new little temporary house, knew that box from the safe we fitted the other day would come in handy lol.
Just love my little Snowy.
I laughed at this as I was watching one of my soaps and looks as though the character was checking ou Houdini up to no good :)
My three cuddling up together

1395259351482.jpg

1395259378897.jpg

1395259460218.jpg

1395259519098.jpg

1395259610760.jpg

1395259673397.jpg

Oooh, poor sweetie! Glad to hear that it is getting better. Luna and I are sending lots of healing vibes your way.....get better soon!

Latest posts

Back