The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks from Bandy. He is being a real trouper, we just have to be patient and brave. He has his two little pals to keep him company and gets extra hugs now. He also lovesvthat he's getting extra treats :p

Poor little guy, but sounds like he's good loving help to speed along recovery. Hope things go back to normal soon.

Just getting reading to go down to the vets this morning. He´s had another good night which is always good news. The other two are getting used to their new sleeping arrangements although Houdini is the noisiest bunny I know. Woke me up this morning at seven rearranging everything.

Becs that´s so funny, I sometimes buy plants that have the plastic thing round them which keeps them upright and the buns can´t dig up the roots, sorry that would be Houdini can´t dig up the roots lol.

They´ve all had a treat this morning so they are happy buns.

Don´t know whether she´ll do the xray this morning, depends how he copes with her draining the wound again. I will let everyone know when I´m back later.

Thanks everyone for the support, it really does help at these times :thumbup:thumbup

Well she did do the xray and it has touched bone but it could be much worse. She packed it with honey again and I have done it twice at home and it does get easier with practice. Just have to do his jab before bed. Have just put Houdini and Snowy away and let Bandy out for a run. I can't believe how good he is. All this back and forth to the vet and being handled must be stressful for him but he is doing so well. Might have a go at rearranging the cage again at the weekend as now I have to pick Houdini up to let him out and chase him to put him away which is not the easiest thing; there's no door in his part of the enclosure so a rethink :p

Bandy is happily staying out in the living room tonight, he's not the one to get up to mischief.
Houdini on the other hand is my little rascal. I have to think up new ways to tempt him to come close enough so I can get hold of him, he is an expert of escape manoeuvres :p

He certainly is Michael, he is such a lovable rascal but he is so smart it sometimes surprises me. He does get bored quickly as well so have to think up lots of ways to keep him occupied. He is quite wearing at times but I just love him to bits. The other two are much more laid back and obedient lol.

The trouble makers are something else to deal with. I'm sure Houdini keeps you on your toes like Laverne and Shirley keep me on mine. Well mostly it seems to be Laverne. Shirley goes nuts with the hormones but Laverne is destructo bun. Shirlei is really skittish. She'll come near but mostly runs when you start to pet but Laverne will come up to me and will stay for pets although she doesn't melt into the floor like Thump.

He certainly does Denise but I wouldn´t change him. He is just my duracell bunny...he goes on and on and on........never tires. He is very noisy as well but such a big personality for a very small bunny. Mine are better now with pets but still are a bit skittish and race off sometimes. The bunny in the vets surgery is just gorgeous. She comes over and practically begs for you to pet her and stroke her. Then she follows anyone who comes in by their heels. She is such a cutie. I must try and get a better photo of her as she is just so cute. A bit like a little Bandy but with less fur and some black markings but she is just lovely. She also has an abscess but on her side so they will operate on that eventually as it is much easier to extract all of it. Problem with jaw abscessed is they affect the bone and they can´t remove everything. Anyway we will see how the treatment goes. He´s just had his second filling of honey by me today, honestly he must be so sick of it now and I hate having to put him through it but she said that is really important so his last one will be before bed along with his injection. They were all out together this afternoon for a while as he went to sit on his favourite chair under the dining room table so I let the other two out. Poor Houdini jumped up to groom him and say hello and I had to just shoo him away poor thing. I will leave him out again all night, he was out all last night and he is fine no problems. Don´t you sometimes wish you had a magic wand, I certainly do right now. I might ask her to shave a bit more of his hair tomorrow, I noticed a bit was stuck to the abscess, must try and loosen it with some warmish water later.

Well a stressful few days with visits and decisions to be made but he is still eating really well in spite of everything and is taking all the handling and poking like a little champ. I am growing to love my little fluff ball more every day.

We had a real night last night with pus free flowing everywhere and me trying to carry a bunny and get hold of all the stuff at the same time. We were both covered by the time we finished but got lots of it drained off the abscess and both cleaned up. It was so nice to sit with him on my knee for a good hour, I think that must be the first time he´s sat so long with me ever, he seemed happy and he was obviously enjoying the warm heat blowing on us both.

I have tried to open it again this afternoon to see if I could drain more but it there was just pink liquid coming out obviously blood stained so I let him rest for a while and may have another go before we go to bed. He is staying out with me all night now and is such a good boy. I still hate that I can´t let him out with the other two, I know he is missing his little pals and they are missing him. I will post photos later via my kindle as it´s easier.

As promised some pics. I have noticed that since Bandy is not in the group the dynamics have changed. I miss seeing them huddled together and grooming. Bandy I ave realised is the calming influence between Houdini and Snowy and they miss that. I put them together yesterday evening and all night and it went quite well so we will repeat tonight. They both have their little house and Houdini will chill out in his play cage, I closed him in there for a few hours today when I went out as I am still not 100% sure if I can leave them all day and the last thing I need now is another vet bill.

I miss my trio and hope that the separation won't affect them too much. Still don't know how long we have to go yet.

Here are the pics. Bandy eating this afternoon, who can resist that face
I picked up that box and have filled with shredded paper, they love it.
He has become obsessed with cleaning himself but you can see the abscess here.
Here are the other two hidden away lol.

1395777417715.jpg

1395777456569.jpg

1395777494550.jpg

1395777550775.jpg

1395777697003.jpg

Well am feeling good today after leaving Snowy and Houdini alone together today while I went to work and after 7 hours, I go home and no blood or cuts not even any fluff. They have been together since the weekend but this is the first day I've left them together in the same space without supervision. I hope this is it now as that means that when Bandy is better, I should be able to house them all together again.

Bandy still doing well, still eating and keeping himself sper clean. I will be glad though to get him checked again at the vet tomorrow.

How good is that, that Houdini and Snowy are getting along! Its like they know something is wrong and don't want to put anymore stress on Bandy or you! What good boys you have. I hope they all get along and can live together again after everything is all over.

Yay that Bandy is still eating on his own, such a strong lad.

Sorry to hear that you guys got covered in stinky pus, but its better out than in!
Hopefully all is well at the vet tomorrow!

I am so pleased they are back together although I am holding off on jumping for joy until they have been together with no problem for a couple of weeks but they have been good boys.

Bandy is a little star. I was going to try and drain some more today but by the time I got back this afternoon, it has scabbed over and I find it really difficult to get the head off as scared of hurting him so I'm gonna leave it until I go to the vet tomorrow.

He has eaten about 100g of basil today (he loves it) apart from the rest of his veggies and his dried dandelion mix and some hay so haven't given him any critical care.

Find out tomorrow details of what will happen Friday.

I hope the vet visit goes well. The abscess still looks big in the pic. I had a ferret once that would have issues with her bottom similar to abscesses. Luckily for us all it took was the vet doing some draining and then two meds per day for a while and one of the meds she would come running for. I'm not sure if it's the same with the buns and their abscesses but usually when you got the pinkish fluid coming out it was a good sign that a lot of the pus was gone. Of course, the less puss the better the meds and the body can work at destroying the infection.

He is such a handsome boy. The more I see of him the more handsome he seems. It's nice that the two of you are feeling closer. Although some of it may be that he is missing his buddies I am sure that he realizes you are taking good care of him.

I hope Houdini and Snowy continue to behave themselves and get along.

Thanks Denise, I hope we can maybe continue with the penicilin to see how he goes. I can't believe how much he is eating. He finished his veggies from earlier this afternoon so I filled his bowl up again when I fed the other two; carrot tops, celery leaves, endive, parsley, basil & dill and he' already finished half of it and has had another nibble on his dandelion. I am crossing my fingers he will continue as it's not easy getting the critical care down him. The other two miss him. He was sitting in his usual place on the chair earlier and both of them jumped up to see him and I had to gently push Snowy away, they don't understand. Took some video so will upload and then post.

So back to the vet today and the abscess has decreased in size considerably so for the time being, we will continue with the penicilin and drain and pack again with honey. You can feel the difference now and the vet said he looked much more alert and his eyes looked happier. I have more syringes but am now quite ok with giving him the injections and he is now so much better with being handled and lets me pet him, doesn't race off like he used to do. I know the process will still be lengthy but I can now see some light at the end of that tunnel.

Just caught Bandy doing a dbf, he is so adorable with all that fluff. That's the second time he's done it so he must be feeling OK. I am so in love with my little fella that I feel like an awful bunny momma for neglecting the other too. Must give them extra cuddles and kisses today :)

Latest posts

Back