The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad to hear that Bandy is doing better. Yay for dbf, they are the greatest. Sending some more healing vibes Bandys way.

Thanks for the good vibes, he still needs them. It is amazing how much it has shrunk and I am assuming that is down to the penicilin. He is such a strong, brave boy and takes everything you throw at him. He has been amazing throughout and I would tell anyone who has a bunny with this type of problem to go for treatment before operating , it is so much better for them and if you had told me a week ago that it would be less than half the size, I would have found it hard to believe but it does happen, he is the proof. I am so tired between bunny vet, treatment and work but it has all been so worth it :)

Yay, for bandy and for you!!:woohoo I am so glad to hear that it is smaller. His salad is really making me hungry for a good one. Ha! I'm glad he's eating so well and seems comfy. I would think since he is eating so well now that he will continue to.

I'm sure if the boys don't understand why you are not spending as much time with them that at least if they could understand they would be fine with it.

Denise, it is so good that it´s getting smaller. I have drained it a little twice today and put honey in but it´s oozing out so just clean and leave. However, he seems to be off his food today, hardly eaten any of his salad from this morning and have tried tempting him with some dried dandelion which he loves but not having it either. He hasn´t even eaten his craisin I gave him for being such a good boy so I will probably have to give him some critical care tonight and hate the thought that I have to force him to do something he doesn´t like again. I was really getting excited cos his poops are getting bigger as well but I´ll just have to keep my eye on him. He was sitting in the small litter box inside his cage earlier just staring at the wall. I really hope he is OK, I´d hate for him to take a down turn when he´s been doing so well. Need to give him the penicilin yesterday and just have to check if I need to take it out of the fridge to warm up before I inject it, I forgot to ask that yesterday.

The other two are doing OK, they´ve been out about an hour now and are very quiet. They´re happy as long as I´m putting food their way lol. I really do hope that when Bandy is fully recovered, I can put them all together, that would be the best.

Yahhh, Bandy is eating his pellets., I have just noticed as he raced into the cage where his bowl is. Thatvis so good, means he must be feeling much better and here was I thinking I would have to critical care down him tonight. What a good end to a Saturday :D

Good boy Bandy :) I'm so happy to hear he's improving and the abscess is looking better. Hopefully he'll get to be back with his buddies soon, but I'm glad you both get to have this bonding time too. Sometimes when a bun has been sick, with all of the handling they come to realize that snuggle time is actually kind of nice :) It's what happened with my bun Zeus. When I first got him he was terrified of people. After he got sick and I had to constantly handle him, he became the sweetest boy and loves for me to hold and pet on him now.

He is getting more cuddly and doesn't dash off no as soon as I approach him, sometimes even runs up to me to see what I've got for him. He does have such a sweet nature. I haven't discussed yet how long it may take for the abscess to reduce completely but I don't really think the vet will know that either. If it continues to shrink, I will be happy but I do realise there is a possibility it may return at some time. Happy start to Sunday although we lose an hour tonight, summer is a coming :p

Well I was dreading giving him the Pen injection but it was OK after all. Took me three attempts as didn't expect the needle for the metacam and the Pen to be so different. Now I know what they were taking about when they mentioned the bevelled edge. It was hard to get in but not so bad to discharge. He is ok but quiet but will perk up later I am sure. Other two were banished to the terrace this morning but didn't like it, they are now in their enclosure and happier. I think I will take him to the vet in the morning though unscheduled just so I feel ok. I did check his abscess this morning but honey just oozed out so want to make sure everything is ok, she did say to bring hm down whenever and she would see him. He is such a champ, takes everything in his stride, I just love this fluffball so much :)

I'm happy you didn't have any trouble with the injection. And Bandy sounds like he's continuing to be a good patient :) So are you not getting anymore puss out of it?

Only a tiny bit this morning but I got a bit more honey in it. It is so much smaller but I will be repeating the process in a little while. He is so good, couldn't have a better patient.

I am relieved to hear he did start eating his pellets. I wonder if maybe he had a little gas.

I can only imagine he's being so good since he knows you are helping him to get well.

By the time it's all said and done he may just turn into a complete snuggle bun.

Denise,I thik he was finding it difficult to eat the pellets because of the abscess andI think he had problems chewing them so he must be feeling better.

Yes, he does know I won't hurt him but he stll doesn't like it but puts up with it. Just been stroking his nose and ears while he is in his xpen, he would have run a mile a few weeks ago. He is becoming a little cuddle bun for sure :)

Photo time just been taking some today.

Bandy tucking into his pellets
Nice clean xpen, won't stay like that for long. Have only put one litter tray in now for Houdini and Snowy but I must find another small box for Snowy as Houdini is eating his hidey house.
Poop photo. Bandy's poops are now looking more normal, left was last week and right today.

1396218197749.jpg

1396218248889.jpg

1396218385621.jpg

1396218653463.jpg

More phoros. Bandy is flopping quite a bit, it is lovely to see all that fluff flopped out
This is the pregnant kitty at the vets. She is just gorgeous.
This is Rosita, the little bunny at the vets who also has an abscess on her side. The are operating on it this week. Her little face reminds me of Bandy
My other two little boys hanging out.

1396304465366.jpg

1396304526109.jpg

1396304661401.jpg

1396304705548.jpg

Well a busy weekend with Bandy but Houdini and Snowy are getting on so well I am so glad I moved them in together. Still hate having to keep Bandy separated from them, I know he misses them and they miss him. He is still doing so well putting up with me poking and squeezing his abscess and he is still eating well. He doesn't have to go back to the vet until Tuesday for his next jab so he will be glad the when the carrier doesn't come out tomorrow.

I went to a friend's house yesterday for drinks and had far too many. I was walking so I got home OK. However, she posted some photos on facebook and that was the wake up call. Wow, I have put on weight so my cut back has started today and alcohol is off the menu. I will follow the boy's example and eat loads of greens lol.

I love all of the pics!

Glad you got to visit with friends. I'm sure the break after all the extra care and worry was nice.

Bandy can still be near the boys through the X pen, right? I'm sure that's much better than being away, away from them.

Sorry it's been a while, this week has been mad with work and with vet visits as well, I haven't had a minute. Bandy is doing really well and I had the OK to let them all out together yesterday and they all seem much happier. Houdini has been grooming Bandy and Snowy has been chilling out with him and sharing his food. I think they are all happier, I can see it and they have so missed that time together. I will probably wait a few weeks before reorganising the xpen and moving them all in together as Bandy is still undergoing treatment so I will see what the vet suggests.

Glad you liked the photos Denise. I have more which I need to upload. The vet kitty had her kittens on Monday afternoon and they are adorable. I held one on Tuesday, I have never seen such a small kitten, it was so gorgeous. They are determined that I will be taking the mother when the kittens are weaned and she is spayed. I am so tempted, she is such a cuddly kitty and already used to rabbits. I am seriously thinking of it sort of but not sure how she'd do in an apartment...am I mad to think about it ???!!!

A tiring week and still tomorrow to go although it should be shorter. I will certainly be glad to have a rest at the weekend. My friend has invited me to lunch Sunday but I just want to stay home with the boys and relax. I just have no energy right now, I must be getting old :p

I am ever so glad to hear that he is still improving. That's fantastic that they get to spend some time together. I am sure they have missed being near each other.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics. She is a very pretty kitty and why not give her a home. She sounds perfect and I'm sure she would be fine in an apartment. Most cats seem to adjust well to all sorts of living conditions.

Join the club then. I'm feeling like you and I was supposed to have it nice and relaxed here this week.

Yay, I am glad that Bandy is continuing to improve and that the three musketeers get to spend some time together.

Latest posts

Back