The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don´t even have to put their food out to lure them in now, I just call them and in they go. How smart are bunnies.

Bandy is such a gentle soul and I just love how Houdini asks for his grooms, he does such great flops, who could resist him.

I never watched the videos. I meant to watch them, but forgot until now. You sound like Mary Poppins! I LOVE IT! Its so funny. I like hearing how people talk.

Plus, its so nice to see your boys in 'real life'. Like moving around! They're all so cute and it really looks like they love the terrace!

I like your drying rack, I need to get one of those!

Morgan, thanks for the recipe, completely different from the ones my mom made. We add the rice krispies to melted chocolate, put them in bun cases and let them go hard. I still love them but I must try making these.

I did laugh, never been called Mary Poppins before. I´d forgotten I was talking to them on it, I talk to them quite a lot and sometimes they even take notice lol.

They do love the terrace, they like to go out there at night when it gets dark and just chill out together. It´s the best thing I´ve done for them is making that space available to them.

That is my only clothes dryer as I don´t have anywhere else to hang the washing. It´s a pain but luckily, it dries really quickly here in the summer in the hot weather. The buns also love running behind it when it´s folded up, I just lean it against the shed.

I can't get my rabbits to work like that, kudos to you. Then again I've been focusing evertyhing on bonding them. Maybe training them will come after, you've inspired me.

Thanks, Michael, they are quite well behaved bunnies now, most of the time. I so want Conan and Xena to get to the stage where they´re like mine, happy to be together but happy to spend time on their own as well. As I said, the rebond of my smaller two took over 7 months and it seemed like forever so you´re not doing so bad and there were times I felt like throwing in the towel as they were being so stubborn but I knew that they could be OK and would be OK and it finally worked out. I will be rooting for these two whatever happens.

Well, it´s been a really good Thursday for me. I had sort of day off today but was just planning to catch up on some admin and chill out as well.

My friend rang me this morning as she was spending the morning by the pool and then breaking for lunch and she asked me if I fancied some chill out time. Of course, I got up there in record time and we had a great day. I sat out in the sun for the first time nearly this summer, had a swim and a lovely lunch with her husband and parents, dogs and cats, etc.

To top it all, I went home with bagfuls of fruit and veg and twigs for the boys. I took quite a few photos as I remembered Elise and her water melons, ´my friends are fantastic but I brought green beans, apples, avocados, figs, onions, garlic, water melon, melon and pumpkin. I could hardly carry everything. I just love seeing all that stuff growing there, she has so much space.

Here goes anyway:

Her pumpkin is enormous:

She even has a banana plant:

This is me in the pool, the views are spectacular

I forgot about the grapes:

These are Rafael´s climbing watermelons, that´s my friend´s husband:

Another watermelon, they are quite big:

And here are the boys enjoying their apple twigs, yummy:

Morgan, it was unplanned but a lovely, relaxing day with good food and lots of goodies to bring home.

Their avocado tree was heaving, loads of them and I just love them.

It´s just lovely being in the countryside, it was so peaceful. And we had lunch on the terrace, in the shade and there was a lovely breeze so a good day had by all.

I love avocados. I eat at least one a day, but I'm out right now. :( I eat them for breakfast on a toasted english muffin, that is a good way to start the morning! And they're really good with a fried egg on top! They're like my favorite food.

Sounds lovely. Sometimes its nice to have a little break from life and enjoy the breeze!

You´re right Morgan, summer is such a mega busy time for me that I only get the odd day off to spend with friends, today was unexpected but thoroughly enjoyable.

I've got enough avocados to last a good few days but they need to ripen so by next week, I´ll be on one a day. I just love them on their own with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper...just delicious. I love their creamy texture.

I'm happy you had a good day! Wow, those fruits look big! The pumpkin and the watermelons look awesome! I wish I had a Banana plant, I could grow one in a greenhouse. My biggest watermelon is only about 2 inches long. The watermelon in that picture looks so much better! It must be nice to swim and see such wonderful views! :)

Elise, I so thought of you when I was looking at the watermelons. The pumpkins were enormous and it is just so good to pick the fruit from the tree, I picked the figs and the apples myself, I even ate some of the figs as I was picking them. They are so lucky having all that space and being able to grow nearly all their own fruit and veg.

It was wonderful in the pool, the water was actually quite cool so nice to cool off, I do know how lucky we are to be able to do this.

I am glad you had a good time. Sounds like such an enjoyable relaxing day. I so need a pool so I can just lay on a float and relax looking at the view and jump in to cool off a bit.

All the food looks delicious.

I could do with another day like them and fairly soon.

It´ll take me ages to eat all that food but I will get through it.

It´s so nice having a pool like that, really don´t use ours enough but sometimes you just feel that you want to be indoors as it´s cooler and it´s been so very hot the last couple of weeks, probably over 100. I´ll be glad when we get into September and it cools down a bit.

I think if I lived in Spain I wouldn't mind the heat so much. But I say that because I've never lived there! haha. I like summer and the heat, so it doesn't bother me too much. The only thing I don't like about summer where I am is the giant mosquitoes. We can't even walk outside without being attacked, so thats really hindered us doing too much in the yard this summer. Plus I'm allergic to the bug spray! haha.

Maybe by next summer I will have talked my husband into going to Spain. So I can experience the Spanish heat! LOL

It´s very hot and very humid but we haven´t had that many mosquitos this year which is great. Having said that, I was up the other night at 5am with a buzzing in my air and had to go and find the spray so I could get back to sleep.

You´d love Spain Morgan, great food and you can drink beer or wine or any other alcohol for that matter when you want. I was sitting having my breakfast the other day and a couple sitting on the next table were drinking beer and last week I was having a coffee at 10.30 and a young girl ordered a Bacardi and coke. I must admit that would be too early for me lol.

Yeah 10:30 is a little early for me too! I think like noon on the weekend is okay here, but I don't go to many cafes or anything here. LOL My husband and I were just talking about it, in the city day drinking is different than in the country. In the city, is a business lunch in a cafe and you can have a beer then go back to work. But in the country, if you're drinking in the afternoon, chances are you don't have a job and you're a redneck. hahaha.

Hopefully next summer I'll make it across the pond!

I must admit, midday is about the cut off time for me although I did try a stiff drink with my coffee one morning at 7am and it was not good. I always see loads of older tourists drinking coffee and brandy at 10.30 am, just too early and I´m not keen on Brandy anyway.

I´m off to lunch tomorrow with clients. It´s quite funny cos they suggested we meet at 12.15pm, in Spain, we don´t usually eat lunch till about 3 and dinner around 10 so it´ll be like a late breakfast lol. I will think about you when I´m having my very cold beer and Spanish omelette.. bliss :yeahthat:

well, I´m still here anxiously waiting the arrival of Wendell. I have so much planned and the only thing missing is my bunny guest. I think I´m going to go down to the sorting office on Monday to see if they can tell me anything, its seems to have taken far longer than it should. Wendell.....did you fancy a stop over in some exotic place on the way. Bet he hopped off in Singapore on the way lol.

Boys are doing well and out today earlier. They´re not doing much but they do like having all the extra space. It´s still very hot so they sit in the door way and just enjoy the breeze. Things are still going well with all three, it´s so nice not having to sit supervising them all the time.

I had to laugh last night as I got home late from work and was absolutely exhausted but I let them out and then was drifting in and out of sleep on the sofa. I woke up as I felt something touch me and both Houdini and Snowy were on the sofa with me having a good look at what was happening. I just let get on with it but it was lovely having them so interested in me.

Market day today so off I went to buy the greens for the boys. I ended up buying four plants as well, lavender, 2 basil and rosemary. I had a planter which I don´t use, so I´ve planted them all in there and put it out on the balcony for the boys to eat when they feel like it. It looks really nice, I hope it lasts.

Also got a cute pic of Bandy and Houdini chilling out together

Latest posts

Back