The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the shoe episode actually made me smile all day, it could happen to me lol.

I´d never seen this type of basil before, it´s got really tiny leaves and the smell is not as strong but it does smell of basil. I just love the smell of basil, it is so fragrant.

My search for an xpen continues, I just wish I could get the one from Germany but without the massive postage cost.

Been having a rethink about the xpen as I met with a friend of mine yesterday for a drink and was telling her about the one in Germany and she says that if it´s the one I want, I should just pay for the postage rather than pay, more or less the same for one that I don´t really like. So, I´m probably going to order it as it will fit exactly with the one I already have.

I was laughing at Houdini this morning as I mixed their current food with some really high fibre nuggets I bought here a while ago but which they weren´t that keen on. Turns out that Houdini quite likes them now but because they´re so big, he had to hold them in his front paws to eat bit by bit. I noticed the noise he was making yesterday and he´s just been doing it again now. Obviously, the first thing he´s picked out of his pellets this morning.

I got a call the other day from a game show in Spain to take part. I took part in another of their game shows about a year and a half ago and didn´t win anything but there´s a better chance in this show if we get through. I hadn´t even called to take part in this one but hey, they asked me a bunch of questions, I answered and they said you´ve passed so I´m not gonna turn it down. You have to take part with another person so I´m going with my best friend Moses. We have to go to take part in the selection process on Monday and I´m crossing my fingers that we get picked. You can win up to 200.000 Euros and the show is taped in Barcelona. We had dinner last night and were talking about it and we´re quite excited now, I just hope we get through. By the way, it's called Atrapa un Millon, you used to be able to win a million euros but obviously times are hard so they´ve reduced the prize money. In England it´s called The Million Pound Drop, they must be doing better there as you can still win a million lol.

You might as well get the pen you really want. It may cost more but you will have it forever basically so hopefully many more years of use out of it.

You definitely need to get video of that. I am sure it is too cute to stand.

Good luck with the game show. I bet it would be very fun to be on one.

You´re right Denise as is my friend that it´s going to last me years so I might as well buy the one I like. I´ll probably order it next week.

I´ll try and catch Houdini nibbling on his giant nuggets tonight. Isn´t it just typical, when you only give them, they´re not interested but mixed with the others, it´s the first thing they pick.

I´m looking forward to the quiz audition, I really hope we do well, could do with the extra cash :agree

Best of luck with the quiz audition! Would be awesome to have the chance to win some extra cash!

Houdini sounds adorable, the way you describe him holding his pellets in his paws while he eats them. Would love to see a photo :D

He is adorable. I will definitely try and get a pic of the little smartie pants lol.

Just picked my car up as had to have 2 new tyres and a full service which has cost me nearly 400 eurios. Have to take it in next week as problem with one of steering parts so another big bill. Really need to get on this show and win some cash :D

Sent from my GT-I8160P using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Well, we went to the audition yesterday but they only filmed a short video of us both talking about ourselves which will now be assessed to see if we have what it takes. There were two other couples there as well but I assume they will do quite a few during the whole of the day. They will let us know by 4th October so fingers crossed.

Car is back into the garage tomorrow to have one of the steering parts replaced so that will be another chunk out of my savings, I tell you it never rains but it pours.

My mom is arriving again tomorrow and she´s really looking forward to it. We´ll get back into our usual routine for the weeks she´s here and then I´ll be going back to the UK with her on 16th for just 5 days, all I can manage to get away from work and even then I panic in case something happens while I´m gone.

Downton Abbey started again on Sunday night. I have so missed it and loved the opening episode after all the shocks of the last series. Looks like it will be really good with some new characters and interesting stories. I won´t give anything away for those of you who are waiting for it to start over there in January. By that time, the series will have finished in the UK as it always ends with the Christmas special.

Just thought I´d post some photos as I have taken loads over the last week, trying to catch one of the those yawning moments or action shots but just seem to catch them resting, sleeping or flopping.

Such funny faces in this one

Snowy loves falling asleep against his frozen bottle

How I love seeing these two happy together again.

Snowy and Houdini facing off, he doesn´t like it when Houdini comes into his space when he´s there

Love watching Houdini grooming

Sleep head

Haha looks as though they only have one head and one set of ears, Houdini missing it all fast asleep

Don´t want to bore you with too many lol.

Thanks Denise, I take loads of them, I always have the camera on hand just in case they do something really unusual or naughty or too cute for words. I am still trying to get the real bunny yawn, I just am never quick enough.

Still have my car, thought they were going to keep it this morning but when I got there, he´d forgotten and had a couple of cars waiting for spares so no room. He suggested next week but not good for me so I´m going to take it when I´m in the Uk and leave it.

Got to do a bit of tidying up this afternoon for mom coming. Lots of junk again in the spare room so will have to find some space for it somewhere else. How do we accumulate so much junk, saving things for a rainy day. I know that as I throw something out, I´ll then need it lol.

I forgot about his video I uploaded yesterday. I was laughing about the big pellets I bought ages ago as an inbetween and they didn´t seem to like them as they were really big. However, Houdini is getting a taste for them now and spend quite a while getting through one. he place it in between his front paws and then breaks it up and eats it bit by bit. Here he is nicking Bandy´s pellets as he doesn´t seem to be eating them. I just love that concentration. By the way, after I turned off he did lean it, pick up another one and drop it between his lickle paws.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMenHhaGVU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMenHhaGVU[/ame]

Well, a good relaxing Sunday with mom and the boys. Cleaned their enclosure, I left them in the house with me with access to the terrace but they were fascinated exploring their area without the cages or with only half the cage there. I did laugh at them going in and out of the covers as well which I´d left in the living room. Why do these things fascinate them, I ask you ???

They then spent the rest of the afternoon napping in their favourite spots and are now just reappearing and will be chasing about the rest of the night.

Just admiring the beautiful sky tonight, it´s red so should be good weather tomorrow.

Got this little video of Houdini the other day again, I shot a bunny yawn...yeah at last, not great light but it´s there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEzT4NBXV0[/ame]

And I love this one of his chomping on his favourite basil.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83J85JsMiMw[/ame]

By the way, sorry for the background tv, must have been Corrie night lol.

Well another week has gone by and mom is enjoying herself and the boys. It was cleaning day today but I had to go to work after so I left he boys out with mom looking after them. Got back after a couple of hours and they were all getting on famously, they do behave for her. They´re all chilling out now resting, must be hard work being a bun.

Waiting for my new enclosure to arrive in time for me going back to the UK for a short visit. I´m sure it will be here but I worry just in case. It´s exactly the same as my other one so i´ll be able to make a really big enclosure for them while I´m away so the only thing my neighbour will have to do is feed them and make sure they´re all OK, they should have enough space to run about in the area I leave them in. I am so worried as it´s the first time I´ve every left them, I suppose we´re all like that.

Can´t wait to go to the massive pet store over there and buy lots of new things for them, there´s hardly anything for rabbits in the stores over here so I´ll probably go mad.

Don´t think we got picked for the TV quiz show, they were supposed to ring before the 4th so I suppose that´s it.. A bit disappointed but that´s life. Just have to keep doing the lottery lol.

Had friends over last week, it was so good to see them and we went out to dinner a few times with mom and with their daughter who came with them as well. They are genuinely nice people, generous and caring and I love spending time with them, they treat my mom like one of the family and I love them for that. Their daughter lives and works in Leeds which is near to where my mom lives so we´re planning to meet up when I go over there the week after next.

Really need to go on a health and fitness trip. Have put on a bit of weight in the summer and just need to get back into a healthier mode. I think it will probably have to wait until I´ve got over my UK visit and then start as soon as I come back. Healthier food, no alcohol and more exercise. Time to reorganise my cupboard and fridge and get rid of all the food I shouldn´t be eating.

I'm sure your bunns will be fine while you're away, I know it's easy to worry about that. I'm going away soon and I'm getting someone to come by once a day to feed Bandit etc, she's owned rabbits and is a wildlife carer so I know it'll be fine, but I'm still worried, lol.

Really need to go on a health and fitness trip. Have put on a bit of weight in the summer and just need to get back into a healthier mode. I think it will probably have to wait until I´ve got over my UK visit and then start as soon as I come back. Healthier food, no alcohol and more exercise. Time to reorganise my cupboard and fridge and get rid of all the food I shouldn´t be eating.

Ahh, my fiance is like the little devil on my shoulder when it comes to willpower with food etc. When he's not around I can be in the supermarket and say to myself "hey, chocolate is on special, man it would be so nice to have some" but then just keep walking and not buy any. If my fiance is with me, he'll say something like "it's ok, you can have some chocolate" or "if you want some, you should just get some, it'll be delicious" It's hopeless! lol.

I know but we always worry, it´s the first time I´ve left them with anyone. He´s used to bunnies and he will only have to feed them and I´ll make sure I organise all their stuff so it´s easy to feed them.

It is fairly easy to avoid all the stuff I shouldn´t eat as I live on my own normally so I just don´t buy the stuff I shouldn´t be eating but I´ve just been eating so badly over the summer as I´ve been mega busy with work and just snacking during the day and even when I get home so it´s not good. When I get back from the UK it´s going to be really strict and no treats.

Well only two days until the big day and I´m off for 6 days to the UK. I´m getting a bit nervous now about leaving my boys and I´ll miss them terribly but I´m hoping they´ll be Ok and that my neighbour will come in twice a day to feed them. I´ve got to set up their new enclosure tomorrow afternoon so that they have enough room to take a run without him having to let them out. I ended up buying the xpen from ebay and it´s exactly the same as the one I have so I can fit them together easier. I´ve got to move the dining room table and chairs to make room but I´ll manage somehow. I´ll take some photos when it´s all completed, I´m hoping they´ll be ok and like it although I´m sure Houdini will miss hanging out with Snowy and Bandy as they´ll be separated. I´m sure Snowy and Bandy will miss nicking Houdini´s food, they´ve been at it again today, it does make me laugh.

I´m not looking forward to the colder weather either. It´s still really hot here and the forecast is for the same the rest of the week, around 26ºC and it´ll only be around 10/12ºC in the UK and probably raining. I´m making sure I take plenty of warm clothes, I´m sure the difference will be noticeable. It´ll be nice to do some shopping over there and see the family, I haven´t been back for about 3 or 4 years, I can never take the time off.

So here´s a catch up over the last week, the boys hanging out and doing what they usually do. I brought some apple twigs back from my friend´s house on Saturday, there were even apples on some of them which the boys tucked in to. They really do love the green leaves.

Such great pictures!

I hope you have fun in the UK, I'm sure it will be so nice to get back there! Remember to take lots of pictures! I want to see everything.

I'm sure the boys will be fine, but its always so hard to leave them.

It's so nice to see all your boys happy together. I'm sure they'll miss you when you're gone, but they should be just fine. I always worry about my buns too, if I have to be away at all. I hope your mom had a nice time with you there. The cooler weather in the UK will be a bit of a shock. It's cooler here as well. I pretty much freeze until summer comes back round again.

Have a great time in the UK! Take pics :)

Well here´s the new enclosure while I¨m away. I´ve extended it as they won´t be getting any time out while I´m not there, I´ve got a neighbour going in to feed and water them so they should be OK. I sent the photo to my friend and she says that I´ll be sleeping in the street soon if I give them any more space lol.

I really like it but it does take up a lot of room but they have loads of space. What do you think, I hope they´ll be happy.

I´ve just got to pack now although I´m exhausted from putting that together but I don´t want to leave it until the last minute as we´re leaving mid morning. I can sleep on the plane :yes:

Latest posts

Back