The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenny, those two are just gorgeous and they look so comfy together.

Just up and this talk of food again and I´m heading for the kitchen to raid the cupboards. I´m a savoury fiend as well, love anything cheesy or salty. I don´t think I could be a vegetarian, by choice, either. I don´t really eat that much meat but do love a steak now and again and I definitely find it difficult to eat fruit even though I know I should eat more. I was reading about another diet yesterday where you eat normally for 5 days and then reduce to 500-600 calories for the other two days. One of the presenters on UK tv is doing it and he´s already lost 9lbs in a couple of weeks.

Really weird waking up this morning without mom, she´ll be back in her own bed. She´ll be back in the summer again.

500-600 calories is NOTHING! You would be starving. haha. Yesterday I finally broke down and ate 2 oranges, I haven't been eating them because I was afraid they would give me heartburn or they wouldn't be good, because no one likes a bad orange. But I ate them and omg they were so good! Its been the best fruit other than the apples that I ate, since I started this whole thing. I get to eat meat tomorrow and Saturday! YAY! haha. I can't wait. I could barely pick up a 50 lb bag of chicken feed at the store yesterday, I need the animal protein.
But in all of this, I've found that I don't like fruit that much. Ugh, its hard to find stuff I like. I like cooked fruit like peach cobblers and cherry pies and apple turnovers and stuffed baked apples, but raw fruit isn't as good! If you notice all those cooked fruit things are terrible for you! hahaha. Thats just how I like to eat! As does everyone else, but I just can't anymore. There are probably healthier alternatives and I'm going to find them!
Maybe I'll start sharing the healthier recipes that I find.

Lisa, yeah you say you love Gone Woth The Wind now, just imagine going to my moms house and sharing that bit of info with her! She would light up and say YAY CONE SEE MY GWTW ROOM!!! :D then you would see her room of plates and all kinds of posters and decor, then she would say lets play trivia!!!! And she would win bc I *THINK* that she studies the cards in between playing the game lol. Then she has a trivia book too lol. One time she invited Leo and I over and we watche the movie (Leo thought it was over at intermission haha), then she's like let's play trivia! And she spanked us!!!!!

I also like chicken in a biscuit...I want goldfish so bad now you guys! Or cheez it's! I'm sad.
Congrats to your boys Jenny! :) love the pic they are too adorable!

Lisa, that´s right it´s the 5-2 diet, if you eat loads of veggies and fruit on your 2 days then you can probably do it and if it´s only two days, you can make up your calories on the other. They say that the days you eat little, your body starts to use up the fat supplies. I was thinking of having a go to see how it feels. I could do with losing a few pounds as well.

Katie, I was scouring the shelves at that supermarket today and there are absolutely no goldfish...I am gutted and am missing them. They did have some Pepperidge farm cookies but I didn´t get them...they were 144 calories per cookie....wow, that is just tooo much so I´ll pass for now. They did look really good though.

Oh Jenny, I think you had a good excuse. They did look gorgeous and I´m not a great biscuit fan but I´m sure I´d have had to eat more than one so if I don´t have them in the house, I can´t give in to temptation. then again, when I go back to their store, I may look again haha.

Hahaha. I feel like I could definitely do the 5-2 diet, after the cleanse I've been doing this week! I don't know how many calories I've been eating each day, I've actually been scared to count because its on the low low end.
But its shocking to the system when you're used to eating a regular 2000 calorie a day diet, not that I ate that anyway. But even as bad as my eating habits are, I've been SO hungry this week I guess because I'm having to eat more so my metabolism has been boosted and I've cut out processed sugar and soda and coffee creamer which is like food. haha. And most of the food I've been eating has been filler free so its like eating nothing with a side of nothing and water. haha.

I would love a big fat cookie! hahaha. Seriously though, can someone give me a cookie?

It is easier to not have certain foods around. There are some foods that I like so much that I just can't have them around. Cadbury mini eggs, these raspberry chocolate covered jelly sticks, Lindt milk chocolate truffles, 3 musketeers mint and dark chocolate candy bars, if I have any of these around, I'll eat them til I'm sick, which is why I almost never buy them. Notice the chocolate theme. Yes I LOVE chocolate :)

Edited to add: Keep this in mind when only eating veggies. My 4 oz baby bunny ate a whole head of green leaf lettuce a day. THAT'S how much of it is just water. So basically with most veggies, you are having lots of water with a little bit of nutrition.

Last edited:
Jenny, like most of those although I´m not a chocaholic and can eat a little bit and then put away but I do love Cadbury´s crème eggs and I also like Yorkie buttons and Wispa bits. I love savoury, I bought a packet of hot and chilli peanuts today and they are absolutely gorgeous, I have to stop myself eating the whole bag haha.

Houdini is getting more adventurous, if that´s possible, and now spends loads of time jumping up and down off the sofa. He is just so funny as I have to stop him digging and pulling, he did that with my t shirt the other night and I now have ventilation at the front lol. But he will let me pet him and touch him without running away so that´s real progress.

He also goes mad for craisins...when I get the bag out he is climbing up my leg to get hold of it...although they all come running for their treat.

I bought a lot of goldfish at the store! I was munching on them on the way home! They were so good!
Wow, Houdini is so adventurero!!!!!
I need to buy some craisins for these buns over here, doubt Phoebe will like them though, she doesn't like apple, carrot, banana!!! CRAZY RABBIT!

Still can´t get hold of the goldfish and I´m really missing them.

Yes, try Phoebe on the craisins, I´m sure she´ll like them. That is so weird her not liking banana, I thought all buns liked bananas...mine don´t like carrot that much or apple but they all adore their craisins.

I sure will. I hope she isn't going to be a picky eater, so far she loves most veggies she has tasted! :) how are the buns doing this weekend?

Monty's a weirdo. She doesn't like the orange part of carrot, zucchini, or cucumber. Not that I think she NEEDS to like those, it's just stuff I have little extra bits of that she could have instead of us throwing it away, but she doesn't like them :p She gladly disposes of the "butts" of lettuces, dandelion bunches, and kale ribs. I love that we can add some things to her salad instead of throwing so much away.

She has definitely taken a liking to apples finally. :p
vnlbfr.jpg

Ellie doesn't like carrots. Not in the least. If I put carrots in her dish, she will ignore it until it gets wrinkly. haha. She likes apples enough, but she likes strawberries more. I always split my strawberries butts up between her and the chickens.

Denise, thinking about it, Bandy and snowy will eat a little bit of grated carrot, I usually give them the bits left over when I make a carrot cake. I try and sprinkle it over their veggies like cheese. They aren´t too picky but they may eat a bit of apple or pear but they don´t go crazy over it like they do with banana. I´ve tried them on strawberries but Bandy ate a little bit but the other two not interested.

I suppose they are just like us, just some things they don´t take to.

Caught Snowy nearly helping himself to the craisins earlier. Luckily, I caught him just in time.

This is just one fluffy butt.

And Houdini taking a look out of the window...he could the kids playing outside.

Ash loves carrots! He ate a piece the first time he sniffed it. He would probably eat 10 of them if he could :p. But there are some vegetables he doesn't like. He doesn't like broccoli or collard greens. So yes, I agree, bunnies are kind of like us, they eat some foods and others they don't.

I loved the new pics! The one of Snowy helping himself with crasiens is too funny! Its lucky you caught him in time! Naughty bunny!

Bandy's fluffy butt is so funny! He is so fluffy. He is a lamb chop. :)

Haha, Houdini looking out the window is funny. He's probably thinking, why can't I go out there and play too? lol. :)

Yeah I have yet to figure out what Tucker likes as far as treats go... GusGus will rip craisins out of my hands but Tucker isn't too crazy for them. He had eaten one or two but it had to sit there for him to take it.. And ontop of that he left one there for a while so I am assuming they aren't his thing... Even bits of carrot he isn't too crazy over. Though he'll nom up carrots when I cut them up and give him them. I have given him the top of strawberry and he ate it but it took him a while. He wasn't crazy about it.. It's hard because I'd love to find a treat he likes so I can train him. I haven't tried him with much fruit, just the strawberry top.. GusGus so far is a piggy who will eat anything. I did make homemade bunny treats and Tucker is a sucker for those! Like rips them out of my hand but they're too big for training.. Next time I'm gunna make them tiny for him haha too hard to break up.

Your boys are so adorable! I love the fluffy butts!! How old are they all now?

We really need to stop all this food talk, I've been really good about not snacking lately, but then I come on here and want snacks after reading about goldfish crackers and chocolates and spicy peanuts! Luckily, or unluckily, I have no snacky foods in my kitchen at the moment. I made myself only use a basket instead of a cart last time at the store, really cut down on items I don't really need. But I could go for a snack right now, hahaha.

I'm glad to hear Houdini is coming out of his shell a bit more! So funny about your shirt with "ventilation," hahaha. I would be super mad if one of the buns ruined some of my clothes! Dora ruined a zippered hoodie I have by nibbling holes in the front, but now it's just my general rabbit sweater. And I kind of like the holes because they remind me of how much she liked chewing the zipper on that darn thing!

Latest posts

Back