The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgan, yes I always though he was a nethie as he and Snowy arrived together so I assumed they were brothers but colouring is nothing like. Then I thought he might be a polish but I just love his little grump face so I do think he´s a nethie. I just love the way their mouths turn downwards.

Michelle, spunk wise I think it has to be Houdini, he´s a little sod sometimes, he´s just bitten me when I went in his cage to put him food out. I always forget I have to be careful as he has done it before. Probably because I forget that it is his cage and just put my hand in...god I´d forgotten after the chin bit how much it hurts owwww. Snowy however is sometimes a bit grumpy and when I see him fighting with Houdini, he definitely gives as good as he gets but he´s never bitten me seriously.

Bandy is just a cuddly, laid back fluff ball. He has never lunged or grunted, the other two grunt when they don´t like something, and he just gets on with the other two no problem. He doesn´t groom the others but they both love to groom him. I tell you, if you had it on his own, sometimes you wouldn´t even know he´s there he´s so quiet. However, his binkies are great, he sort of jumps up in the air on all fours and can he jump. I must try and get a video some time. That was just hair after a quick brush. I am sure that if I managed to keep him on me for longer, I could knit a jumper with what he sheds lol.

It´s difficult to pick a favourite because they all are so different, all different personalities. Just thinking that if I said that to a non bun person, they´d look at me a bit strange. But when you have more than one or have had more than one, they are all such individuals. I think that what others don´t get. They see those traits in dogs and cats but don´t think of buns that way like we do.

Here is is on the rug...not a great picture but that is one furball of a bun.

2013-01-04230910_zpsa39b8d09.jpg

Im jealous at all the seafood/fish you can get there. I bet it is so fresh and delicious. You can imagine the limit I have here in Iowa ( which is located smack dab in the middle of the states in case you didn't know) with no close ocean/sea. I always eat up seafood when I'm on the coasts :)

That is alot of fur looks just like Agnes ring now because she's molting. As far as her eyes and trimming, funny you should ask because I was just wondering if I should trim her. I have NO idea how she sees :) there is a fluff of fur that hangs down in front of her eyes and it makes me want to clip it back, haha. But, I trimmed her fur below her chin forever ago. She had gotten something stuck in it and I couldn't comb it out. It was just a little trim but I can still see where I did it and it drives me crazy so it makes me hesitant to trim her again.......?

Yeah Im darn to Bandy too :) they are ALL handsome but there is something about hismwhite fluffy fur :)

Btw, how did you comment between photos? I thought the last time I posted pics I couldn't do that anymore......?

I always put comments between photos, I´ve always been able to so not sure how.

Yes, I sometimes want to take the scissors to him but I saw a bunny in a shop window not long and I think they´d been trimming his fur cos it was all uneven and I don´t want my little boy to have a bad haircut lol. I read somebody has shaven their.....aaarrgghhh, I´d be terrified in case I made a mess. I sometimes have to clip matts off his fur as it´s terrible around his bottom as he just won´t stay still for me to do it although he is so good and never bites or scratches just struggles like hell and I´m terrified he´ll injure himself. He´s such a little softy that you can´t help but love him. I´m looking across the room at them now and I can see his little face staring across at me, he´s resting inside the wooden house.

They are all so different. I have a strop on with Houdini today as he bit my hand this morning although part of it was my fault as I put my hand in his cage from the wrong side but it still hurts like heck, that´s the second time he´s bitten me in two weeks. I have a little scar on my chin now.

The others are not biters, they´re nippers. Bandy always makes me laugh as when I try to groom him, he doesn´t like it and when I let go of him sometimes he has a dig at my pants and then nips me as though he´s getting back at me for doing that to him. Snowy loves digging my clothes when he´s sitting with me but sometimes he´s biting the clothes and bites me...wow that does hurt.

I wish I´d have had a camera handy last night as Houdini was trying to jump from their cardboard box onto the dining room chair. The box was a bit further away than normal and he ended up hanging on the chair by his front paws like Tom Cruise when he was hanging off that rock in one of the Mission Impossible films. He was actually trying to get up on the chair but eventually fell off...I was laughing my socks off, he´s such a little devil.

I thought I´d lost these photos and I was looking for something else and have found them...hurray. These are the real baby photos of Houdini and Snowy and I just love them as Houdini does some real DBF´s even on his back...I´d forgotten they were so tiny at that time...makes me look at them now and see how much they´ve grown. Here is a real CUTENESS overload :heartbeat:
2012-01-30222520_zps06d9c499.jpg

The ears at the back are Snowys
2012-01-30221251_zpsd211ed33.jpg

I´d forgotten that this is how they used to fall asleep on me...they were always on the sofa then.
2012-01-30221221_zps2745c8f8.jpg

2012-01-30221624_zps6da149ff.jpg

And this is Houdini with his very large water bottle
2012-01-29144255_zps9118fb76.jpg

Holy nosebonks how cute are these!!!!!!!

I'm in love with the second one from the bottom because you can see his sweet little pink lips. Oh gosh, that's to die for. You need to see if you can zoom in just on his little face and lips. That would be an adorable photo!!:heartbeat:

Still has that same little mouth....

2013-01-07203836_1_zpsbd2c6eda.jpg

Here he is before

HoudiMcDoudi_zpsb561654b.jpg

And a few more of the baby photos I´ve uncovered
2012-01-31192805_zps85db2d3c.jpg

Bunnies_zps8af273d3.jpg

I think I´ve posted this one before but I just love it.
Houdini_zps70cc09e0.jpg

And we can´t forget Snowy
2012-02-02171252_zpsa46e71d6.jpg

His mouth!!! Eeeek! I think it has to be the pink lips against the dark around his mouth.

I can't get over it :)

I just love that little mouth and it´s always been like that. I look at these photos and can´t believe how tiny they were back then, can´t believe nearly a year has passed since I got them, on 27th of this month...wow, how time flies.

Oh my gosh, those baby pictures of Houdini and Snowy are adorable! I just love Houdini's little feetsies sticking up in the air. I used to have a few bunnies that would nap like that, and it was always so funny to see.

My Baby is a biter. I think she gets really nervous about me messing around at all in her cage, so I have to either wear gloves or be really careful. But it's only in her cage that she's so bad. When I'm holding her she is a huge snuggler. She just nestles right down in my arms and enjoys being petted.

Houdini sounds just like my Toby. Tons of energy and always finding a way to get into trouble :)

Jenny, I thought I´d lost these but found them hidden in a folder on my laptop so just had to share. Yes, Houdini used to nap like that quite a lot when he was tiny, now he doesn´t stay still for two minutes. He´s been a bit nervous the last few days and bit me yesterday when I put my hand in his cage to feed him...boy, I´d forgotten how painful it is. It was probably my fault for sticking my hand straight in there but he´s usually OK with that. Anyway, I´ll be more careful now. He´s become a bit cage agressive with all the change over Christmas, I´m hoping he´ll settle down. He´s the only one who seems to have been changed by the whole thing. But, he´s still his inquisitive self and normal otherwise.

Snowy is my cuddler, he´s a little snuggle bun and Bandy let me groom him for quite a while yesterday, that´s a first, got loads of hair of him, that is one furry bunny.

I know! Those little teeth hurt!!! Maybe it's the disruption of the routine that has him cranky and a little off, and now that it's all back to normal, he'll get settled again.

Ok, those pics of yours makes me want to go look through my old photos to see if I have any good ones of my previous rabbits :) Here's a pretty cute one. It's only from a few months ago. It's of Toby as a 2 week old baby. It's kind of funny cause Toby as a baby, was the most relaxed and totally flopped right out wherever he was, and now he's the most hyper, just like Houdini.

IMAG0588 (1024x612).jpg

Last edited:
Chris, your pictures of the boys as babies, how adorable! They looked so comfortable. I wish Ellie would be like that with me! hahaha.

Ellie nips me, a lot. I don't know why she does it. But she digs on my pants then nips me. Maybe she doesn't like my pants. But she didn't like the shirt I had on the other night. She nipped my back several times while I was sitting in the floor. It hurts. Foo bit me and did serious damage and it hurt SO bad! You'd think with all the hay they eat to wear their teeth down, it would dull them a bit. But no, I think it makes them more sharp. hahaha.

PS. Jenny, Toby is so cute!

Jenny, he´s is just so gorgeous, he´s so tiny and yes, just like Houdini, he was a little cuddlebun when he was tiny but now he´s so independent, it´s like he´s doing you a favour if he decides to groom you or spend time with you. He never sits still now and I don´t think he´s sat with me for any length of time since those baby pictures.

I think in some ways they are all nippers but it´s not a deliberate thing as when Snowy is climbing all over me, he likes to rearrange my clothes and as he picks up the material, if I¨ve only got one layer on, he can nip you without meaning to an it hurts like hell. So now, I always wear two layers in the house to prevent this happening. The same happens with all of them, they dig and pull and rearrange and nip. I am always amazed at how sharp their teeth are, you´d think all that hay and other food would blunt them but they are razor sharp. Well, just think how quick they can cut through a cord when your head is turned.

Have just been looking at FB and I have a couple of rescue sites which post on there and which I share.

I came across this photo which I´d seen ages ago and couldn´t find and here it was tonight. We´ve been talking about giant bunnies but this one is enormous. Apparently, it´s a Japanese bunny

Bigbun_zps4eca980b.jpg

I saw this photo ages ago and I absolutely love it. This rabbit was actually in the rescue, I am sure he wasn´t in there even for hours. He looks as though he´s smiling for the camera. This is such a feel good photo. How can anyone not love bunnies.

Cutiepie_zps8d42abe5.jpg

And lastly on a sad note, one of my exes magician friend has just lost his bunny assistant. I was gutted to hear it and it turns out that she ate some flower she shouldn´t and which he knew was that but wasn´t flowering and she died. I was so angry. If you know you have a plant that she may eat and which may kill her, get rid of it. What a senseless way to go. She was lovely and I think now looking at her again, she may actually have been Bandy´s sister as they used to get their bunnies from the same supplier so it is possible and looking at her again, she does look really similar in the face and has that same thick fur. This is the best photo I could find and she´s with their dog which is smaller than her.I hope she´s now binkying across the bridge, a happy, carefree little girl. RIP Pelusa.

Pelusa_zps82097355.jpg

Okay cute picture alert!!!!

Jenny, oh my word, Toby in your hand like that.....seriously made me "awww" out loud!

And then Chris, is that huge bunny real? It almost looks photo shopped or fake or something. Wow. That is a huge rabbit.
The bunny smiling is just too cute for words too. I've realized with the pics on your blog I really love buns mouths.

Pelusa was a lovely gal and what a sad way to go :(

That is so sad about the magic bunny! Binky free! I would also bet that she is Bandy's sister. (As im typing this i can see my chickens through the window, migrating back to their coop for the night. How majestic) Sorry for the side track, haha.

Thetwo other buns are adorable!

Lisa, yes I´m sure that picture is real, this bunny, if you can call it that, was up for rescue some time ago. It´s absolutely huge.

The smiley bunny is just so cute, it´s just the pose and everything. I just love bunny mouths as well. Mine have just been nomming on banana and their little pink mouths scoffing away are just too much. Wish I could really get someone to take a good video of it as it´s so funny.

Poor Pelusa, when he told me yesterday, I was so annoyed as I remember when I got mine, I had two house plants which I hadn´t thought of and the first day they started smelling around them, I checked if they were Ok and had to take them both out of the room. The peace lily I had is not on the terrace and the other plant (not sure what it it but dídn´t want to take a risk) is in the hallway. So I was annoyed that you have a bunny and know the plant is dangerous for them but don´t remove it or put a barrier up so she can´t get to it. Sorry I´m ranting but this was so unnecessary and I hate to think that she suffered.

Lol, Toby doesn't sit still anymore either! He went from a sleepy lazy baby, to a hyperactive tornado of a juvenile. These hyper buns of ours are just little bundles of nonstop energy :)

Awww, that bunny smiling is soooo cute! I just have buns with grump faces, haha.

Latest posts

Back