The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenny, ditto with Houdini, he went from a cute floppy baby to a hyper still super cute adult and he never stops for a minute, the other two are asleep somewhere and I can hear him up to no good as usual haha.

I just the bunny smiling photo, it just makes me feel so good looking at that cute little face. Not saying ours aren´t cute but just not as smiley :biggrin:

Was talking to the magician today whose bun died, little Pelusa. It turns out that she was Bandy´s sister, he bought her at the same time from the same shop, now I feel even worse after what´s happened, the poor little soul. He´s also now bought a new bunny so I have to post the photo, she is so cute. I´m not so pleased she´s gonna be pulled out of a box or a hat for the foreseeable future.
IMG-20130117-WA0000_zpsaa765b58.jpg

On another note, I went to Malaga today with a friend who needed to do some paperwork but doesn´t speak Spanish. As we were on our way back, a plane came into land and it flies right across the road above you and to the airport. I was trying to take a photo but cos of the delay, I ended up with a lovely photo of the supermarket. I had to laugh at my wonderful skills.

I also had to laugh when we stopped for a coffee and there was a note on the door advertising for staff, it said " Young waiter wanted, preferably gay"...I still can´t believe they wrote that advertising for staff- as they say, Spain is different lol.

Yes, i feel as though I´ve lost one of the family now...still can´t get over how she died. I can´t believe people are so thoughtless of what surrounds their buns. If I´m not sure if a plant is OK for them, I move it anyway, as they say, better to be safe than sorry.

The little one is lovely. I think probably the States is like the UK and there are strict rules on using live animals in shows. In Spain, we still have circuses with elephants, lions and the like. I actually noticed there was a big top set up in Malaga when we were on our way home so it´s still accepted here. I think when she´s not working, she´s in a family environment, Pelusa lived outdoors and was happy with other animals, you can see she was with the chihuaua but they just don´t see animals over here the same as we do so she probably eats the cheap muesli type food which is what mine came home with and she´ll probably get veggies but not often and the right type. I think we´re much more responsible with our pets and more informed as there are lots of places like this where you can talk about everything. That´s what I miss over here is that connection.

Haha i love that the advertisement said they wanted a gay waiter! How funny is that!

Lisa, are there even THAT many magicians here? I've never seen a magician and especially not one with a live rabbit. Its kind of strange to me. Are there a lot of magicians there?

That little baby is adorable. It sort of looks like Roo.

We still have circus's with live animals too. Lions, elephants and the like. Its horrible. There was an elephant born recently that will probably be given to the traveling elephant circus. The circus loaned the bull elephant to the zoo to breed and the zoo signed over every other calf the elephant fathers, or something like that. I don't think America cares as much as people like to think. I think that its all over the world that animals are mistreated.

Last edited:
Yes, the ad in the bar is hilarious...I´m just wondering what his duties will be lol.

Yes, there´s quite a few here as there are loads of tourist hotels which have shows for their guests. They had a magic festival here in December where magicians from all over Spain came to participate. And yes, quite a few of them use live animals, either rabbits or doves. They also celebrate loads of communions her around May and magicians are quite popular there to entertain the kids. I used to hate them only because they all wanted to pet the little rabbit and it used to scare the hell out of them and I was terrified they´d drop the poor thing. I hope she has a good and happy life even if she´s in show business.

She´s just so tiny and yes, it does remind me a bit of Roo.

Morgan you are probably right I don't think we have that many magicians. Although my dad recently moved into an independent living/assisted living community. Ironically, the entertainment the other night was a magician! I asked my dad if the magician was a cheesy type who would perform at kids bdays or something? My dad said actually no, he was a decent magician with some great tricks. But of course no rabbit out of a hat.
Chris, we do have circuses with elephants and lions here. In fact, took my son to one last year and i felt horrible for the animals involved :( however, with that being said I think we do have some laws in place about the use of live animals. Just not sure exactly what they are. It's tough because im sure there ARE cases where an entertainer loves his animal costar and treats him/her with respect and love, but just like anything else the bad egg ruins it for the rest.

You are so right Lisa, there are people that make sure their animals live comfortably and are treated with love and respect and others who don´t give a ****. I just feel sometimes that when they use rabbits in these kind of shows, it must be quite frightening with all the lights and the noise so not sure I´m in favour of it.

Here´s another one of the new magic bun, she´s just adorable. He says in the message he sent with it that it´s Pelusa´s daughter so that would make her Bandy´s niece so to speak lol.

Babybun_zpscd8f5b37.jpg

She's such a cutie! She does look a bit like Roo. I guess that would be her hotot genetics coming through. Well, now you know for sure that Bandy is definitely part hotot.

I want to be a magician. I wonder if Ellie would be good with being pulled out of a hat? haha. I should google some magic tricks to learn.
Are the magicians in Spain good? Now, I'm like super fixated with magicians.

The ones I know and have seen are really good and it´s good how they set up the trick to get the rabbit to appear, I´ve been the assistant on occasions.I´ll see if I can download something for you from the people I know, maybe even one with a magic rabbit.

I love the new bunny and she´s so fluffy just like Bandy was. I don´t know her name yet but will let you now when I do.

Just looking for the first few episodes of Parenthood, I´ll let you know when I´ve seen them.

If he does that, I´ll be boxing his ears. Actually, they usually make them appear out of a silver dish with a lid on so they open it the first time and the buns not there and then they open it again and it´s little head pops out. Or they used a box and it´s the same thing; they show it empty and then suddenly there is the little bun. I told all of them that they are never to pick up a rabbit by its ears as it´s painful for them so I haven´t seen any of them do that.

Just looking at some cute photos I took last night and this afternoon. Wish I could catch Houdini doing his 500s but there´s not much chance of that, he´s far too fast.

I caught this one last night after they´d finished eating and were cuddled up, they are look so relaxed.

20130118_005300_zps7f6eb75c.jpg

Houdini and Bandy were cuddling last night, they looked so sweet together. Bandy was sticking his head under Houdini for some grooming as usual:

20130117_214733_zps3fdb0122.jpg

I´m so glad that they´ve all got someone to cuddle with even though the two of them are still not buddies again but I´m thinking of working on it again next week as I just needed a rest from it all and it hasn´t been too bad letting them out separately, they´ve been quite good about it. I love it when they fall asleep together like that and when they spend time together, they are little cuddle buns with each other but no so much with me although they do have their moments.

They are all completely different, people who aren´t bunny people just don´t understand that. They all have their little routines and quirks and special things they do. I don´t really have a favourite, there are some days when I love one more than the other mostly because they´re misbehaving but I couldn´t imagine having to make a choice between any of them.

Thank goodness you have Bandy being nice to the other two. Him and Snowy look so sweet, all snuggled together. And I love Houdini's cute little grump face. I'm very familiar with it, as all my buns have a grump face, lol, and some are actually grumps to go along with the face :)

Bandy is such a quiet, laid back bun but sometimes quite skittish although he´s now happy to let me groom him which makes things much easier and love stroking all the way down his back, he´s got such silky fur and he seems to like it. He does keep them both happy. Snowy and him stay together so they always cuddle up at night, I could watch them for hours. Houdini is my little grump, he´s a bit stand offish now but will come to me when I´m sitting on the sofa and if I´m on the floor. He´s such an inquisitive little devil, gets into everything.

Sunday morning so just about to start on cleaning their cages, I love it when it´s all nice and clean and orderly but it won´t stay that way for long.

I was just thinking of doing a deep cleaning on the buns condo too. I usually clean it on Monday's but Agnes is molting so now instead of Archies fur collecting in the corners, it's hers. But I agree it looks so nice right after but barely stays that way :)
Glad Bandy will let you groom him. Agnes is easy to groom too she's so chill about most things but Archie HATES it. I have to hold him down and then I get dirty looks from him the rest of the day!

I always try and keep it to a Sunday as then I´m prepared, I like to listen to the local radio when I´m doing it.

The amount of hair I collect each day is tremendous. I´ve now got a bag I´m saving it in, just to look how much I collect a week. Glad he´s now sort of Ok with grooming, he´s not totally laid back but lets me do it for a good while now and he´s stopped nipping my knee at the end just to show he´s a bit annoyed about the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back