The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is making a whining noise when you turn, its probably your power steering fluid, it might just be a little low.

I've gotten out of the bed many times before to check on the animals to make sure nothing is wrong. When we first moved into this house, Foo lived in a really small cage in the living room because the kitchen was FREEZING. I had had a mishap a few months before with another rabbit and that same cage, so I was super paranoid about that cage. I would wake up and check her like 30 times a night, I was also pregnant and completely insane; but still. Then later when she moved cages and into the kitchen, I would still check her at least once a night. I would put her to bed then check her again. I do the same thing to Ellie. Like last night, I put her to bed, checked on her before I went to bed 5 minutes later. Then I heard something go bump in the night and I came downstairs to check her again, haha. Sometimes I have a hard time.

I'm glad the boys got on well today!

Your buns are adorable! :) Only got to read a little and have to catch up later! But they are so cute! Loving their adventures and really thinking about getting Braxy and Blake started on their own little bunny blog!

Shelby, have just been reading your post about his recovery after the neuter, that´s such good news, it´s always a worry when they go for surgery but great when they bounce back. My boys do keep me really busy but I just love their company and can´t imagine life without them now. I would encourage you to do a blog for your boys, it´s great just putting it all down on there for you to look back at and remember as well and I just reading all the adventures of the RO buns.

Morgan, it´s amazing what I wake up remembering and checking, the buns, work, have I turned this off or that off....

I hate you all. last night, I totally coughed up for a real king cake - it's due to arrive on Friday. the best deal I could find was from http://www.shopsucre.com/king-cakes.html - about $33 including 2-day shipping (most places, the only option is overnight shipping). I'll let you guys know if it's as good as it had better be for that price! I haven't had a real new orleans king cake in over a decade.

Jennifer, did you order it from New Orleans?
I ate a real one from a New Orleans bakery like 2 years ago. Like I said, my dad's girlfriend is Cajan and her mom came up from NO and brought a cake with her. It was beautiful and SO freaking good!

Jennifer, it looks so good, I´m sure it will taste fantastic. Actually, looks similar to ours but has a different topping....mmmm now I am hungry, breakfast time over here.

the colors of the sprinkles on the icing aren't normal. they're all pastel and shimmery. I don't like it, that's not what king cake is supposed to look like! I wasn't gonna order from somewhere else and pay an extra $7-15 for it to "look right" just because they got creative with the **** sprinkles, though.

and yes, I did order it from new orleans. I don't trust anybody in this godforsaken state to make a proper king cake - they can't even do crawfish right! they put the freaking seasoning on the OUTSIDE of the crawfish. what a bunch of morons. YOU DON'T EAT THE SHELL, GENIUSES! you put the seasoning IN the water when it's boiling so it soaks into the meat. also, they very much use the wrong seasonings. buy a god damned box of zatarains shrimp boil seasoning so it tastes right - that's how it's cooked in new orleans.

and now I want crawfish >.>

I can't wait for crawfish season to start, which isn't for like three months or something. the big HEB (grocery store) that's further from my house than the little one sells LIVE crawfish when they're in season, which means I can cook them myself and they actually taste right. I just need to look up how long you boil red potatoes and half ears of corn for, 'cause I don't remember. you boil a HUGE pot (like a soup pot) of water and put the bag of zatarains seasoning in (it's like a tea-bag type design, so it strains itself), then you put in whichever thing takes longest to cook. when it's time, you add the other thing. at the last minute, you dump in the live crawfish which have been rustling around in a big paper sack awaiting their tasty demise. ALL of it gets flavored in this nummy seasonings. then you drain the water out of the pot and dump the pot out onto spread out newspapers and get a bunch of napkins and that's a crawfish boil :D

I'm not really a fan of murdering my own dinner like that, but if you've ever tasted PROPER crawfish, perhaps you'll understand why I'll gladly dump a big bag of those suckers into a pot of boiling water and watch them instantly die. if they didn't want me to kill and eat them, they wouldn't taste so **** good.

Last edited:
Hey Chris! I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm back! I've missed you :) I can't wait to catch up on Houdini, bandy and snowy (wait, did I get their names right????) anyway, I've got alot of reading to do so we will catch up soon I'm sure!!!

Lisa, so good to see you back on here, I´ve you and of course, Agnes and Archie. I´ve now decided that Bandy has quite a bit of lionhead in him, Í just think he´s been growing in to it, if you look at the last photos, he´s now got quite a quiff and a lot of cheek hair, I just love his little cute face. Yes, you got the names right and you´ve missed a bit of drama over Christmas with the visit to my friend´s house and Houdini and Snowy falling out. I still haven´t got them back to normal but we´re getting there. Couldn´t take them with me so spent a lot less time with them and they spent a lot less time out and about.

Hope you update yours on all that´s been happening with Agnes and Archie, ohhh how I´ve missed them. :hugsquish:

Jennifer, its potatoes, corn then crawfish.
Now i want crawfish.
We do the same type of boil with shrimp, because crawfish are harder to find here. But we use the same spice pouch. Do you put the sausage in there?

I always get confused with the names of all these shellfish cos you call them one thing and we call them another. Are the crayfish, what we call langoustine. They´re the hard shelled things with the long claws ??

I always get confused with the names of all these shellfish cos you call them one thing and we call them another. Are the crayfish, what we call langoustine. They´re the hard shelled things with the long claws ??

Yes, crawfish/crayfish are the same as langoustine's. I just googled them and it said that langoustine's are the "most important crustacean of Europe".

Okay so I'm catching up on your blog too. Im just to the part where you posted pics of your friends Nativity scene and I am just STUNNED! I had to post really quick. That is gorgeous! I've always liked "miniatures" and mini details like that. At our local fair each year my favorite exhibit is the miniatures. They are enormous liken this scene and just full of detail. I could spend hours looking :)
And the trunk full of rabbit goodies....wowzer! I won't show Agnes and Archie so they don't feel like I don't indulge them enough.
And the pics of the views and the mountains. Wow. Looks like a postcard. I think my next vacation should be in Spain.
Okay off to read more..........

I looooove your blog. I'm fascinated with hearing about Spain and seeing the pics. Your life seems worlds away from mine ;) do you think you live in a "cool" place or are you used to it? Lol. I always wonder that........

And the food looks amazing! I loved the new years meal with the barnacles and the lamb and the baked goods (forget the name lol) you made. I love food and will literally try anything. I'm the least pickiest person ever. Those barnacles I would LOVE to try.

So how are your 3 guys now?? Geesh I hate hearing about buns bonds falling out! Tey are such complicated little creatures. I know and am very aware an environment change can shake up a bond but WHY in the heck does it!?!? How odd. Do bunnies say to each other, "this new room makes me want to bite you...and so I shall" I mean, crazy!

Im no good with trios and 3 boys at that. I know that's probably a different dynamic than my m/f pair. I will say though that you seem so patient and loving with them and they seem so happy so I think they will bond again. :) they have nothing to be crabby about! Lol oh and Bandy seems to have Angora in him maybe?? He might be Lionhead too but the pics seem to show a more angora like coat. He is beautiful! I love snowy basking in the sun. And Houdini balances their colors both out. All so handsome.

Well I've told my hubby that when we can afford it and we have a babysitter, our next vaycay should be in Spain. I'm still amazed by the pics.

So glad to have caught up on things but at the same time sad I've missed out on so much, I'm just glad to be back and can't wait to hear more!

Lisa, it´s so good to have you back on here, I´ve missed you and yours.

Yes, you tend to get a bit complacent cos they´re scenes you see all the time so you really get used to them. I must admit though on a gorgeous day when the sea is turquoise and I´m driving to Malaga and I see the bay and the mountains and the now, it still takes my breath away.

Food here is so good and loads of fresh, locally caught fish. I had swordfish today, I must admit I don´t eat enough fish and I ought to. It was so nice, just seasoned and grilled with some asparagus tips and caesar sauce..it was so nice. I thought crayfish were like our langoustines. Really funny but I picked some up at my friend´s house today as she had loads of frozen ones over from Christmas and the New Year. I wanted to try doing a stir fry with those and clams and samphire. I bought some samphire when I was in Gibraltar as I´ve never seen it in Spain but they´re always cooking with it in the UK on the cookery programmes, it´s the "in thing" there at the moment. I´ve been dying to try it so when I saw it, I had to buy it. However, hadn´t a clue what to do with it so went to the BBC website www.bbc.co.uk/food and found a recipe so I´m going to try it and I´ll let you all know how it tastes. Samphire grows on salt marshes, I think it´s a relative of ragwort so toxic to buns, i did have a look at that as I thought they might be able to eat it.

Boys are settling down and I´m certain that I can get them back to normal but it was such a shame and partly my fault as the first few days I was away, I housed them all together so they´d have company to cuddle at night and they weren´t used to that and obviously, there were some territorial issues. Anyway, I´m managing to juggle at the moment so all is OK. I do adore my little boys and can´t remember what life was like before I had them, my life revolves around them now and my spanish friend really laughs when I´m out shopping with here as I´m always looking for veggies for them. We were in the supermarket today and I wanted some carrots. I spent ages checking all the greens and eventually didn´t buy any as they weren´t fresh enough for my liking...carrots looked great, greens not so good. She did laugh at me.

Lisa, yes you could definitely house sit for me. I can´t go anywhere at the moment as I don´t have a bun sitter and there is no kenneling for them in this area so I´m a bit stuck. I must admit, I haven´t looked very hard but need to as I will have to go back to the UK at some point to see my mum and the rest of the family. It´s within easy distance here to Granada, Seville, Cordoba and only 2 1/2 hours by high speed train from Madrid.

Just wanted to post a couple of pics I took last night as Bandy loves going on the dining room chairs and I´d put a tablecloth on there as it keeps it cleaner. He was sticking his head out from under (I missed that one) and hopping from chair to chair. I got this one of his butt as he ran the other way.

They are all loving my little hay basket, worth the money I paid at the local cancer charity shop.

BandyButt_zpsdc82a423.jpg

Bandymunchy_zps4980600d.jpg

I just love the little feet sticking out!!! I'm glad you have hope for your boys getting back together! Bunny bonds are one of the toughest things that I don't think I will ever fully understand :p

Keep up with updates :) (and pictures!)

The picture of Bandy's feet are adorable! He looks like such a baby eating out of the hay box. What a little ball of fluff!

I'll come house sit for you! Gah, if I could only talk my husband into that! haha.

Ha! That video is pretty amazing. Also, they use and Ikea bag holder as a hay rack like I do! I'm about to rotate mine to be horizontal too...Monty has a new hobby of digging all of her hay out and then walking all over it :/ I discovered more recently that she digs when she can smell a seed head in the timothy hay and wants to get at it, so I have to separate them out. /rant

Back