The Stee's Stable

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahh..I knew one had a bit different eyes..I'll have to try and remember.

Cant wait to see more pics. Tumnus has the same ball and its so funnyhow they can pick it up and throw it around even though its about theirsame size :)

I just cant get enough ofyour bunnies, they're too cute! :inlove:

I got the other pics resized!

Psst. Jade. Why don't you just send Connor overhere? I'm still sad that Mocha hates them so much becausethey'd be so cute with Loki. Then I almost adopted a blackand white lop out of pity (and he was way cute!) because he'd been in ano-kill rescue for a year, but as soon as I worked up the courage hewas gone.:(

"Don't you dare touch me, or I swear to God you'll be missing a hand!"

3zbyosy.jpg

"But I'll throw toys for you if you fetch them. Fetch, human, fetch!"
2e541zt.jpg

And a random cute pic of Lily.
2i8zouf.jpg

Kitten update!

I've been working a little on introducing the kittens andbunnies. Eve and Lily just finished their antibiotics lastnight, so here's hoping the URIs don't come back and I'll be able tocontinue introducing them.

Sometimes I take Lily out of her room, hold her in my lap, and let thebunnies check her out. Fey and Sprite are pretty shy, butLoki seems to like her a lot and is loosing his shyness. He'll hop upto her and sniff her nose now. Mocha is not sure what tothink of the kittens yet.

I have also been letting both kittens in to the bunny room forsupervised visits when the pens are closed. Eve is more shyof the rabbits than Lily and won't always go near the penwalls. Lily goes right up to the walls but backs off a littleif a rabbit comes near. She's let Loki and Fey sniff her nosepretty closely. When there's no bunny near, Lily likes topoke their toys with her paw and dip her paws in their waterbowls. Mocha's been pretty good. She's starteddoing a little aggressive posturing but she seems very pleased thatboth kittens back off immediately and act submissive.Sometimes she runs over to them and lowers her ears. Theyback off and she hops away looking relaxed and somewhathappy. It's not like with Fey and Sprite where she'll glareat them and try to fight with them.

So it's time for pictures!

Loki is very friendly with the kittens. At the shelter there were cats in his room so he's probably more used to them.
4d62yxg.jpg

Fey works up the nerve to check Lily out while Eve watches from a safer distance.
2yzd8pv.jpg

And some cute kitten pictures with a peacock feather. Hobby Lobby, 12 for $7!:D

2h2nw4i.jpg

Lily demonstrating why her first feather is nearly dead after only two weeks.
2ij2r6o.jpg

naturestee wrote:
"But I'll throw toys for you if you fetch them. Fetch, human, fetch!"
2e541zt.jpg
Hmm, Fiona is thinking maybe they're soul mates or something...

She has that same idea, lol.

The kitten/bunnypics are just too cute!Isn't it fun to observewhilethey figure outwhether or not the other is"buddy material"? :)

Yup! Although Mocha's recently decidedthat she doesn't like kittens outside her cage and has been smackingLoki in the nose because of it.:rollseyes I'll have to getthat harness for Eve so I can introduce them in the living room insteadof right outside the pen, which Mocha is very territorial about.

Loki likes Halloween. He even kisses the pumpkins!
4fz5wg9.jpg

What the heck is this?
4c07e38.jpg

Is this a tunnel?
42sz6lx.jpg

Need I say more?
2hrljcz.jpg

And James wonders why I made a screaming jack-o-lantern!
29wvm6h.jpg

And a random disapproving (and mole-like) pic of Mocha.
2yuwuhi.jpg

I think it's time for some kitten picturestoo. They're getting big, although Lily doesn't seem to begrowing much any more. Eve is huge and very...Siamese/Oriental. I always wanted one!:D

I've been letting the kittens meet the bunnies while they are onharnesses. Mostly just with Fey and Sprite because Mochaseems pretty mad at them. Fey likes them a lot, and if it wasjust Fey and Lily I think I could trust them with my backturned. Sprite is a little unsure and sometimesthumps. Eve used to try to run over and play with them, butshe's learned that it's not appropriate.

Lily loves her scratching post and likes to balance on the top!
4g5mz3q.jpg

Death to the bear!
35d20ox.jpg

Lily looking regal (very recent, this is what she looks like right now).
29l0974.jpg

49jikug.jpg

Eve is very slender and muscular.
2wmkn6u.jpg

Stalking her prey in the wilds of the kitchen.
2eouqh5.jpg

307rbdd.jpg

Wonderfull pictures of cuteness!I cantbelieve how much the kittens have grown! But they stillhavent outgrown their tags :D

I cant believe its halloween soon :shock:I will have to start carving a pumpkin soon!

Good luck at the introductions! Sounds like they are doing great!

Love the new pics! I was thinking it was about time for a Stee update!

Love this one:

2yuwuhi.jpg

She looks like a groundhog or something! Very cute!

Oh my! I've missed so many pictures! Where have I been? Lol...

Anyway, LOVE the buns' reactions to the Halloween stuff...how cute!

And love watching the kittens grow and change. I love seeinghow lean and beautiful Eve is, and seeing Lily's colors become moredefined. Is it me, or is Eve's black getting more rich as shegrows older? I love seeing how regal and beautiful they arebecomming! :)

What cuties you have! :)

Our kitties can't help but smile in seeing younger kitties growing up. :)

42ssk1g.jpg

Hi Rosie!

Actually, Eve's tabby markings seem to be growing more defined, theyjust don't show up in pictures well. I think she looks moreblack now because her fur is gorgeous, instead of shabby and scruffylike it was when we adopted her. Same goes for Lily- she feltwoolly when we first got her. Plus I changed theirdry food a few weeks ago (Eukanuba to Chicken Soup) and Eve's fur wentfrom nice to amazing!

And you can't see it in the pictures, but the kittens are gettingbig. Eve's friggin' huge and she just keepsgrowing! My scale isn't accurate, but they're both largerthan 5 lb Loki now.

And yes, those tags are huge. I think I might get tiny oneswith just our phone number and the word "microchipped" on them and puttheir microchip tags (yellow plastic) and their city licences away.

Aargh! I called the vet yesterday tomake an appointment for Lily because she's getting pudgy and having gasissues, and what does she do that afternoon? GETS ANOTHERURI! Thank goodness she had an appointment already.Poor girl's all stuffed up and wheezes when she breathes. Sonow she's on a strict diet (and Eve is going to be getting extra mealsbecause she needs far more food than Lily), she has differentantibiotics from the first time, and a dewormer just in case worms hadbeen missed in the fecal tests.

So I have a fat kitten and a skinny kitten. :sigh

Can I have healthy kitties please?

aww sorry to hear about the kitties!

I feel the same way you do...the vet bills justdrain myspending money! Heres hoping everything goes well and you can get theselittle ones healthy. Theyre very lucky to have such a good mommy!

Latest posts

Back