The Stee's Stable

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. A whole month and I haven'tposted pictures of the rabbits? Well, I have been really busywith the new job, adopting kittens, and caring for the sicklykittens. Hopefully they'll stay healthy now.

The only real update I have is that Loki's eye is looking great since Istarted the eye ointment treatment. I wish he had gotten thatthe first time, but the vet insisted that there wasn't anyinfection.:sigh Anyway, he's done with that for now and hiseye looks totally normal now, no runny tears anymore. And inthe last month he's finally learned how to jump up on the couch, whichmakes me a very happy bunny mommy. He's still shy about it, Iguess he feels a little exposed up there. But sometimes he'llsit next to me and let me pet him.

First up, bunny pics! I only have new pics of Mocha and Loki at the moment.

100_2028a.jpg

100_2029a.jpg

100_2032a.jpg

And I've decided that I should put the kittenpictures in this thread too. They're getting so big, and theygot their first collars last Sunday! We actually had to sewthem smaller because they're still too little for any of the safetycollars I can find. Their tags look so big on them!I want to get these little rectangular tags that fit over the collarand don't dangle.

The original thread about them plus a whole bunch of kittie pics is here:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15078&forum_id=5
I'll still update it with stories about bunny and kitten bonding.

Oh, and this week's medical problem for the kittens wascoccidea.:rollseyes: Poor Lily's belly was all swollen (shegot so big that James asked if she could be pregnant, he didn't knowthat they take the uterus out with the spay), and after the medsstarted she's been inflating/deflating several times a day from gas(vet said it was caused by the coccidea). She looks goodtoday and her belly seems to be normal so hopefully she's in theclear. They're completely done with meds for everything nowand I really hope it stays that way. At least they're reallyused to a lot of handling now. If they stay healthy, we'llstart introducing them to the rabbits.

I finally got some really good pics of Lily, so here they are!
100_2110a.jpg

100_2096a.jpg

100_2094a.jpg

Aww...kitties squishing in boxes...I love thosetimes!! When we buy a BOX of Eggo waffles, we always give our(much bigger than the box) kitties the box, and love watching them tryto squish into it. What fun times!! :)

Now having bunnies, I find that they love playing in the boxes,too! What fun...you should see the look on our Hobbes' facewhen they go into the box. He gets a tad offended, as if tosay, "HEY!! That's MY box!!" And then he getsexcited and they end up playing a little. It's so adorable...

I don't know how Lily gets in and out of that box. The opening isn't even big enough for Mocha to get into.

Haley, most of their meetings with bunnies have been while they were ina carrier or sometimes while we're holding them. Sometimesone of them will dash out the door of their room while the buns are out(they're put in the computer room so the bunnies can play), and usuallywhat happens is they see the buns and instantly lay down in a watchfullbut submissive position. When we hold them and sit on thefloor and let the bunnies approach, the kittens act afraid.Which sounds good to me. As long as they don't think thebunnies are food.

Jess, thanks for the complement! I was trying to match theircollars.:) Eve is about 3-3.5 months and Lily is about 5months. When they were both brought to the vet for the firstappointment, Eve weighed only one oz less than Lily. Eve wasalso growing so fast that she put on 15 oz in twoweeks!:shock: While Lily seem somewhat undersized for herage, although her other littermates at the shelter looked about thesame size so she'll probably just be a small cat.

I love when people match colors to coat colors:) She does look pretty small! All we've ever hadare giantmonsters of cats, so I wouldn't recognize a small cat even if I sawone, lol. Our current tabby, Trey, is about 15 pounds... and he's notreally overweight at all.

Yeah, my parents cat Scooter was twice her sizeat this age. He was 13 lbs in his prime with massive bonestructure. Even Stowaway (their other cat) was bigger at thisage and he was 10 lbs in his prime. Now he's starting to getan old man belly.;)

I'd guess Lily is about 4 lbs or so at 5+ months of age.

Argh! Why can't my kittens gethealthy? Not only did Eve's URI come back on Monday afteronly a few days off antibiotics, but Lily is having trouble breathingand sounds snotty. The vet thinks she had Eve's URInow. At least Eve acts healthy, but Lily feels prettybad.:sigh

Agh! If its not one its the other:(Poor kitties! I hope they get better for good!Trouble is being ill so young mess's up growth.

What ever the outcome they are gorgeous kittens!

Aww poor little girls,hope they get better soon:)

cheryl

I had to come on to show this pic because Ifigured my wife wouldn't. Its a new way of playing withbunnies. Cowboys and Indians.

"Bang! I got you"

3z0upo4.jpg

"No fair, you cheat. How about catch instead."

47kp5ph.jpg

Aww..love the pics!

I especially like this one:

47kp5ph.jpg

She looks like she's about to topple over backwards! Is that Fey or Sprite? I can never tell them apart :)

Sprite has smaller, more dwarf-like bodyproportions and more complete "normal" eye circles. Fey haslonger ears, non-dwarf head, big ol' butt (love it!), and her right eyehas almost no black while the left is smudgy and has an Egyptian lookif you know what I'm talking about.

I have more pics from that play session to post, I just need to resizethem. That ball is huge compared to her and I love how shecan pic it up and throw it!:D

Latest posts

Back