The lives of Kiwi & Papaya!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She really is, and the dog didn't even move! Just layed there and was watching her :)

Now... Here's another poop question. Both buns are acting completly normal. Eating, drinking,'pooping and peeing, however I found this just now:

8A8468AE-BFF0-46E3-BDAE-D1B963954A8D-5342-00000702034F57AA.jpg

I know the pic is not the greatest but its not a cecotrophs. It looks like a poop that's very wet and not formed that great. I believe it's Papayas as he was the last one in the litter box. I'm wondering why this would be happening? His other poos were normal except a couple that were also very dark in color and looked to be wet and not dry.

I can't say for certain that it came from Papaya but i believe it did.

In any case both buns seem to be normal and had normal poos and pees overnight. They both ate a lot of hay overnight too.

Suggestions?

Sometimes my buns will have an occasional weird poop too. I just figure it's something they've eaten off the floor, or maybe something in their hay that upsets their stomach. As long as it is just a few poops and doesn't keep happening, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok Jenny- good to know! They have been running around all evening and getting into mischief! Happy bunnies tonight but that poop defintely had me worried until you responded :)

Definitely the CUTEST fuzzy bunny butt ever:)

Zeus' poops are looking pretty good so I started him on some pellets today. He got exactly 3 pieces. Cross your fingers. I'm going to go very slow.

He snarfed them down!! Doing good so far :) One of these days I'll post a pic of him playing. If I can ever remember to take one :)

That's so great to hear Jenny!! Yes please do post a pic of your little man that you love so much! You should start a "Zeus" blog :D

My little angels are happy bunnies today! Tripp was chasing them so I had to put him on time out in the bedroom tonight. I wish they would stand up to him! Citrus would never run! He would actually chase the cats! And when he had enough he would lunge and grunt at them! LOL He was an awesome bunny. I miss that little guy!

Citrus and Kiwi- when Kiwi was a baby:

0978571D-EDB1-464D-8B47-8D9724F9A5C7-7449-00000999B4B24B42.jpg

E8FC34FD-484F-427F-86DF-923FE15777D2-7449-00000999ACA32A84.jpg

Just been reading through all this and wondered how they both are. Love them both and those airplane ears are so cute. They look so comfortable together in the last pics.

Hope Kiwi's completely over the tummy problems now and they are both spending lots of time together.

I've been meaning to /bump this for a while now, but keep forgetting to go dig it up... almost two months without a kiwi and papaya fix - hope all is well :D

Hi guy! I am so sorry for not posting any updates. Ive had a crazy couple of months. I will first start out by saying that Kiwi lemon and Little Papaya are both doing well, as am I :)

My crazy life started the beginning of Nov. The boyfriend left me very suddenly without really any warning. I knew we were having issues but I didn't know it was at the point of him leaving me. I was crying all the time and Kiwi (smart little girl) picked up on that. She got diarrhea- off and on, with normal poos as well. I had her fecal checked which was negative so I assumed she was stressed out from me crying all the time. Once I stopped crying in her bunny pen, the diarrhea stopped :)

Then December came. I left home at 11am, Kiwi was fine. I got home at 8pm to a lethargic, hunched up bunny, not wanting to eat. I started her on simethicone, cisapride and metacam right away. She didn't want to take the meds which she usually will just lick up right from the syringe. I had to scoop her up in a towel (she HATES being held). Once she stopped struggling she went limp on me. I thought I had killed her. I didn't- thank goodness. I got the meds into her and offered her critical care. She took a couple of licks. I ended up not locking her in her pen that night and slept in the living room so she could run around all night. Long story short, she did get better finally. I have no idea what caused her to go into stasis. I am so glad that I did have my Vet on hand in case I needed her that night as well as all the meds. I cant even imagine if I didn't have them.

The boyfriend has now come back to me... I am not letting him move back in with me. He needs to earn that. He caused me a lot of heartache and stress, not to mention the stress on my bunnies. He never really paid them a lot of attention but they are smart little animals. They knew he was gone (he took the dog), and Im sure they could tell I wasn't right either.

I got a laptop for my birthday so I don't have any pics on my buns on it. I will post some updated pics of the buns when Im back on my iphone. Don't worry, you guys will get your Kiwi & Papaya fix!!

Thanks for caring :D

Good to hear you´re coming through this and yes, bunnies are so sensitive to what we feel, look at my three stressed from not having their totally normal routine for three weeks but getting back to normal now.

Hope little Kiwi is feeling a lot better now, poor little love, lots of bunny cuddles and nose rubs for her.

Look forward to more pics quite soon.

Latest posts

Back