The lives of Kiwi & Papaya!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariah

Reaction score
As per request, I am starting a blog on my little monkeys- Kiwi Lemon Child & Little Papaya!

To start:

Kiwi is a 1.5 year old broken black, spayed Holland Lop doe.

Papaya is a 6.5 month old broken opal, neutered Fuzzy Holland Lop buck.

Kiwi lost her mate Citrus back in April. She was heart and still is heart broken. This is why I went and got her Papaya. It's been a rocky start, but 5 months later after some vicious bunny fights, we finally have some bunny snuggles :)

A little about myself: I LOVE my bunnies! I also have two horses, one kitty that lives with me and my other four are at my mums, and a dog! I'm a vet tech and am very lucky to work at a clinic that has an AWESOME vet who sees bunnies!

I am trying to figure out how to post pics. I only have my iPhone so this may be difficult!

68E29F72-025C-4038-A7B2-92DB8D51AA72-4953-0000056A62FC5D2F.jpg

So I guess I figured it out! The above picture is Kiwi Lemon Child!

Here's one of Papaya:

B4C63DE4-70E6-475E-A2C9-E0D5DB4EC3A2-4953-0000056B68A00366.jpg

And here's one of their first bunny snuggles!! :)

F1F4DD3D-15D6-4A2B-9E42-508707A9878B-4953-0000056B093E119E.jpg

Yay!!!! A kiwi and papaya blog :)

They are as cute as I imagined. I love papayas ears and kiwi looks like a total princess.

How great you get to be a vet tech. I always thought I would love that job.

Love to see that you started a blog. I will follow for more updates!

I'm excited too that I've started a blog! None of my friends have bunnies so they just think I'm crazy when I'm babbling on about them! Not I've got a place to do it and everyone will understand!

Being a vet tech isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's long hours and crappy pay... But it equals out cause I've always got a vet on hand, even on weekends, which is of course when any bad thing happens.

Kiwi is definitely a little princess and I don't think Papayas ears will ever lop! Funny though, they were down when I got him at 7 weeks!

Here's some more pics:

C170C28C-E761-41D1-AFC1-A2DE8E8B9E6B-4953-00000574E5470C2E.jpg

BF408B5C-5CC9-4B62-915B-007AC5E458F6-4953-000005752C18BDDA.jpg

1CB18A3A-60AF-46DF-84A6-030ED31C8F49-4953-0000056B30E9147E.jpg

Oh I know what you mean about friends thinking your nuts. Mine all do too. My close friends accept my bunny obsession. But I still get snarky comments or weird looks from people who don't understand. Bleh.

That papaya is a total charmer!!! They are both so sweet but he is just too cute. I can't get over his ears!

Thank you! I saw Papaya on a bunny website and I drove 3 hours to get him! He came from the same breeder I had gotten Citrus from, so it was well worth the drive!

Here is a pic of Kiwi & Citrus. They were lovers from day 1. RIP Citrus Chicken Man..

DEC0C34C-11AB-4AE6-9031-6B09F16F4341-4953-0000057BDACEBF87.jpg

Aww citrus and kiwi look like twins almost, obviously different colors but their shape and size look the same. So sorry about losing citrus :(

I think you are well on your way with kiwi and papaya. More sweet memories to come! :)

I hope so!

Here is another pic of their house! When I'm home they have access to the rest of the "my" house as well!

3220FBE4-044C-4F64-8C94-11248D13D964-4953-00000583781BC6FF.jpg

Oh yay!!! Another fun blog to read. And I love hearing how your buns are progressing, so even better. They are both absolutely adorable :). You can just see by looking at Papaya, how he's getting himself into trouble with Kiwi. You can see in their faces that Kiwi's this older experienced bun, and Papaya's this young innocent, and maybe a little clueless, little guy. I can totally see why he got nipped now, even though they seem to like each other really well. He just looks like he really likes her and hopes she'll let him hang out with her. I love the pictures and your blog. Can't wait to hear more.

I love the prospective you put on them Jbun! It's so true! Papaya is a happy go lucky little dude! He's always like "kiwi, can I sit with you? Kiwi, come play with me!" And kiwis like "papaya, I just wanna sleep!" Hahahahaha

Well, all is going well today for Kiwi & Papaya! No bunny fights! Yay! Kiwi just did a huge bunny flop and Papaya is standing guard making sure no one gets kiwi :) I think that's adorable!

I also got my bunny toys in the mail today! They came from Floridia from an online bunny site and my buns love them! They are chewing away happily :)

Here's a pic of Papaya when he first woke up from his neuter. He looks stoned! Poor baby!

AA085AED-26EB-4B39-9D28-C4629660AEE3-4953-0000056AE4F526CD.jpg

And this is what Papaya looked like when I first got him. Notice his ears were lopped then?!!

F6C32650-4193-437B-8DE8-BCE004DEDCA2-4953-00000569C69E54DF.jpg

I'm so glad for their bonding and laying down together like that. You've worked hard enough at this......you deserve it!!

His ears are so cute. Flopped or not, he's a doll! (although I do like his half flopped sticking out ears:) )

I couldn't resist him! I saw him on the website and was like "road trip"!! I called up my friend who was more then willing to come along for the ride! On our way there we stopped at an outlet mall and guess who I met? Peter Facinelli who plays Carlisle Cullen in Twlight!! I couldn't believe we just happened to be at the same mall as him! It was a crazy day that's for sure!

It's defintely been a long and hard road with my two buns. Tons of downs but I'm hoping the road is just uphill now! Kiwi so desperately needs a buddy and Papaya seems to really like his "big sister" :)

Here's a picture of Kiwi after her spay:

5E10B509-3D37-4AC8-8F3E-010ECD071B35-6212-000006DA51B4F84E.jpg

I think it's so cute, in the mornings, when I first let them out to play they both make a beeline to each others cages! Apparently the hay in the other cage in better then in their own cage :)

Haha, well put Jbun!

What do you guys think of these toys? My buns really like them! I ordered them from this website: pet-rabbit-toys.com

They seem to sell a lot! If anyone's on fb they post things there too! My only concern is the rope part of their flinging toy. Anyone have one of these or something similar?

Here are the pics:

4C2D72DD-8909-4AA1-A562-7FDF90E6AB70-6573-000007CDD6DF1118.jpg

And

3E669822-3DF4-4635-9A3D-CE174649BDF7-6573-000007CDCB9D986C.jpg

I bet that was fun on your little bunny trip, to run into the Twilight guy. That trip was definitely worth your while, especially since you got a gorgeous bun as a result. I'm totally in love with Papaya's sweet little face. He just has such an innocence to him. I think things are going to continue to work out with them. Papaya just needs to figure out to leave his 'sis' alone when she's feeling a grump. I'm sure you can already see a difference with how Kiwi's feeling. Does she seem happier and less depressed? She looks so sweet snuggled under her towel after the spay. Hard to believe she would ever be grumpy.

The buns are like 'Woo Hoo, new toys'. They look totally interested in them. Yeah, stringy things worry me too with my buns. Those look like natural fiber rope, right? So maybe that's better. Maybe just keep any stray strings trimmed. I'm sure they'll have a blast chewing those things to bits :)

Kiwi does seem happier! She's more willing to come out of her x pen and run around! :) She's by no means out of the woods yet as I'm still giving her cisapride and metacam. I stopped the metacam for a while and she went back not wanting to run around so I started it again and it defintely seems to help!

Papaya really does have a sweet face! I think his ears just add to how adorably cute he is! I think for kiwi, maybe it's a combination of Papaya and the metacam that is helping her. I am also giving her pineapple juice at night because the amount she grooms Papaya she was pooping out hair :S

In addition, I got the "Papaya tablets" for kiwi too. I haven't noticed Papaya having a problem with the hair but he was a little monkey last night and jumped up to where I had kiwis "Papaya tablet" and stole one! Little bugger!
I'm only giving them the rope toy when I'm watching them because the rope makes me nervous, but then I think, why would they make it for buns if it wasent safe?

The toy without the rope, kiwi has almost chewed right through that wood that holds the pieces together! I guess it was a good purchase!

Ill be ordering more toys from them very soon as the pet stores around here don't seem to have a lot of toys for bunnies.

Back