The lives of Kiwi & Papaya!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good thought as well Jenny. He does seem very comfortable with kiwi now as does kiwi with him. He was laying all stretched out - bunny legs completly out behind him in kiwis x pen while kiwi was nose butting my leg to go to bed. It was actually quite cute! You can't see his legs in the pic cause he moved when I went to snap the pic.

*Fingers crossed* all is well in the morning...

6B6B61B6-6E9D-494C-81E3-4CC1F74C48FC-193-0000001EA5F36FCB.jpg

Look at that CUTE fuzzybutt!!! I'm totally in love with Papaya :inlove:

He was probably thinking this was his one chance to take over Kiwi's cage and relax while she was gone :)

So... All is well in Kiwi & Papaya land this morning! Papaya pooped his normal amount overnight- so tons! He ate his hay and drank some water :D

I cleaned ther cages first thing this morning and he's already pooped in his fresh clean litter! He was running with kiwi and currently he's chewing on one of his safe wooden toys! Yay!

Jenny- he really is cute! You should see him in person! The expressions on his face are just priceless!

He is a cutie, that's for sure! I have a thing for long haired animals :D

He's still acting a bit off today. Like he's scared of something. He was sitting in his cage when he has full access to the rest of the house with his ears completly up like he was hearing noises that I couldn't hear.

But he's pooping and eating so... I'm thankful for that. I've gotta work this afternoon so hopefully all is ok while I'm gone. Darn work getting in the way of my bunny time!

Aww he is so cute! Glad he is okay.

You know, Archie (my male) is moodier than Agnes, I mean one day he's playful, one day he's calm, one day he's suggly, one day he's begging for treats, he keeps me on my toes!

So maybe papaya is a range of emotions like Archie :)

Buns were ok this afternoon! They were so excited to see me when I got home! Kiwi was following me everywhere and Papaya was following her. Ha.

They ate their dinner around 745 and haven't played since! They have both been relaxing by themselves. I guess that ok!

Papaya is Kiwi's little shadow :) I'm glad he's doing good today!

Lazy buns, they probably have to let those full bellies settle and then they'll be zipping around driving you crazy :) I do notice some days my buns are more active, and some days they just lay around.

Most days Papaya is kiwis shadow! He's still not acting completly like "Papaya". Could it be that he's maturing and dosent want to run around as much? He's only 8 months though! What's with this odd behaviour Jenny?

Yes exactly Jenny. He spends more time in his cage then the house or x pen. But still eating, drinking, pooping and peeing though.

It could be that he's outgrown his baby bunny phase and is just less hyper. He could also just be feeling more relaxed and comfortable with Kiwi and his home. Or it could be something else. You could try letting him and Kiwi spend more time together to see if that makes any sort of difference with him.

Is this the time they typically out grown their bunny phase?

I don't want to start thinking about what "the something else" could be.

Currently they are both sleeping in kiwis x pen. He looks super comfortable!

Q-tip became a bunnylump at about 8 months or so. That's when she started getting out of her "OMG MOM HI OMG HI MOM HI HI HI HI HI!" everytime I walked into a room and became a little more of a "hey, I see you but I'm not gonna move or anything, so come here and give me a kiss". So it could be the age thing. Your little baby could be growing up. Or he sees his older, more mature lady and is like "hey, this is who I wanna be".

Also, I'm checking your blog constantly because I need pictures of those airplane ears. I need my Papaya fix. All the time.

Qtip- your too sweet! Ill get a pic later specially for you cause I've gotta get ready for work on this damp, dark and rainy morning!

Jenny- what's with the extra cecotrophs from Papaya? He has a teeny tiny bit I found this morning. He seems fine, ate and pooped over night and ate his breakfast this morning. He's in kiwis cage right now eating her hay :)

Of course he's eating Kiwi's hay! Ir tastes better than his :)

I agree, Papaya's new behavior might just mean he is growing up and settling down. How many cecotropes is Papaya leaving? A few cecotropes left around once in a while isn't a big deal usually. My rabbits will do it sometimes.

Ditto to Jenny's post exactly. Sounds like he is growing up. Agnes will leave an occasional cecotrope and Archie I have never even seen him EAT his so he must be very modest about it :) Point is, different rabbits have different habits about night droppings. I think if you see a couple here and there its no big deal.

Well, since I decreased Papayas food slightly I've hardly seen any. Sometimes I will find a cluster and usually if its fresh, ill feed it to him and he will eat it. Sometimes he won't. I don't see them too often. Maybe once or twice a week? I've had his stool checked for parasites numerous times since he was positive for coccidia and pinworms and nothing ever since. I'm just wondering why I see them? I've never once seen Kiwis!

Hopefully Papaya is just growing up! My little baby! He seems fine today :)
Tons of poops today while I was at work. I stopped in after work and both buns were sound asleep! I haven't left them alone since last Wed when I was home but sleeping. I'm still to nervous to leave them alone while I'm at work... I think they would be fine, but I would be a wreak at work not knowing what they were doing... I need a bunny webcam!

Here is little P when he was a baby :)

C8376A47-F27C-4F5A-B8D1-90F44E8DF0D1-1671-000001EA855AA66A.jpg

9275A8D2-5FEE-42CD-9D76-EDA729174BD5-1671-000001EC250EE4B4.jpg

And here are two pictures of kiwi taken about 10 minutes ago. She got mad with me and said it wasent fair just to post pic of Papaya and not her... So here you go!

F9C0B6B3-0125-4DA6-B8DF-99F7D8AEC326-1870-0000020A2E63EFF7.jpg

Notice in this picture her whiskers are growing back?! Hopefully, Papaya doesent chew these ones off too... Silly girl for letting him in the first place!

F06DE30C-EDC4-447B-AC45-586589C4E6D6-1870-0000020A38E247F2.jpg

Latest posts

Back