The Jack and Eva Diaries

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI, hows the babies Eva and Jack doing?

It's been too long since our last update and pictures.

Soooska:apollo:

Spring wrote:
Fantastic story! I say, you should get it published :woohoo

Btw, the Lisa from a rabbit rescue was one of my options when I was looking for a bunny, just wondering if it's the same person.

Here's a rabbit that has the listing for Lisa. If it is, it's a small world :D.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=2941012

Omg look at this, scroll down it looks exactly like Jack!

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/BC88.html
Yes I do believe Elizabeth uses Lisa from SARS (Small Animal RescueSociety) of BC. The SARS people do GREAT work placing buns in need withfoster homes. Anyone in BC looking for a bunny should contact them, andanyone in another province or state wishing to start an animal rescueshould study their model and emulate them.

Sorry for going off topic! :shhhh

Seriously, we would love a Jack and Eva update...

jordiwes wrote:
Spring wrote:
Fantasticstory! I say, you should get it published :woohoo

Btw, the Lisa from a rabbit rescue was one of my options when I was looking for a bunny, just wondering if it's the same person.

Here's a rabbit that has the listing for Lisa. If it is, it's a small world :D.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=2941012

Omg look at this, scroll down it looks exactly like Jack!

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/BC88.html

Seriously, we would love a Jack and Eva update...
yeah, how is the cute couple doing?:)

Thanks everyone for such kind compliments!

And yup, Jordiwes is right, it is the same Lisa. I adopted Jack from my local SPCA but adopted Eva from SARS BC.

And an update on Jack and Eva is coming soon...I promise. ;)

Jack and Eva Throw a Party...

It was a typical lazy Friday afternoon.Jack was napping in the corner of their apartment when Eva hopped overand nudged him awake.

“Darling, I think we need to throw a house warmingparty.” Eva said.

“A house what?” Jack asked.

“A house warming party. We’ve been livingtogether for over a month now and I think it’s time we threw aparty. We’ll invite all our friends and serve some fresh hayand cold water and some craisins. It’ll befabulous.”

“But Eva, my pet, it’s just that we don’t, well…”Jack paused, unsure of how to proceed.

“We don’t what?” Eva asked. “We don’t have any friends.” Jack replied nervously.

“Don’t be ridiculous, we have plenty offriends!” Eva answered indignantly. “We have Smokeythe cat and there’s Ebony, that twitchy black cat and… well there’sthat grey cat Mollie. She doesn’t always[/i] growl atus. There’s Scruffy and Nadia the guinea pigs, remember, wemet them in the kitchen that day. And I bet Lucy the hamsterwould love to drop by and tuck into some fresh hay.”

“Now Eva, you know mom won’t let Lucy visitus. She’s worried we’ll stomp on her or something.Why don’t we have a party and just invite Smokey and mom and dadand…

“Oh no!” Eva interrupted. “I’m notletting you invite mom. You know how I feel abouther. She’s always picking me up and trying to pet me andsometimes when I come over to sniff her slipper she tries to pet myears. You know I don’t like it when she touches myears!! I understand how fabulous they are but really, do yousee me just grabbing on to her ears? No you don’t.Honestly Jack, I can understand and even appreciate that you were alittle lonely before I came along and so you let yourself be wooed inby that two legged furless weirdo; but why you still let her groom you,I’ll never understand. And you groom her back when you have aperfectly lovely “actual” bunny living under the same roof withyou!”

“Eva, honey, I’ve stopped grooming her, remember?” Jack protested innocently.

“Don’t even try the innocent act with mybuster. I saw you the other night grooming her when youthought my back was turned.” Eva warned.

Jack blushed and giggled. “I can’t helpit Eva, she’s a nice mom. Look how often she gives usCraisins and we get a papaya tablet every night! Doesn’t shedeserve some love in return?”

“Listen Jack,” Eva laughed, “You might be one ofthose bunnies that just hands out the love to whoever happens to toss aCraisin at you, but you’ve married a bunny with somestandards. Don’t try and drag me down with you.”

“Okay, okay” Jack soothed, “Now back to theparty. We’ve got one invited guest for sure. Whoelse should we invite?”

“I think we’ll just make it an open house party”Eva decided. “We’ll leave the door open for any guests andsee how many show up. Now get up and help me tidy, we’ll havethe party tomorrow night.”

So, Jack and Eva threw their first houseparty. Unfortunately the guinea pigs already had plans tospend the evening barbering each other’s backs and Elizabeth wouldn’teven let them hand out invitations to therodents.

When Jack approached Mollie earlier in the day sheonly sniffed haughtily at him and announced she didn’t “do” bunnyparties.

Mollie2april.jpg

Ebony was too busy bouncing off the curtain rodsbut promised to attend their next party and Elizabeth interceptedthemessage Eva tried to send to Lucy the hamster via a secretcode written in the diet pepsi label.

Lucydrinking.jpg

Still, Eva was determined to throw the party sowith a guest list of one she furiously began to decorate theirhouse. She tossed hay and poo around the apartment withgusto. She yelled twice at Jack because he hadn’t piled thepoo in the corner in just the right way and finally, when he actuallyhad the nerve to eat hay instead of flinging it around the apartmentthe way she wanted she kicked him out and sent him to mom and dad’shouse to sulk.

jackbeingjack.jpg

The hour of the party arrived, Smokey showed uppromptly on time. Unfortunately, he wasn’t that interested insocializing. He spent most of the evening in the corner anddidn’t even munch on any of the delicious hay that Eva and Jack hadprovided.

Smokeyinthebunnycage.jpg

EvaandSmokeyinthebunnyhouse.jpg

Finally out of desperation, they moved the party toElizabeth and Ben’s house where Smokey plopped himself down in themiddle of the floor and promptly proceeded to give himself abath.

Smokey2april.jpg

The party wasn’t going exactly as planned so Evaand Jack decided it was time to call it a night.Unfortunately they discovered that a most unwelcome guest had crashedtheir house party.

Hannahinthebunnycage.jpg

Hannahinthebunnycage3.jpg

Luckily Elizabeth came to their rescue and shooedHannah the dog back home and the bunnies had their apartment back tothemselves. As they snuggled up together in their favouritecorner of the apartment, Jack said comfortingly “Well Eva, the partywasn’t exactly how you had hoped. I’m sorry honey.”“That’s okay Jack, we’ll just try again next month!” Eva saidwith a bunny grin.

Jackandevarelaxingtogether6.jpg

Jackandevarelaxingtogether5.jpg

Jackandevarelaxingtogether10.jpg

Jackandevarelaxingtogether8.jpg

Jackandevalayingdown.jpg

jackandevarelaxingtogether2.jpg

omg that is cute pics and story. i didnt get toread all of it since i don't have much time. but i loved thisparagraph: “Oh no!” Eva interrupted.“I’m not letting you invite mom. You know how I feel abouther. She’s always picking me up and trying to pet me andsometimes when I come over to sniff her slipper she tries to pet myears. You know I don’t like it when she touches myears!! I understand how fabulous they are but really, do yousee me just grabbing on to her ears? No you don’t.Honestly Jack, I can understand and even appreciate that you were alittle lonely before I came along and so you let yourself be wooed inby that two legged furless weirdo; but why you still let her groom you,I’ll never understand. And you groom her back when you have aperfectly lovely “actual” bunny living under the same roof with you!”its to funny.

Thanks Elizabeth, that was worth the wait.

Those are two very good looking bunnies. I love Eva's colouring.

Soooska:apollo:

Jack's First Birthday

One day Elizabeth turned to Ben and announced that they were throwing asurprise birthday party for Jack. It was May and he wasturning one.

"A birthday party?" Ben asked.

"Yes. He'll be one. Everyone needs a birthday whenthey turn one you know honey." Elizabeth repliedfirmly.

"Yes dear." Ben answered and turned back to his book.

Over the next few days Elizabeth was busy sending out invitations andbaking and buying goodies and presents for Jack. She pulledEva aside and quietly whispered her plans. Eva promised tohave Jackgroomed and presentable in time for theparty. Elizabeth invited Smokey, Mollie and Ebony thecats. Ebony was busy but Mollie and Smokey both promised tobe there. She also invited Scruffy and Nadia the guinea pigswho were both delighted to attend the party (especially when they foundout food would be served!).

The big day arrived. Jack was very surprised and very happywhen he saw all his friends and family! His mom scurriedaround putting treats out for everyone and his dad very nicely offeredto take photo's of the party:

The decorations and presents:

balloonsandpresents.jpg

woodenblocks.jpg

presents.jpg

The Birthday Boy!!

jackandbirthdayhat2.jpg

jackandbirthdayhat.jpg

The Guests!

Evaandbirthdayhat.jpg

Smokey the Cat
Smokeyattheparty.jpg

Scruffy
scruffyattheparty.jpg

Nadia
nadiaattheparty.jpg

Mollie
Mollieatbirthday.jpg

Some birthday goodies:

birthdaytreats.jpg

birthdaycake.jpg

birthdaytreats2.jpg

All the guests had arrivedso Elizabeth set out the food for everyone to enjoy:

jackandevaandtreats.jpg

jackandevaandtreats2.jpg

jackandevaandtreats5.jpg

jackandevaandtreats6.jpg

Evaandtreats.jpg

scruffyandnadiaandtreats.jpg

scruffyandnadiaandtreats2.jpg

jackevaandsmokey2.jpg

jackevaandsmokey.jpg

jackevaandmollie3.jpg

jackevaandmollie.jpg

birthdayparty2.jpg

birthdayparty3.jpg

birthdayparty4.jpg

evascruffyandnadia.jpg

An unexpected visitor showed up. Ebony was able to make the party afterall!

EbonyandScruffy.jpg

Jack posed with his birthday cake:

jackandhiscake.jpg

But declined to eat it..

jackandevaandcake2.jpg

And finally - he got to open his presents!

jackopeningpresents.jpg

jackopeningpresents3.jpg

jackopeningpresents4.jpg

Jack really enjoyed his birthday and everyone had a great time visitingand eating goodies. After the party was over, Jack and Evaenjoyed a well deserved nap:

relaxingaftertheparty5.jpg

relaxingaftertheparty2.jpg

evarelaxingafterparty2.jpg

I can't believe i just found this page. What anamazing story teller you are! So much fun to read and what a great wayto get to know your buns!! Hope Jack had a great First Birthday!!!Looks like it was a fantastic party!!!

Latest posts

Back