The Great Bunny Transport of 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bunnydance::bunnyheart:bunnydance::bunnyheart:bunnydance::bunnyheart:bunnydance::bunnyheart:bunnydance::bunnyheart:bunnydance:

Yippppeeee!!! Cheers!!! Thank you!!! Never have I seen anything so complex go so magically well!!! Welcome home everyone!!!

Everyone waiting for photos...I'm so sorry, my digital camera isn't working, I didn't take any here...when I get a new camera or this one working, I promise I'll send some:( So sorry!

Promise I took pics and will upload! I'm not home yet, had to do extensive shopping first (and the NIC panels are proving more difficult to find every time I need some). Need to heat up the laptop ( I never use it ), use adobe to resize the pics, then upload to the gallery. I can't upload pics from my iPhone or iPad.

We made it home and I had to take a nap. The buns are settling in very nicely and will be bonded in no time. Andre, the cat, is already making friends with them as well.

Taken last night. The new inhabinents look suspiciously feline!

IMG_6083.jpg

Getting started

IMG_6089.jpg

The exchange in DE, a very pretty rest stop.

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6091.jpg

Panda and Bunnicula falling in love. There's been a little humping but Panda is already grooming Bunnicula. He is so bold and nothing phases him. Andre got in his way and he just sprawled across the cat's back to sniff what he wanted. Bunnicula is more shy, but I think she has a quirky side. She likes to sit in the middle of the concrete form tunnel and rock it back and forth.

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

The three amigos. The brown and white amigo turned out to be an amiga! Thank goodness they were all fixed in time.

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

We are home and settling in!

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

Mojo and Puma seemed quite happy this afternoon. I got their running room pen put together enough (still working to stabilize a permanent run attached to their condo) to let them out for a while. I sat on the floor with them for about an hour and feel like a ride from BunnsDominion. I have been bumped, jumped, sat on, climbed on, and licked! They are adorable together and are quite the drag racers having used all three levels of the condo, the floor, and me to chase each other on/over/around. They have each let me pet them quite a bit but after a while of petting one lying next to me his brother would come up and mount him (this went both ways depending on who I was petting). Is this normal, or am I doing something to upset their bond? When they are in their condo I see Puma ask for grooming from Mojo quite a bit to which he always seems to comply. I have yet to see Puma groom Mojo.

All the bunnies look so happy!!!!!!!!!!! Loved the one of Panda just so laid back about the cat. If the above bunnies have just been neutered it will take awhile for those horomones to go away, in the meantime they are enjoying each other. One of them is eventually going to end up more dominate than the other. I think their behavior is pretty normal.

yeah, Panda keeps humping Bunnicula. Luckily she still has enough hormones that she's enjoying it. :p

They will figure out their relationship in the new place and it will stop.

I just read this entire thread, and what you guys did was absolutely amazing! Seriously, one of the coolest things ever. Congratulations!!

Ok, I've finally got these pics resized and ready!

Bunny Sleepover......using every cage/crate/x-pen I could find!
And now I totally know what Patti meant when she mentioned a poop explosion, XD!!!
15884_232041_050000001.jpg

Brandy's babies just chillin'

15884_232042_330000004.jpg

15884_232042_320000003.jpg

The notorious 3 amigos! Boy can they POOP!!!
15884_232042_320000002.jpg

Can't get enough of Brandy's babies!
15884_232042_320000001.jpg

15884_232042_320000000.jpg

So laid back here!!
15884_232041_060000004.jpg

15884_232041_060000003.jpg

Pretty baby:biggrin2:
15884_232041_050000000.jpg

Time to move on to meet Brandy!
15884_232041_060000002.jpg

It was a pleasure to be a part of the bunderground. Just glad Steve and I could help, and it got us a wonderful bunny (Pogo). I'll be adding pics of him and his new digs shortly. And I've changed his name again to Freckles! He just looks like a Freckles :big wink:

BTW, the previous picture of the crates in Steves truck and on the back. Just wanted to clarify that all bunnies traveled in the cab of the truck with Steve in the A/C, not in the bed of the truck. The pic was taken at a rest stop and Steve took the carriers out to check on the bunnies and feed/water them. :D

Great pictures April! It was a lot of fun, wasn't it? I really should have taken a picture of the "morning after" carnage. I was so proud of my shop vac surviving the clean up.

(so, we can stop all the Mitt Romney jokes about Steve (JUST KIDDING!!!!)) I knew they traveled in air conditioned comfort.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Great pictures April! It was a lot of fun, wasn't it? I really should have taken a picture of the "morning after" carnage. I was so proud of my shop vac surviving the clean up.

(so, we can stop all the Mitt Romney jokes about Steve (JUST KIDDING!!!!)) I knew they traveled in air conditioned comfort.

So much fun! I've never had so many bunnies in my house at one time, lol! The great poopscapade!! And we kept a close eye on those 3 troublemakers. The one with the biggest mane is the mastermind behind the shenanagins I think. He carefully walked around the entire x-pen, stood on his tippy toes, and surveyed the area trying to find a way over that fence. He even stood on the litterbox, periscoped, and calculated. It was at this point that Steve and I had a meeting about him. We put cardboard over the top of the x-pen just as a visual barrier so he and his minions couldn't cause anymore trouble! :p

Hehehe, Mitt Romney, I didn't even think of that one! :laugh:

Annnnddd.....more pics

Trouble in a crate!

15884_232214_550000004.jpg

15884_232214_550000001.jpg

^^The mastermind :lookaround

15884_232214_550000003.jpg

^^Communicating his intentions....

15884_232214_550000002.jpg

^^Spreading the word....:nasty:

Freckles in transport

15884_232215_280000001.jpg

Temporary digs while we had company...

15884_232215_280000000.jpg

His digs now, the crate will go when his NIC cage is built...

15884_232214_550000000.jpg

Whomever adopts the three amigos is going to have their hands full (and I hope they have a sturdy shop vac!) :p

YAY! I'm so glad to see pictures! Brandy-I love the ones of Panda and Bunnicula-And I especailly like the car window writing-very creative idea :)

From LMRR's FB page:

That was quick! The three amigos have been adopted! From Florida shelter to NJ home in one week! To imagine that those three beautiful buns almost died....only to find a perfect family across country. Thanks so much, to the volunteers who did all that driving and saved those lives. Another huge success story!!!!!

How wonderful! They even got to stay together! :party0002::pinkbouce::pinkelepht::party0002:

Good luck to the new parents keeping up with their shenanigans!

So happy for them!!! :biggrin2:

But the new parents should watch out for the mastermind, he WILL find a way to cause trouble with his minions :lookaround

I hope the new parents join here so we can get updates. I love to hear what they come up with! They look like Russian mafia with their cute beards. Thank goodness the girl is the one without extra facial hair. :p

Latest posts

Back