The Great Bunny Transport of 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the trio in spite of the middle of the night security breach. I'm glad they got to stay together too. An already bonded trio is a rare find for someone that wants that.

Brownie and Petta have their new names...the girl is Halo (aka Petta) and the boy is Harvey(aka Brownie). They are honeymooning in Virginia--ranging free in the "bunnie room", taking full advantage of room service and snuggling, cuddling, grooming and getting along very well. Lots of binkies!

:brownbunny:brownbunny

Way to go Halo and Harvey! :big kiss:

:love:bunny love is so precious.

Panda and Bunnicula went to the park for the first time last night. They were total naturals, let kids pet them and everything. They just kicked back and enjoyed the sights. I guess after being on death-row going to the park is, well, a walk in the park! :coolness:

They met Sophie and Houdini in the car (seperate carriers) as two pair fit in the double decker stroller. They just looked at each other and sniffed. Everybun got a new chew toy for their efforts.

MiniLopHop--wonderful that you can take them to the park! Is it a regular park? Do they stay in their carriers or hop around? It's still incredible to me that these bunnies are so laid back after all they've been through. Wow. Panda and Bunnicula are thinking life has gotten very, very interesting!!! So happy for you and them!

:bunnybutt::anotherbun

Alma- yes, Becky has oficially retired due to her head tilt issues. I checked and they won't even charge me a fee to register Panda and Bunnicula, they will transfer the membership we have. I just have to get the vet to fill out their forms and do 2 hours of practice visiting. I think I'm going to set up a visit for mid August to get them started.

Katherine- It's a public park close to my house. A lot of dogs go, but people tend to stop to chat with the rabbits. I have a double decker stroller. They get fresh air and sunshine without risks associated with touching the ground. They also go to the pet store this way to pick out their own treats.

123.jpg

I LOVE reading about this fabulous effort! You all are amazing!

I have to ask... where did you get the stroller? I want one! This would be awesome to take the rabbits to school in. My kids' teachers and classmates enjoy them a lot!

I found it on amazon, search for double decker pet stroller. This is by far cheaper than many of the other choices, but it works really well. I love that the pieces come off so they are never transfered when out of the house, no chance of escape. I still have them chipped in case of accident but there's no sense in being reckless.

These recent posts couldn't have happened at a more opportune time. I'm trying to work out the logistics of transporting the buns to and from school for weekends. I really like that these detach from the base and can be loaded inside where it's safe. Brandy I was wondering if you could tell me (I didn't see it in the pic) if there was any kind of strap or handle for carrying them when they aren't attached to the stroller base. Thanks!

Not really, but they are easy to carry. I put the seat belts around the whole thing during transport to make sure they don't slide off the seat.

Back