The Bunnies Have Taken Over...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking of it because she has to be putunder sooner or later to have her teeth trimmed anyways. My vet whospayed/neutered the other 3 is VERY fast at spays soI trusthim. And it will be my best bet on bonding her and Spice. I know Icould lose her, but I'd rather lose her on the table knowingIwas trying to keep her healthythan have to watch her die ofcancer. :(

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Oh and you caught me... I'm addicted to lops! Had it been upto me, I would have brought 2 tri-coloreds and2 harlequinHollands home this weekend and at least one Frenchie....

Congratulations! I don't know who isluckier, Uno finding a greatmomandhome, or yougettingan excellent bunny.Iknow Shannon was misty eyedwhen you were taking her. She is going tomiss Uno.

You guys are a bad influence to me. Being atthe show is bad enough, butseeingall thefor sale bunnies isreally tough. Some of the breederswere trying to sell me abunny. What is worst is seeingall the peopletaking bunnieshome. There were a few thatcaught my eye, and it makes itharder to resist.One of Shannon'sfrosty lop was tugging at myheart. And the orangebuck I wanted to gettwoyears agowas forsale. If I posted the for salebunny pictures, you guyswouldyell at me, "Why didn't you take himhome!"

Carolyn's pictureofFauna ...pushed me over the edge. NowI wished I brought abunny homefrom the show.

Anyways, the question iswhenever to get Uno spayedor not. Hope some morepeople have replies, butoneopinion should bewithyour vet. Would he besuccessful and what does hethink of the effects after thesurgery. Also, ifyou start trimming teeth,that would be an on goingprocess. My Vet toldme to wait until Pebbles goesoff feed when herteeth really needs trimming.Hoping that may be a whileyet.Since everything isfine, I will leave itfor now.

Rainbows! :)

Someone bought that orange buck Pet_Bunny. I was talking to them before I left with my girl.

Yup, Shannon said she was going to miss Venus and I could tell Venus isgoing to miss her! She was so calm in Shannon's arms and she tried tojump out of mine.I felt so bad!

It is going to be up to the vet, but I am really considering spayingher still. As for her teeth, the hay she was on was Brome and it's notas tough as Timothy hay. Her teeth were not bad, she said a very tinybit overgrown so I'll see if the tougher hay will help trim her teethdown a bit. It's not bad at all and it's only on one side.

MBB: I respect your decision whatever it may be. It's a hard one to make.

Pet_Bunny, I wonder what Pebbles would think of a newfriend. :ponder: That's another harddecision. I feel your pain when you walk out of a rabbit showempty handed. It takes every bit of strength I can muster upnot to take one home.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
It takes every bit of strength I can muster up not to take one home.
It does! I have gone to 4 shows and only one have I notcomehome without a rabbit! Once I brought Zoey home, now Reese, and once Ibrought Kathy's Romeo home for a week!

Oh yes by the wayReese is what I'm calling her, Unojust wasn't working for me. I was trying it out and it stuck. So it'sReese as in the peanut butter cup because her orange and tortingreminds me of one, LOL.

Pebbles has been getting on good everytime Pet_Bunny watches Coco... soa little boy should be no problem. ;)Pet_Bunny was trying toresist this adorable Frosty buck Shannon had for sale.

Well I think it's safe to sayReeseLOVES veggies. I tripped over one of Spice's toys:embarrassed: (myhands where full, I wasn't watching where I was going) and sent Spice'sbowl of veggies flying into her run and she ran out and gobbled up justabout every veggie she possibly could before I got into her run. Thegood news, I already started her on veggies so no harm done.

Oh yeah, so I moved Spice into the garage into the adjacent run andalthough he acted exactly as I expected, it was not as bad as I thoughtit might be. He was even throwing the odd half binky in here and there!

When Reese came out of her box, they sat there stalk stillfor a good 2 minutes just staring at eachother!

This was Spice's reaction after he got over the inital shock...

And this is how happy Reese was to have company! (She was binkying every where last night.)

So the vet called with Reese's blood workresults. She said everything looks normal except one enzyme is a littlehigh. It has to do with the kidney's. She said high normal is 9 andReese is 9.3 but she also said it's nothing to worry about and to justkeep an eye out for her drinking too much or peeing too much.

Other than that all is normal and well! Yay!

Yay for healthy bunny!

Have your rabbits got their winter coats on?Mine never get to be so fluffy looking here because it never gets verycold. They look so plush! I know you said Reese was a bit skinny butshe must have a thick coat because she looks so cuddly and round :hearts

In that second video, that's exactly what Dodge would do if any otherrabbit went past her hutch, or if she was running around and she wentpast their hutch. He reminds me so much of her!

Nice videos! I love seeing your rabbits come to life :thanks:

Spice has a bit of a winter coat but not much,he hasn't been outside enough to get one! Reese has a very thick coatright now. She does look round but she is a little skinny.

reese.jpg

reese2.jpg

reese3.jpg

reese4.jpg

reese5.jpg

OMG she's beautiful. I thinkher and Spice will make a very Lovely couple. I can hardlywait to see pictures of them frolicing together.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

Aww!!! SO CUTE!! I just love your babies!! :D

Just saw the videos. Mycomputer has being acting up again. Looks likeSpice and Reese are off to a good start.Reese is so cool and lady likewhile Spice was trying to attract herattention. :D

Carolyn wrote:
I feel your pain when you walk out of a rabbit show empty handed.
Thehard thing is,itwas too easy to take a bunnyhome,but to resist thattemptation was gutwrenching.My wife didn't to goto the show because she didn't want tosee the cute bunny faces, andme pleading her to getone. All the breederscouldsee it in me thatI wanted another bunny.Seems like I had asign taped to my back,"Looking for a new bunny."
I didhavea petcarrierand some empty boxesin the car... just incase. :whistling

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Pebbles has been good everytime Pet_Bunny watches Cocoa... so alittle boy should be no problem. ;)Pet_Bunny was trying toresist this adorable Frosty buck Shannon had forsale.
Cocoa is staying with usagain, at the end ofApril. :jumpforjoy:
She had a bladder infection afew months ago, andwas treated with some antibiotics. Herowners have to watch herdiet now.
It only takes a few daysfor the two to bond.Some fur flies, but nothing serious infights ... then the twosettledown, being the bestof buds.
Maybe that will be the time toconvince my wife get anotherbun. :pray:

Rainbows! :D

I am always amazed how holland lops seem to haveears growing out of the sides of their heads, rather than from the top!Reese is a perfect example of that :D.

New pictures anyone? We fianlly got a cleannblue sky so I thought some nice pictures outside would do! Sorry aboutsome of the large sizes, I lost my good photo programs and photobuckethas either this one or a much smaller size.

DSCF1009.jpg

Netherland Dwarf impression:
DSCF0967.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF0993.jpg

DSCF1026.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

OMG, she getsprettier every day.

:bunnydance:I love the last picture, how did yoy do it to get her nose and mouth pink.

Susan:apollo:

Awwww what a little heart breaker....she just has the most prettiest lil face :bunnyheart

DSCF1004.jpg

cheryl

cheryl13 wrote:
Awwww what a little heart breaker....she just has the mostprettiest lil face :bunnyheart

DSCF1004.jpg

cheryl

I second that emotion.

Great Picture, MBB! :blueribbon:

Latest posts

Back