The Bunnies Have Taken Over...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Well this is officially the first post in my blog of 2007. No new pictures this time (Iknow, I've been slacking).

Pictures to come when I have time!

Awww, Mocha is learning, lol. Smart bunnies. They know you're their slave.
Now, about those pictures...

Sorry, school week! Pictures will have to waituntil next weekend. :tongueI bet none of you ever expected tohave to ask for pictures.... LOL. The only ones I have are some veryodd angled and close up ones of Mocha's fur (his coat color is a littlebit of a mystery... maybe it's been solved now though) and ofme cutting his nails, LOL.

Well I have some exciting news for everyone. My trio is about to grow again. I will be adding a new doe to my home hopefully as Spice’s soul mate thanks to everyone who convinced me that rehoming him should be my last option and to try this first.

This is a little background on why I’m getting Spice a friend. Around the middle of November I realized Spice was not eating more than half his food. Over the next few weeks he lost over half a pound. I was really concerned but over Christmas break I had a lot more time to spend with him and he started to eat all his food again and he ended up putting back on half the weight he lost. But since school has started again, he has once again lost that weight and is not eating all of his food. I can get him to eat all of it if I spend no less than an hour with him daily just petting him but that is next to impossible during the week with all my classes, tests, homework, and studying. From this I think it is safe to say that he is depressed/lonely and a little upset that I don’t have the 2 hours a day I used to spend with him when I was in high school. Since my cage space will be the same for 4 rabbits as it is for 3, adding another will not be any more work and I always have time to make sure their cages are clean.

I have also found what I believe is the perfect match. A 5 year old retired brood Holland Lop from the same breeder I got Zoey from. She has lived with many bucks, including a rather aggressive one. I’m hoping this will be a good indication that she will get along with Spice, who is very dominant. I know bonding won’t be easy, but I have confidence that I can do it. Her name is BMR's Venusand she is the sweetest little tri-colored girl you can imagine and she is beyond adorable.

I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get permission to!

I'm picking her up from a show on Feb. 17. Until then it's lots of oats and sunflower seeds to keep Spice's weight on because no matter how down he is, he will always eat his oats. ;)

Lucky for you that the weekend I bring her home is the start of my Reading Week break so there will be lots of photos!

I did get some from Shannon last night but I'm waiting for permission to post them to show you guys! She is super cute!

Ok this is Venus. For my parents sake, I will be calling her Uno which is short so they can remember it! Plus, I really hope she is the one for Spice!

These pictures arecourtesy ofStar Lit Rabbitry:

VenusPose.jpg

VenusFront.jpg

VenusCute.jpg

VenusLaying.jpg

VenusDown.jpg

Pet_Bunny, he will only eat one brand of pellets, I have tried switching him with no luck. I've tried 4 other brands and he wont eat them. Right now he is on an Alfalfa pellet but he likes Timothy hay better than Alfalfa hay so I'll have to stick to Alfalfa pelelts and Timothy hay.

I'll just keep spending as much time with him as I can and feeding some extras to get his weight back up. If I have to, I'll give him more variety in veggies to keep him interested in food and hopefully get him to eat more.

MBB, she is beautiful. I don't know how you can wait so long to get her, I'd be going to pick her up.

I think as soon a Spice sees her he's going to fall in love.:heartbeat:

Susan:bunnydance:

It will be hard but school, Spice, and all the preparations for her will make it pass a lot faster. Sometimesyouhave to wait for the best things in life, plus, she's 3.5 hours away and I don't drive soI have no choice or I'd be driving down next weekend to get her! Only 20 days and counting!

That Spice is really one very "GOOD LOOKIN FELLA"

If you weren't so far away I would definitely be roaming around your back yard at night Bunny Napping that beauty, well if that case I would be Bunny Napping all of them.

Susan:apollo:

:shock:He sure doesn't look like he's lost weight in those photos though! You guys would be amazed at how fluffy my boy is for a short haired bunny!

Spice says thanks for the compliments, he is such a cutie and I just love him to bits.

Please God....:pray: Please Please Please, have Venus be the answer to Spice's depression. Please Please Please!!!! :pray:

(My heart sank when I saw your message entitled Poor Spicers. Whata scare. I hope and pray this works, Dear Heart. God knows how you adore your babies and they adore you.)

:hug:positive thoughts heading your way.

Love,

-Carolyn

I dont think Spice will be able to resist this face:

VenusFront.jpg

She is so cute! I cant wait to see what happens when you bring her home!

Carolyn, my heart sank too because I was seriously thinking about rehoming him but others managed to help me past that and I did manage the impossible -- convince my mom Spice needed a friend. If I can get past that hurdle, anything is possible! ;)

Spice is getting a lot of attention again but it's getting hard to do it every day. I have mid-terms starting already. So for right now I'll try to maintain his weight and spirits and maybe hang Uno's picture in his cage.;)

Minilops, the pictures should she showing now, maybe it was a glitch?

Latest posts

Back