The Bunhalla Buns 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I've been waiting so long to get them this cage. I was going to get it for Zeus and Barnaby, then Zeus passed away. Then I wanted to get it for Barnaby, Ziggy, and Berry, but I wanted to wait to make sure they would bond first. The wait was worth it though, the bunnies love it and I love that they're happy. :)

Don't remember if I've tried Sweet Meadow's before. I've tried a bunch of diffrent kinds trying to find the ones they like the best. I'll have to get some next time I need hay again and see if they like it.

It's been pretty laid back around here lately. We got the bunnies an AC for their room and got it installed last weekend - great timing since it's suppose to start getting hotter here around the end of this week.

I've been sick all week, bleh. Pretty much been sleeping all day except for when I need to drag myself out of bed to take care of everyone. The puppy was sick on Monday too because he ate a marshmellow sunday night and it didn't agree with him :shock: Gotta take him to the vet as soon as I'm feeling better for his 6 month heart worm test and to schdule his neuter. I'm sooo nervous for that, the last pet I had go under anethesia was Zeus and that's when he died. :nerves1 Completly diffrent situation I know, but still makes me nervous.

But yeah, the bunnies are all doing great. Still loving the cage. I love just sitting in their room and watching them play. Ziggy does the best binkies. He can't just do a normal binkie, he has to be daring and binkie over things... like over a box or over Berry or Barnaby. So funny.

I am sorry to hear your under the weather, I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about the air conditionioning. It was 91F today, fun when you work in a warehouse, but our a/c also was out today.

Our provide a lot of free entertainment don't they. I have one bun, when he is outside in the bun run has to binky off the chain link fence!

i wishh i had a whole room for my bunnies. i love the set up and thier very spoiled.

papillons are beautiful dogs with great personalitis!

Wabbit dad -

Thanks, I am starting to feel better today :) Bleh that stinks the ac went out at your work. I hate the heat so I think I'm happier than the bunnies are that we got the new ac. It's in the window in their room, but does a pretty good job at keeping the living room cool too. :)

They are entertaining! I'd rather sit in the bunny room and watch them than watch Tv.

Fuzz -

Thanks, the bunnies looove their room and I'm so happy we had the extra space to be able to give it to them. :)

I loooove papillons! I have always wanted one since I first discovered the breed when I was a kid. Kit has an awesome personality and he's just been such a joy. He'll be 6 months old tomorrow. Hard to believe that it's been that long already.

It is good to hear that you are feeling better.

Sorry, I don't have a/c at work, it was my house that the a/c went out in for two days! Argh! I would walk into the bunny room and I would get looks like "Slave our kingdom is exceptionally hot today, do something about it now!" A service call later and the bunny kingdom is once again a pleasantly cool 78F, my masters are happy now.

Six months already! I love my rabbits and when I think back on how long I have had some I am amazed too, time fly's when your having fun.

I hope your furry masters are taking it easy on you while you recuperate.

All the pets are doing fine :) This is going to be another update thats more about me than the bunnies, so skip it if you want :)

I'm engaged!

On July 2nd my boyfriend and I went to the park. I took Kit and he brought his kendo stuff. While he was praticing kendo I was walking around playing with Kit. At around 11pm we packed up to leave and Chris said he wanted to walk along the water front on the way home. We stopped at one point to just listen to/watch the water. It was so pretty out, big full moon and we where the only people left at the park. Chris said he had to get something from his kendo bag, and yup...it was a ring box!

So now, after 8 and a half years of being together, we are finally engaged :biggrin2:

Ahh! How did I miss this? CONGRATULATIONS! Very happy for you both! Didja set a date yet? Are the buns giving you away...? :)

Another non-bunny update lol (I know, what's wrong with me?)

Kitsune hasen't been doing well lately. He had a pretty bad allergy attack Sunday night and we had to take him to the emergency vet. His cute little face was all swollen up and he was covered in hives. He's starting to feel better now, the swelling has gone done, but he isn't 100% yet.

Yesterday morning my parents had to put Naomi, our family dog, to sleep. She was pretty old for her breed and had been dealing with a lot of health problems for the past couple of years. I'm really going to miss her, and wish that I had gotten to see her one last time. But I'm glad she's no longer in any pain.

Naomi.jpg

The bunnies are doing well. I don't really have many new pictures of them. Kit is in a 12 week long photo contest so after taking millions of pictures of him I haven't taken many of the bunnies. This weeks photo challange in the contest was to use a orange prop. Since I haate the color orange and barely have anything orange, I took a few pictures of Barnaby dressed in his pumpkin costume next to Kit lol. I can share those. Barnaby really looks less than enthused in these pictures though lol.

DSCN1711.jpg

DSCN1728.jpg

DSCN1730.jpg

DSCN1719.jpg

DSCN1716.jpg

DSCN1717.jpg

I swear Kit thinks he's a bunny too lol. He always tries to groom them and loves to snuggle up with them.

Unfortuantly I don't have any recent pictures of Berry or Ziggy. It's finally started to get hotter here and both of them are molting right now, so they're not really looking their best.

Just look at how cute they are together -- it always amazes me to see people's dogs and cats getting along with their buns. I'm pretty sure it's an impossibility for my Kirby to get along with a dog or cat. I would have thought buns would be scared, but a lot of other people's don't seem to be. Very cute pictures!

Thanks! :biggrin2:

Kit really does love his bunnies. I got Kit when he was only 9 weeks old and started socializing him with the bunnies early so he would learn that he has to be gentle with them. Barnaby lived with a golden retriever at his old house and also use to hang out with Naomi, so he has been around dogs before. I don't know if Ziggy and Berry had ever been around dogs before I got them but they arn't scared of much.

12 week long photo contest? Where is this, that they give you challenges? I'm just curious, it sounds pretty cool hha.

I love Barnaby's facial expression in the pumpkin costume! haha and how happy he looks when Kit laid a nice big wet one on him haaaaa :D :D :D TOO CUTE!

Thanks!!

The contest is on a dog forum/website I'm a member of. The website is Dogster.com (it's pretty much like a bunspace, but for dogs instead of rabbits), but the contest has been going on for a few weeks already so they arn't allowing anyone new to join this specific contest. Also only members with plus accounts can get into the contest section of the forums. You have to pay like $19 or something like that to get a Plus account for a year.

But yeah, it's really fun. They give photo challanges each week and then eleminate a few people each week. The winner at the end will get some small prizes, nothing big really, but the contest is still really fun.

Kit is almost completly better from his allergy attack, thankfully! We really thought we could have lost him there for a few days.

The bunnies are running around the bunny room as I type. I need to get in there sometime today to clean. I'll try to take some new pictures then!

Thanks!!

I've been away for a few days. I went to upstate NY to visit with my sister and 3 year old niece. My parents and little brother went too so it was really nice to get to see everyone.

The bunnies and the rest of the pets stayed home with my fience. He does a wonderful job watching them, the only person I really trust my animals with.

While I was on vacation I went to an agracultural fair. They had lots of animals there. Mostly farm animals, but some things like exotic birds and camels and stuff.

They had a whole huuge building filled with rabbits because they were having shows there as well. Oh my gosh I have never soon so many rabbits in one place before. I was soooo tempted to buy one! They had this adorable nethie that was only $10, and I came very close to bringing him home. They had some huge flemish gaints that where like 4 times the size of my dog, lol. I loved them. I think I'd like to get a flemmie someday when we live in our own place instead of an apartment. I also fell completly in love with the mini rex babies!

I even called Chris to ask if I could get one. He said no, lol. Later on that night I was telling him more about them and apparently he didn't understand before that all the rabbits where from show breeders and not breeding mills. He said if I wanted I could go back and get one, but at that point there was no way for me to get back to the fair. Anyways I didn't think it was really a good time to get another one for me. I do want more some day but I think I want to wait a few years so they are spaced out more in age. That way I (hopefully) won't have them all die on me around the same time. The three I have now are all 2 years old, so I'm thinking I should wait untill they are at least 4 or 5 to get another.

My three are doing wonderfully. I spent a lot of time with them today cleaning their room since I was gone for 4 days. Stillll didn't get to take any new pictures because my camra batteries where dead from vacation. I'll have to charge them tonight. Tomorrow is going to be kind of a sad day for me, it's the 1 year annerversary of the death of my heart bunny Zeus. I'm planning on spending a lot of time playing with the bunners tomorrow, so I'll try for some pics.

Exactly one year ago today is the day we lost our Zeus.

I can't believe it's already been a year without him. I still think about him every single day, still wish he never got sick and still wonder if I had done things diffrently if he would still be with us today. I can think about him, and look at pictures of him, without crying now (usually). I remember all the good times like when we first brought him home, the time he stole cake right out of my fience's mouth, how hyper and happy he always was. I miss having him sit on my lap, and how he use to lay his head on the floor next to me when he wanted me to rub his forhead. I even miss how he use to always find ways to cause trouble, even when I thought I had bunny proofed the room 100 times over. How he use to run up behind me and nip my butt when I was sitting in his room, then he would run away and hide and pretend it wasn't him. I miss how he use to sneak into the mini fridge to steal carrots and treats, how I had to keep all my magnets on the top part of the fridge or else he would steal them and hide them in a pile under my bed.

I miss seeing Zeus and Barnaby snuggled up next to each other, playing around together, and grooming. I miss the way Zeus use to love to climb up on my bed and sleep with me, the way his whiskers tickled me in the face in the mornings. Zeus was my constant conpanion through most of my college years, some of the most difficult years of my life. But even when I was alone, I could never feel completly alone when I had a veery happy bunny binkying around my room to go home too every night. All the stress would just seem to melt away when I played chase with him, pet his soft fur, or snuggled up in bed to watch a movie with him.

I miss Zeus' amazing sense of humor. How so much personality could be packed into that little 2 lb body I will never understand. I didn't relize it at the time, but Zeus was my heart bunny. I doupt I will ever find another like him, even if I spent a life time searching. I only had 2 short years with him, but even if I had known what would happen in the end, I would never take back those years for anything. I am a better person for having known him, and because of him I have been able to help countless other rabbits, the firsts on the list being Zeus' best friend Barnaby, and then my other two rabbits Berry and Ziggy.

The day Zeus died, not even 2 minutes before the vet called to tell me that he didn't survive his surgery, it started to pour outside and thunder. I still think of my sweet little blue bunny every time it thunders. I use to hate the thunder, but now I think of Zeus and smile.

All I have left of my Zeus are the memories, photos, a few of his old toys. I keep his memorial picture on top of my bunny's cage, it comforts me to know that in a small way he can be with them. I wish he had lived long enough to make it to the new apartment with us, to see the awesome bunny room I set up for them, and to meet his new brother and sister.

But I know that Zeus wouldn't want me to be sad. So, instead of this being a sad day for me, I'm going to try to make it a happy one. I'm going to spend some extra time in the bunny room with my trio, give them extra love and food and attention, because I know all too well that you never know how long your going to have with them. Everyone give their bunnies an extra head rub today, an extra treat, an extra hour of play time. Appreciate every second you have with your babies while you still have them. Don't take a single day for granted.

Zeus ~ Although you have been gone a year now, I still feel like you are a part of my life. Thank you for sharing your life with me, I hope you enjoyed it. I'm sorry if there was anything I could have done better. I hope you understand that everything I did, especially all the meds and vet trips near the end, where to try to help you. There will never be another that will be able to fill the space you left in my heart. I don't know what happens when things die, but I truely hope that you are still around somewhere, happy and care free. I hope that we will meet again someday. I will always love you.

Latest posts

Back