The Bunhalla Buns 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks :) He is doing well. It doesn't effect him at all and he should be healed up in no time.

The weather here is crazy. It's been cold lately, down into the 40*s and high 30*s at night, but today it's back to 60* again! I had the windows open in the bunny room and the kitchen, it was nice to be able to air the place out without freezing.

I can relate e-vets charge an arm and a leg, I guess its their pound of flesh for having to work in the middle of the night. I am glad Barnaby is doing better.

Barnaby's nose looks like it's healed now to me. It looks a little weird if you look at it from the left side, he has a little "flap" on the corner. But it's not that bad, and not really noticeable if you look at him straight on. I tried to get a picture to show what I'm talking about but all his crazy hair blocked his nose in the picture.

I took Christmas pictures of all the furbabies to use on my Christmas cards this year. You can kind of see what I mean about Barnaby's nose in his picture. And I loove how Ziggy's came out. He's so photogenic.

1.jpg

DSCN3459.jpg

DSCN3464.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

I know I mentioned this before, but this year is the second year I've ran the Bunspace Secret Santa. It's been even more work this year then last, but it's fun. At the beginning of this week I got my bunnies gift in the mail. It just happened to be from a women who I've know for a couple of years from another pet forum. It was weird that it worked out that way (I didn't pick my SS, I had someone else match up half the names including mine).

Anyways she really spoiled my gang! They have two boxes filled with treats and toys to open on Christmas morning. She sent a couple of toys for Kitsune too which was nice! And then there was a small package for me, which I cheated and opened early. Here's what it was...

DSCN3513.jpg

And on the tag it said something like "Zeus will never be forgotten". I was so touched that she thought of my Zeus and cried when I saw the ordainment. I still miss him so much, but it was nice that he was included in Christmas in some way.

You captured some very sweet Christmas pics of the fur-kids. I am glad you shared them with us.

That was so awesome of the other forum member to remember your Zeus in such anice way. Very touching... I am sure I would have been in tears also if someone had sent something like that to memorialize one of my heart-bunnies.

myheart

I love your Christmas pictures especially of Barnaby. He looks like a little furby doll with the hat on!

Thanks for the comments :)

The ordainment is touching. The women who sent it I met on a forum when I first got Zeus, so I've known her for awhile. I use to always post pictures of him and stories of his adventures. I don't know really how to explain it, but it made me feel good to know that I'm not the only person who thinks of him still.

Barnaby is sooo furry. He's gained some weight and his fur has grown longer since I got him rebonded. He looks and acts so much healthier/happer than when he was a single bunny!

I went nuts cleaning the bunny room today, and then doing laundry. My fiance's father is suppose to come over tomorrow (although I doubt he really will, but that's another story) to drop off some furniture. The last time we had company they made a comment about the bunny room smelling like a petting zoo. :shock: It wasn't really that bad, but I admit that I was a little lazy keeping up with the cleaning that day. Still it was kind of embarrassing. Even though I have a feeling that this guy would have made some negative comments even if the bunny room was spotless - he really wasn't an animal person, and that's putting it lightly.

Dragonrain wrote:
The last time we had company they made a comment about the bunny room smelling like a petting zoo. :shock:

I'm sure the buns are probably wondering who those smelly humans are also!:p My guests are asked to please refrain from wearing too much perfume/cologne in the house. Wouldn't want to irritate my buns' nose. Perhaps that's why werarely have people over.:biggrin2:

:biggrin2:

Yes I'm much more concerned about my rabbits comfort than our guests. We don't have many guests either, and I can't see this guy coming over again any time soon. He got all upset when our dog went over and started smelling his computer bag, which I thought was strange and a bit rude, considering the dog lives here and the guy was warned before he came over that we have pets. Plus it's not like Kit was hurting anything.

I really wish I knew some other animal fanatics around here. People who wouldn't get annoyed when all I want to talk about is my pets. I know there are rabbit and papillon meet ups in NYC but I'm pretty shy and have never been able to work up the courage and motivation to go to one.

:biggrin2:

Yup we live in northern NJ, only about 20 mins outside of NYC. My fiance works on Wall St. in Manhattan. :)

The bunny room is looking much nicer after this weekend! I know I never posted updated pics since after the bunnies moved to a different room, but that was mostly because the new room doesn't have a closet, so a bunch of my stuff was just stored in boxes on the floor.

Well over the weekend we got some new furniture, including a long chest of drawers that I put against the wall in their room to store stuff. So now the floor is pretty much completely clear in there. :)

One of my Japanese trapdoor snails, who was named Buttons, passed away over the weekend. I know it's weird to have named my snails and such, but I'm weird like that. RIP Buttons.

Only 10 more days until Christmas and I'm still not done shopping! It's getting kind of stressful, so hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow. I can't believe that pretty soon I'll have to start the bunnies 2010 blog!

Barnaby was driving me nuts last night. For months now the bunnies have had a box in their room, I cut a hole into it and Barnaby loves hanging out inside. But all this time, and they didn't put so much as a single tooth mark in it.

My fiance was extra tired last night, because he stayed up till 3am working the night before than still woke up and went to the office 4 hours later. Barnaby decided that it was the perfect night to start destroying his box.

He was so loud ripping up the box that I went into their room and took it out. I felt bad, because I knew Barnaby was having fun with it. But I made up for it by giving him one of their Christmas toys early.

So I'm done shopping now, mostly because I'm out of money lol. Now I'm just hoping that all the stuff I got online gets here in time! The bunnies are all set, all I'm waiting for for them is a box of hay, which isn't really a gift anyways. But I'm still waiting for a box of stuff I got for the dog, and a few things for my fiance. My pets are so spoiled!

Grr I'm kind of annoyed.

So I use Facebook a lot. I have people on there that I met in forums and stuff as well as family, so I mostly use it to play games and to post pictures of my pets.

Anyways I made a Christmas album and posted all of the bunnies Christmas pictures, as well as some of our dog. I set the picture of Ziggy in the Santa hat to be the cover picture of the album. So I'm expecting all these comments about how cute my furbabies are and such, or no comments at all, least of all am I expecting this.

This guy I've known since I was like 15 comments and asks me if I am going to eat Ziggy for Christmas dinner. :shock:

Um yeah, because I'd totally eat one of my beloved pets. And I'd totally dress my Christmas dinner up like Santa before eating it.... (SARCASM!) :grumpy:

Then he takes it further, he starts talking to me on AIM asking me which one I'm going to eat and stuff. So I just blocked him, and I'm deleting him from Facebook.

I understand that he was probably just joking around or whatever, but talk about bad taste. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with my pets, especially my bunnies, why joke like that?

I think I would be more than annoyed if someone tried to "joke" around like that on my blog. Last year on Halloween, another employee at my workplace asked why I didn't dress-up. She then continued on by saying something about her thinking that I should have killed my rabbits to make a fur wrap to wear for the day. :shock:How cruel and stupid are some people?!! I didn't speak to her for the longest time even though we technically work together. I wish I could hit the "ignore or block" button on her.... ;)

myheart

Ha yeah, So I know I haven't updated in awhile, but my fiance saw that guys post about eating the bunnies and totally lost it on the guy. The guy hasn't spoken to me again since, which I can't say I'm sorry about.

We had a nice relaxing Christmas. The pets all got lots of new toys and treats. Honestly I think I really went overboard with getting stuff for Kit and the bunnies, but they are still having fun playing with their new stuff so it was worth it. My fiance Chris got and built me this awesome set of shelves with attached plant lights for all my plants! I was having trouble with some of them dying on my because we don't get much light in our kitchen. I got some clothes and a Vermont teddy bear and some DVD's too.

A few days after Christmas we got a ride to Walmart from Chris' Mom and picked up our new 42 inch flat screen tv. I'm honestly not crazy about TV and could care less if we even had one or not, but Chris has been wanting a nice one for years now, so he's happy!

Not much is new here. Chris has this week off and I've been loving having him home with me. It's going to be sad when he has to go back to work next Monday. All the pets are doing very well. I can't believe it's almost new years already! Where did the year go?

Latest posts

Back