The Bunhalla Buns 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm insanly happy that things worked out so well and they all bonded. I wouldn't have minded so much if they didn't, except for then that would mean two cages and the pen splitting the room in half. Wouldn't have been a huge deal, but they all have more space this way and if they didn't end up bonding I think I would have taken Barnaby on some bunny dates. He just seems sooo much happier with other bunnies than he did alone.

Works out well for me, I think I'm happier with more bunnies too. :biggrin2: I love watching them play and snuggle together.

Isn't it though? The cutest supervisor I've ever met!

Spent most of the weekend cleaning, bleh. I completly took everything out of the bunny room, washed the rugs, the whole 9 yards. The bunnies are staying in the Xpen in the bedroom untill I get the new cage set up probably tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Lots of pictures and maybe a video tomorrow of the bunners in their new digs!

Whew what a day!

I didn't expect the new cage to come untill around 2ish, when UPS usually comes. On his way to work in the morning, my boyfriend called and said that he saw a UPS truck and that I should get dressed in case they came early. So I got ready to get the door just in case and messed around on the computer for awhile. At around 9am I decided to check the tracking number again and it said delivered!! I went downstairs and the boxes where at the door...I guess the UPS man didn't ring the bell since it was so early?

Chris told me to wait untill he got home to carry the boxes up the stairs, but I just couldn't wait around all day when I could be getting the cage set up! I somehow managed to carry the huge 50lb boxes up our horrable stairs by myself!

See... horrable stairs! We're on the third floor so it's 3 flights of these crappy winding stairs.
stairs.jpg

And here are the boxes sitting in the bunny room.
boxes.jpg

Well of course I got to building it right away! It took me a lot longer than I was expecting but I think that it would have gone a looot faster if I wasn't doing it all myself.

First I unpacked it all...
unpacked.jpg

Then got to building! Here's the first level...
1stlevel.jpg

The second...
2nd.jpg

Ahhhh and then my camra died! So much for my photo documentation of the process, lol. I had to charge my camra battery so the next set of pictures arn't untill after I was finished building it and setting it up (A whopping 6 hours later!)...

Looks like a palace of a cage! :) I would've probably done the same thing. How exciting! Can't wait to see the photos of it all finished with buns enjoying it!

It took me foorever to set it up. Mostly because, after spending nearly $700 on the bunnies in the past week, we opted not to buy the cage guards for the side of the cage (ya know, to keep them from kicking poo out all over the floor). Instead, I made my own cage guards using green fleece. I just cut little ties out of the side of the fleece and used them to tie it on to the sides and backs of the cage.

Here's the whole cage. Sorry the quality of the pictures isn't that good!
cage.jpg

The first floor. This floor has their litter box, hay rack, a box full of stuff to shred, random stuff to chew on, and their gaint water bottle.
1st.jpg

Here's the second floor. So far all it has is their hay placemat and water bowl (this is where I will feed them dinner) and a bunch of toys.
2nd-1.jpg

The third floor. This is where I put a couple of their beds and a hammock - so their lounging/sleeping area. And yet another water bottle, these bunnies will never go thursty! There is also a tiny cage fan on the side in case the AC blows out again, but the fan won't be turned on normally.
3rd.jpg

A close up of the picture behind the cage on the third floor. It's a picture of Zeus, my <3 bunny who passed away last aug.
ze.jpg

And the top of the cage. The hay storage bin up niice and high out of bunnies reach, Bunny Xing sign, a cute little statue of two white rabbits snuggling, and my memorial picture of Zeus next to a stuffed blue peep. Zeus was my blue bunny, and when he sat a certain way I use to say he looked like a blue peep.
top.jpg

I like having the picture of Zeus so close to the cage. I feel like maybe he can be a part of things even though he is no longer with us. I know he would have had so much fun playing in the new bunny room with the others. I really miss him tons still.

Ah well, on a happier note...the only thing to do with the cage now is to...

ADD BUNNIES!!!!!!!!

Ah wait...before we add bunnies.

I forgot I took these pics too - I moved the rugs around in the bunny room and bunny proofed things a little better. No toys or anything fun on the floor yet though since I didn't get to that yet!

Looking into the room. I moved the sessel rug so it doesn't get in the way of the door anymore and used an Xpen to block off the closet doors, most of the heater, and the exposed baseboards...
DSCN1104.jpg

You can see the new rug position better here but the Xpen isn't up...
DSCN1098.jpg

Where I sit to watch the bunnies, lol. I'll try to get something better eventually (Sessel is really uncomfortable to sit on!)
DSCN1099.jpg

Showing how I blocked stuff off with the Xpen...
DSCN1100.jpg

DSCN1101.jpg

And here's the cage...It's against the wall that has the door.
DSCN1102.jpg

Too awesome! The green looks like grass. :D I think you need to paint your walls sky blue and use some cotton balls to dab some clouds on there. :D hehe

Anyone getting sick of this yet? Ha I'm trying to break it up so I don't have one huge post.

At this point the cage was done and the room was all bunny proofed, so I brought the bunnies into the room. I wanted them to go into the cage on their own so I just put them in the room instead of right into the cage.

Here's Barnaby Bean looking at the cage. He's like "what the heck is that thing!?" Ziggy is in the corner.
DSCN1106.jpg

Here's the loppies.
DSCN1105.jpg

It took them no time at all to start exploring the cage!
Berry was the first to investigate.
DSCN1107.jpg

But Barnaby wasn't far behind her...
DSCN1108.jpg

Their cute little bunny butts sticking out of the cage door, and Ziggy starts to show interest...
DSCN1111.jpg

Berry and Barns came back out and Ziggy went in!
DSCN1109.jpg

Yet more coming ...

I closed them in the cage for awhile. I do not usually keep the cage door closed, ever. They have free range of the whole room. However, I wanted them to get use to where litter box is now and learn how to use the ramps and such.

Here are just some pictures of them exploring the cage...
DSCN1112.jpg

DSCN1113.jpg

DSCN1114.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

I had a cute video too but photobucket says it's too large to upload...oh well!

Since I stopped taking pictures all the bunnies have discovered how to use the ramps and were all exploring the diffrent levels. Dinner time for them is at 6 so I better go get that ready!

Thanks for looking!! :D

Oh! I didn't get to see these posts til now! The cage is looking great! I didn't even know there were poo guards - I woulda bought them. I could totally use them. Kirby's kicked god knows how many poops out and now that the condo is in, I can't get it out anymore (built a huge closet beside it, wall to wall)... man when I move out one day, it's going to be pretty interesting!

Your bunny room looks awesome. I really love the little bunny trinkets. Where did you get the Bunny Xing sign? Hilarious. I want one!

Yeah, here they are...

http://www.leithpetwerks.com/prodpage.cfm?prod_code=CG100

I wanted to get them, but they are $36 a set and I'd have to get 3 sets to have them on every level. The cage, chew guards, and shipping where already expensive enough for me! I might get them another time, I'm not sure yet.

The bunny xing sign I got online somewhere, but I can't remember where right now :rollseyes If I come across it again I'll post a link.

I have more cute little bunny trinkets I want to put in the room but I didn't want to overdo it and put too much stuff on top of the cage. My boyfriend said he'll put shelves up for me sometime soon :)

Wow! That wasn't a long post, that was a great post! You did an awesome job and I agree that looks like a bunny palace. Those are some lucky bunny's, must be all those rabbit feet.

Thanks! :D

With 12 lucky rabbit feet they where bound to get lucky eventually ;)

Not much going on today. My arms are killling me from lifting so much yesterday and I have blisters on my hands from building the cage with a crappy screw driver. The bunnies seem to feel at home in the new cage already. I left the cage door open all day but they stayed in the cage most of the day.

Today is a sad day for me :cry1:

Today would have been my rabbit Zeus' 3rd birthday if he haden't passed away last aug. Because probably no one here remembers him - He was my blue nethie that passed away durning a surgery to attempt to remove a growth from the inside of his throat. He was only a little over 2 years old when he left us. He was such an amazing little guy - had the best personality and we'll never forget him. Even though he's almost been gone a year now, I still think about him every day and still miss him like crazy.

If it wasn't for Zeus, I wouldn't have any bunnies right now. I'm glad that I'm able to honor his memmory by giving other bunnies great lives.

So Happy birthday at the bridge to Zeus!

[align=center]
Zeus-1.png

BabyZeus.jpg

Zeus.jpg
[/align]

Spent a lot of time this morning in the bunny room just sitting on the floor with the bunnies. It's funny that they have a whole room to play in, but with the new cage up they are spending most of their time inside the cage.

I got a couple of cute pictures...

"Oh it's the treat lady!"
DSCN1167.jpg

"What!? What do you mean no treats? I disapproave!"
DSCN1186.jpg

A meeting of minds...Probably plotting my demise after I dared to set foot in their room without an offering.
DSCN1160.jpg

Lol look at Barnaby's hair...
DSCN1143.jpg

"I'm taller...No I am!" And Barnaby in the background "But are you sure you didn't bring any snacks???"
DSCN1174.jpg

And the lovely Berry...
"All those boys ever think about is food"
DSCN1177.jpg

She's so pretty :)
DSCN1154.jpg

Not to many pictures of Ziggy. He spent a lot of the time running around and a lot of the pictures of him came out blurry.

I'm really growing veery fond of Berry. She's such a sweetheart. She was shy for awhile but now when I sit on the floor she's always the one to run up and jump on my lap. Oh course I looove watching the boys run around and play, but Berry seems to be the one who likes me the best.

No offence to Farmer Dave, but my rabbits do not like his hay!

I've been doing a little bit of an experiment trying to find what types of hay they like best. So ordered a ton from Farmer Dave online, only to find out that most of the pieces are dry and brown and the bunnies won't eat it. So now there is way more waste hay for me to clean up than I'm use too. The bunnies pile the hay they don't want to eat on top of the litter in their litter box and just pee and poo all over it - Okay guys, I get the message! That means way more cleaning for me, and I have to give them fresh hay way more often so they can pick through and find the good pieces.

I tried to give the puppy a hair cut, on my boyfriends advice because he doesn't want a "floffy girlie looking dog" haha. Poor Kit looks horrable and half way through the hair clippers died out on me so he only ended up with half a hair cut. Aw well, it's only hair. He's still adorable too - I don't think even the worst hair cut in the world could make him look ugly.

Applied to another job today. I hope I get it, I really need a new job. The last place never called back and I was pretty disappointed, but I assume it's because I asked for too much money. I just can't afford to take three trains to NYC and then three back again everyday if I'm barely getting paid enough to cover transportation. Ah well, hopefully I can find something more in my area soon.

Latest posts

Back