The Bun From The Valley of The Sun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SEE! I told you she is tiny! I am watching her like a hawk and watching her poo's I put in a little dish with some water in it for her to drink from it too like you said. Maybe tomorrow we could meet up and you can take a look at her, like I said I'd like another opinion about her. So far she is doing okay but I want to make sure to keep her that way.

Flash Gordon wrote:
aww ur babies are so sweet!! they dont get no cuter then that...

i do have an extra cage if u need it.
everybody means well on RO with advice and help,especially about rescues and adoptions,as long as u care for ur animals ,you dont have to feel guilty about anything....

i absolutely love getting advice on rabbit forums ..i take it all in cuz theres so much to learn about rabbits...but i wouldnt like it if somebody TOLD me what i should do.

i got Flashie and Angel from a breeder and i couldnt imagine my life without them..or if somebody else ended up with them and didnt treat them right...they deserve a loving home too.
I didn't tell anyone do to anything :)

I love the binky video! I think munch is going to be one fluffy bunny when she grows up!

Myia09 wrote:

I love the binky video! I think munch is going to be one fluffy bunny when she grows up!
i understand ur passion for rescues ,,i really do ,ive caught,rescued,fixed,homed 21 bunnies ...but sometimes passion can seem a little pushy,i know u mean well and you have some great advice.......but im pretty sure she wears big girl panties..:)

Flash Gordon wrote:
Myia09 wrote:

i understand ur passion for rescues ,,i really do ,ive caught,rescued,fixed,homed 21 bunnies ...but sometimes passion can seem a little pushy,i know u mean well and you have some great advice.......but im pretty sure she wears big girl panties..:)
LOL lisa..I was just having a discussion about how I am pushy about animals..and I actually don't mind. I rather be pushy then let things slide. :p I don't mean with AZWabbit at all...I just mean in general. Haha is probably is a flaw, I am sure.

My only concern with Soot was the pasterella and the fact she is being housed with Munch and the spread of illness because Pratts really is a horrible place. I have called and cited them with the police twice.. and finally gave up. I don't know HOW they fight these citations. The second time I even had photographic evidence..and I never heard anything about the case. How they treat thier birds is even worse..it is horrendous. And of course you noticed as well how young soot probably is. My problem is with Pratts for selling in the first place. But it is a fact that when you buy from a store, they jsut bring more in to replace. It is a hurtful cycle unfortunatly. And in fact, when thier sales increase, they bring in even larger amounts of rabbits. While Soot definatly needs a good home and AZWabbit will def give it for her, in the end more rabbits get hurt. Heck, I did it with Chewy. She was in horrible problems and health problems. It wasnt until someone showed me the sales report of "Saving Chewy" in fact put 3 more in the same danger, and even death. I wouldn't trade Chewy for the world..but I feel guilty about the 3 other rabbits that are probably not living in the best conditions.

While I am very happy for Soot, I think most rescues/people would agree that "rescuing" a rabbit from a store is more harm than good. I didn't even say anythign about a breeder or breeding..Munch is from a really nice breeder who takes good care of her rabbits. While of course I support adoption first, buying for a reputable breeder isn't neccsarily a bad choice.

Blah Blah Blah. Let's just got with more Munch and Soot cuteness :)

Thanks Lisa for the link!
I was wondering, any thoughts on possibly finding a doe that has a litter who may foster Soot? Is that even possible? Just a thought that came to mind.

Myia I could try and make a case with Soot showing comparison pictures with Munch who is the same breed and is 8 weeks old. I could even have Beth validate it all and see if maybe we could get a citation to stick. I agree it wasnt right that they sold Soot, dont get me wrong I love her to pieces but she is very young.

Good news is tho, I did do some research today on pasterella and Soot is not showing any signs (this isnt going to stop me from taking her to the vet) so thats good!

Update:
So a little update on Munch and Soot. Munch and Soot are pretty much the same. Soot's poo seemed to of grown in size just a little and its still the same little round pellet shapes so this is very good!

I think Munch is starting to become my little heart bunny. Last night as we watched a movie we had the "girls" on the bed with us and Munch continued to jump up in my lap nudging my hand, licking and lightly nibbling my fingers trying to get my attention. Shes one of those "Look at me! Hey! Hey! Over here" types :) its adorable.

Soot last night pretty much stayed at the end of the bed and flopped on her side and fell asleep :) So when our movie was over I picked her up and put her in the cage and she thumped loudly against the bottom of the cage as if she was angry that I woke her up.

Update on Cupid (hamster)
Cupid is a happy go lucky hamster however! This morning when I went to get my kid I looked into Cupid's cage and didnt see her.. So here I am "Oh no.. I've got an escape artist on my hands" decided well there's no harm in opening Cupid's cage and dig around in the litter just to see if she had buried herself in there. About two seconds with my hand dipped into the bedding I find her, not in any way I'd like for I must of scared her and she acted out and bit me. So the good news is Cupid is fine but Cupid likes to hide underneath the litter. So I fed her and gave her some of my babies Timothy Hay and left it at that.

I just read your blog, OMG they are so cute!!!! It is a good thing I am on the East coast or I would have to bunny knap them! :)

When my Becky went on dates last weekend I was really hoping she would pick one of the two lionhead boys. Turns out she wanted a lesbunn rather than a husbunn. I adore Cinderealla, but not quite as cute. Lionheads just seem like rock stars :)

What adorable bunnies! Welcome to the RO family. :biggrin2:I'm sure you will learn a TON of things while you are here with us. Your bunnies will teach you new things every day, I am sure. I'm not from AZ, very very far from there really so I really cannot help you like the others have been helping but I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your blog.

My parents got me a hamster when I was 3 and it was really aggressive with me. They really hadn't researched it so they brought it back as well and that's how I got started with guinea pigs afterwards. To be honest, I still don't like hamsters too much (well not to own) til this day only because they aren't really my type with being nocturnal and all. They sure are adorable as heck though aren't they? Yours is too cute :biggrin2:I'm glad your daughter has taken more of a liking to them than I did. :p

Your daughter is adorable as well. :biggrin2:It's nice that she is being taught about pets so young. Congrats on the pregnancy! When are you due?

I hope your tooth heals quickly. :)Looking forward to more stories and pictures... ;)

Thanks Nela! I'm glad you had fun reading my blog.

Speaking about hamsters I'm actually starting to think my daughter's hamster may be pregnant. She is starting to nest and gather food, its kinda odd. I've only seen one hamster do this before and she was pregnant and she ate her babies O_O Lovely right? So I have moved my daughters Hamster out of her room and into mine that way she has a more quiet space just encase she is pregnant. I should know in about a weeks time or so.

I believe its very important to introduce children to all types of animals at an early age, to teach them to respect and love animals :) Thats how I was raised ^_^

Thanks for the congrats about my pregnancy I'm not sure on my due date at this moment for my first appointment with my DR is on the 24th and so I wont know until then.

I am feeling better :) my tooth on the other hand got ripped out so I threw it away LOL. So now I'm just healing from having it pulled. But today I feel a lot better.

So back onto Munch and Soot

Soot's poo is doing a lot better and infact she decided to leave her cecal on my bed this morning. So It helps my mind a lot!

Munch is happy go lucky Munch, eating happily and pooing a bunch! But good happy poos. However I need to figure out how to keep her fuzz out of her eyes. Grooming tips welcome!

Today I'm going to clean their cage and their litter box which litter training could be going better. Especially since Munch thought it cute to pee on my husbands pillow last night... whoops.

ya my friend had a hamster we had to wear rubber gloves when we held it cuz it enjoyed making us bleed it was a cannibal too it ate all its babies

I'm so bumed out! Okay I've been sick and still recovering thus why no updates but when I was on craigslist I was looking up rabbit/bunny cage and look what I found:
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pet/2224585302.html

Look familiar? She is Munch's Sister! The age is the same etc and I can't believe it! I'm going to try calling her today and see what she wants as a "rehoming" fee...

Okay yeah.. I'm gonna go out and pick her up. It is Munch's sister. I asked her where she got her and she told me the same breeder and Munch and her have the same birthday etc so yep.. what are the odds huh?

Perez28 wrote:
im sure munch will be happy to see her if u dont mind me asking why are the owners giving her up

Because she didnt clear it with her boyfriend first. In her add she said it was her "roomate" but when I called she told me it was her boyfriend.

Whoa! 4 animals in 10 days..that is a big take on. I hope you can still afford to buy the pens. Good luck on those spays too ;)

Latest posts

Back