The Bun From The Valley of The Sun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stumbled across this blog and Munch and Soot are soooooo cute!! I think you did the right thing by taking Soot home. And I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Feel better soon! I hate amoxicillin :expressionlessBronchitis and step? Yuck, that's a nasty combination. :expressionlessTake care and rest plenty!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and the prayers for a speedy recovery. Sadly I lost my voice completely yesterday and its thanks to the strep throat. I had my husband call the DR and I guess it can be expected. So this just really stinks, I hate being sick and I cant cuddle with my buns because the hay seems to make my nose run which causes my throat to hurt more so that makes me pretty sad because I'd love to cuddle with munch or soot right about now :(
I'm kind of a downer today because my mom got into a car accident after dropping off my daughter. I can't help but feel guilty because if she just kept my daughter over night instead of dropping off she wouldn't of gotten in the car accident and totaled her car. She's fine just shaken up but still I cant help feel guilty.
My husband has been taking care of Munch and Soot and he think Munch hates him. I guess Munch has been thumping alot when he lets her out and puts her back in. She also nipped at him when he fed her this morning.. I tried to express to him that Munch is probably upset that I'm not there. A plus side however, my husband likes Soot a lot. He was sitting down on the couch with Soot in his lap stroking her chin and just enjoying her company. I think my husband cant wait for me to be back to normal. The cat he can handle and the same with a dog, I guess rabbits are not his thing... but I think soot may change that about him.
Right now its one day at a time, good news tho is I have my first obgyn dr appointment so I should hear some news and see my baby for the first time -crosses fingers-

wow rough day well i hope you get your voice back soon and that your mom is okay no reason to feel guilty sometimes silly things just happen im glad shes alright im sure munch will warm up to your husband he just needs to be patient with her im sure shes upset that shes not with u best of wishes hope your doc appointment goes well

:hugsquish:

I'm sorry things are so rough there. I'm so relieved to hear that your mom is fine though. Material can be replaced and fixed. Don't feel guilty. We have no control over those things. You couldn't have known. I hope you feel better soon! Looking forward to hearing about your first appointment :biggrin2:

Thank you very much Perez and Nela! I do appreciate the warm thoughts <3 They always seem to help me through days like that.

So I'm sure some of you are excited to know about how my obgyn appointment went so here's your update:

2hgvg90.jpg

So I found out I am 11 weeks and 1 day pregnant ^_^ today and that my due date is September 14th, but since I have already had one C-section I will be having another. Which will be scheduled for one week before my due date so around September 7th!
I'm excited yet a little worried on how my daughter is going to react to another baby in the house etc.
Wont know what the gender is for another six weeks or so but if I had to take a guess I would guess another girl, but we will see ^_^
The doctor today said besides me having no voice, strep throat and bronchitis I'm pretty healthy and that he thinks the pregnancy will be pretty normal.

I'll update with more info about Munch and Soot with some pictures as soon as I feel a little bit better, where I can actually be around my girls.

Edit:
Totally Forgot to update on my mom. My mom is doing okay, sore but okay, I'm so happy that she wasn't hurt and that it was just the car. Thankfully my family is in the car business so it can be easily replaced.

cool a september baby like meee im sure your daughter would love a baby i know my baby sister loves to take care of little kids just ask her to help mommy well hope you get better soon

awwww i dont know what the heck im lookin at in that pic ,but if a babies in there then she/he gets my awwww
how u feeling my friend?..hopefully ur voice is coming back and ur strarting to feel better now that u have some drugs in ya:).

Have you ever felt like your stuck? Or that things are not moving as quickly as they should be? Thats how I am feeling the last couple of days.

I have been on these antibiotics for a bit now and here I am still sick with a horrible sore throat and coughing up nasty stuff. I'm just at the point now that I'm tired of being sick, I want to cuddle with my babies both my buns and my daughter. But I dont want to prolong my sickness by being around my bunnies and I dont want to get my daughter sick, so basically I have been trying not to go insane here at home. I think if I'm not feeling better by Monday I should get back into the Dr and do some more testing to see whats going on because this is starting to take its toll on me.

Perez:
I hope my daughter will like her new brother or sister and I'm going to try to keep her as much involved with this pregnancy as possible. I even decided when I make this babies, baby book that my daughter can help pick out what to put in it etc. Have her try and get excited about the baby ^_^
Thanks for the get well soon thoughts

Heya Lisa!
The ultrasound picture really isn't the best and my Dr was having a hard time getting a good picture of the baby so its hard to tell what your looking at. But basically its the baby's back that you see, already just like their sister they are showing to be stubborn lol. I'm sure in a month or two I'll have a better ultrasound picture.
I wish I was feeling better :( I really do! It seems as soon as I get my voice I loose it again. For example I always sound best in the morning and by the afternoon/evening I've lost my voice again and sound like a broken squeaky toy. Hopefully I'll feel better in the next day or two because I rather not go to anymore doctors but I got to do what I got to do.

I read your blog today and I'm sorry your having bun problems, especially with Flashie having a "moment" but I'm sure your right, its probably because of Ms Perty getting spayed. Hopefully everyone settles down soon. Could it also be cause of the weather?

Ya I know how being stuck feels my mom just got outta hospital she has been in the hospital for a month what was supposed to be one surgery turned into three she still in pain

Hey,

I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I did see your update soon after you posted but I'm only getting around to replying now. :expressionlessLol.

I'm so happy that you were able to go to your appointment. I bet you were really happy too! I'm glad it's all going well. Well, aside from being sick that is. Looking forward to seeing more updates. :biggrin:

Feel better soon!

Pregnancy is awesome! and wow, your almost 3 months! How exciting! Im 7 months today actually. Have you started to get a big baby bump yet? I didnt start showing until like 4 months cause my belly was flat to start with. Have any names picked out?
Also, I want some updated pics of your bunnies :) They are SO darn cute!
Great blog, keep it up

Thanks everyone for the get well soon wishes, sadly to report I haven't gotten better. So tomorrow I am going to my Dr to get checked out again. >.> kinda annoyed with that but ya do what you have to.

I was excited to go to the appointment and it did make my day to see my babies heartbeat! Infact today I made my appointment for April 21st to find out what the gender of my baby is ^____^ so excited for it! Although I think we are having another girl lol!

As for showing, nope I am not showing yet. I doubt I'll show any time soon since I was still in the process of loosing baby weight from my first pregnancy so I'm still a little chubby. Oh well it will be one of those mornings I'll wake up and notice how big I've actually gotten!

As for names, yes we do have a set of names picked out ^^
Girl:
Victoria Valentine
Boy:
Cooper Scott

The boy name has more significants than the girl's. The name Cooper is to honor my mother's maiden name since there is no one to continue the name, so I thought that was a nice way to honor my mother's family. As for "Scott" my husband's middle name is Scott so I wanted to honor him somehow and since he's Jewish the baby can't be named after him (as much as he'd love that) I guess its bad JuJu.

Anyhoos onto Bunny updates:

Here are some pictures of my girls, I wanted to take some pictures of Soot and show her off. She's real difficult to take pictures of somehow but I managed to get one good one and I also wanted to show off her size comparison to Munch

anihcp.jpg

Size difference between Soot and Munch
35hftjo.jpg

2jb9kkz.jpg

Munch Pics
(I LOVE how Munch's Mane is coming in!!)
2qci786.jpg

2zgi58p.jpg

9a1sgi.jpg

I love this face
21exk6b.jpg

5th on down for Munch is my fav!..and i xcllnt pic of little Soot Soot.what a little doll..:)..
ya know im thinkin the size difference between them might just be all that hair of MUnches ..thats one furry bunny.!!:)
it sucks ur still not feeling well...if u need anything let me know i can deliver u some hay too when ur ready...i wont be having ANY KINDA contact with you tho...nope nuh huh no way...ill drop at the door and split:)..i like my voice the way it is just fine..:)...besides im horrible when im sick cuz i dont stop and rest i still keep chuggin along ....wearing myself out.
really like the names u have picked out!..i love the girls name the most...very pretty.

Yeah you'd think that you'd be picking up a little bunny hiding in a lot of fluff but Munch actually got a pretty big body in there ! It surprises me every time I pick her up, and she heavy in comparison to Soot.

I was talking to my husband about Soot and he brought up a good point.. Could there be a chance that Soot could be mixed with a Dwarf breed? Maybe thats the reason she's so tiny?

Thanks Lisa for the offer but my husband went out the other day and picked up some more hay and alfalfa so I'm good for now. I also dont blame you! This bug is nasty!!!

Lionheads can range in size. I have seen 2lbs to 6lbs in lionheads.

Latest posts

Back