The Bun From The Valley of The Sun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzWabbit

Reaction score
[align=center]Howdy!
Since today is the day I brought home my baby lionhead bunny I decided I should make a blog for her :3 and update everyone on my experience with my new baby :3

As some of you know I have decided to get a lionhead bunny from a local breeder here in Arizona, you can view the breeder here:
http://hiphopranch.webs.com

If you live in Arizona I would highly recommend this breeder. She is very sweet and knowledgeable and breeds very sweet babies!

Anyhoooos now onto the star of my blog:

1z3sbbk.jpg

wqyl45.jpg

11v15ea.jpg

DOB: 12/17/2009
Color: Blue Tort

She sat on my lap the entire car ride home and never struggled or tried to get away, she was content and happy to have her ears scratched. She is so sweet and so mellow!

So now I'm trying to think of a name for her, here's a couple that came to mind (I will probably think of more to add to the list, any suggestions will be appreciated)

Munch
Kawaii
Shiloh
(Just a few that came to mind)

[align=center]Great start to your blog! She is SOOO cute!

What about any of these names?

Ari
Corryn
Hari
Kefira
Lea
Kiara
Nuka
Sarabi
Shizi
Vitani

I know, very unusual names XD

I went and looked at the breeder's available bunnies, and OH MY GOODNESS THE HOLLAND LOP ORANGE VIENNA MARKED BUCK IS SO CUTE.

Very Cute Bunny.

Patti she wrote down the 12/17/2009 wouldn't that make her over a year old?

Looking forward to more pictures of your little Beauty.

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Very Cute Bunny.

Patti she wrote down the 12/17/2009 wouldn't that make her over a year old?

Looking forward to more pictures of your little Beauty.

Susan:)

I accidently placed 09 I mean to place 2010 as the year she was born.. I guess I had a brain fart or something o_O.. I'm sorry

Slavetoabunny:
I dont know if I calculated it wrong but she would be 8weeks on the 11th so I got her a day early from the 8week mark, however I can see your point ^_^

Yeild:
Thanks for the name suggestions! I'll have to keep them in mind, my hubby said if we name her munch we will have to get two others and name them bunch, and crunch.. I love my dorky hubby. I was looking at that rabbit to! He's so cute but I've been dead set on a female lionhead for a while now :) You should see whats in her nesting box! SO cute!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my sweet little girl!

Lol cute name Perez I'll have to keep it in mind, I'm sure in a few days she'll come out of her shell and I'll have a better idea what to name her :)

Now I took everyone's advice about my cage set up :) So here it is all improved:

35me0pe.jpg

vg0hg4.jpg

bhlr3m.jpg

I was able to find some fleece fabric at walmart for only 1.99 a yard so I got three yards for now :)

I also took up someones advice about the alfalfa in a toilet paper roll :)

[align=center]Day 2
First night having the new baby home went well :)
She mostly chilled out in her new cage and munched on some alfalfa.
So onto this morning.
This morning I woke up with a horrible tooth pain and had to call the dentist who wasnt in today, so I left him a message.
In the meantime while I waited for the dentist to give me a call back I checked on the bunny and noticed there was little rabbit poo everywhere besides her litterbox. So I scooped it all up and put it in her litterbox to hopefully coax her into using it.
From there I noticed her water bottle leaks.. HORRIBLY. So sunday when I go down to petco to check out that rabbit event I plan on getting a new water bottle from there.
Soon after I cleaned up my baby's cage I got a phone call from my dentist and he said he'd come in to see if he could fix/save the tooth. So I quickly got my daughter up and dressed and picked up my mother-in-law to help me with her (she's only 15months) while I'm at the dentist. Once there he takes a look at my tooth and told me its a baby tooth and needs to be pulled, he cant save it (joy../sarcasm. So my tooth gets ripped out and we go back to my inlaws where I can relax some.
As the day went on we decided to go out to lunch (bad idea) and you'd think it would be the new giant hole in my mouth that would of given me the problem.. no it was my lovely daughter kicking and screaming the entire time we were there..I pretty much shoveled food and paid the bill and left..
So today hasnt been that great I'm just happy I got to come home, put my daughter down for a nap and cuddle with my new fuzz baby. [/align]

So my husband and I decided on a name :) We both think the name "Munch" is very fitting for this little girl.. as it seems thats what she loves to do! She loves to Munch on anything and everything. She tried munching on my shirt today, my husbands pants, and she munches all day on her food, hay and toys. Its cute lol.

Hi AZ rabbit! I am also here in AZ! I also had a rabbit from Beth, a REW Netherland Dwarf, who unfortunately passed away. She is a very nice woman!

She is too adorable! :)

Have you thought about getting an NIC cage? That super pet cage isnt' going to last her very long! I can help you out!

Are you offering timothy hay as well? Or are your pellets timothy? Just curious! Hay is the main staple! ;)

She will also be ready to spay in a while. I know of a great spay and nueter program who has great prices in Phoenix. All of my rabbits have been spayed and nuetred from them!
Remember..the chances of Munch of getting cancer or other health related problems from not being spayed is astronomical. Also, she might lose her ability to pee/poop in the box! I couldn't get my lionhead fixed due to health problems and she wouldn't use the box at all!

If you ever want to talk bunnies or chat, feel free to email me! Or my facebook is Myia Milone!

Myia09 wrote:
Hi AZ rabbit! I am also here in AZ! I also had a rabbit from Beth, a REW Netherland Dwarf, who unfortunately passed away. She is a very nice woman!

She is too adorable! :)

Have you thought about getting an NIC cage? That super pet cage isnt' going to last her very long! I can help you out!

Are you offering timothy hay as well? Or are your pellets timothy? Just curious! Hay is the main staple! ;)

She will also be ready to spay in a while. I know of a great spay and nueter program who has great prices in Phoenix. All of my rabbits have been spayed and nuetred from them!
Remember..the chances of Munch of getting cancer or other health related problems from not being spayed is astronomical. Also, she might lose her ability to pee/poop in the box! I couldn't get my lionhead fixed due to health problems and she wouldn't use the box at all!

If you ever want to talk bunnies or chat, feel free to email me! Or my facebook is Myia Milone!

Howdy Myia!
Its good to find another person from AZ around here! I'm sorry to hear about your bun who passed away (rip) but I'm happy to hear you know the same breeder and think highly of her as well :)

I give Munch a generous handful of Timothy hay and Alfalfa because someone told me that Alfalfa was really important to a young baby's diet right now :) As for her pellets I purchased 5lbs directly from beth which she feeds her buns Purina Show Rabbit Chow. I am already looking into Feed stores that are close by me who may also sell this type of feed or I may order it online. I kinda wanted to keep her on what Beth had her on :)

As for her cage, since I just purchased the cage and all those items etc I'm kind of taped out on cash right now Lol and I had hoped that the cage would last her a month or two at least o_O It did cost me a pretty penny after all. But I have been keeping an eye open for bigger cages on craigslist and this might sound weird but I'm not sure what NIC cages are.. from what I've seen they look like wire storage bins somehow combined together to make cages.. Am I close?

ANY help you can give or tips of a good cost friendly spay and neuter clinic would be helpful! I plan on getting her spayed because growing up I had a female dog pass away from a type of uterine cancer which could of been prevented if we spayed her. So knowing that, I'd always spay or neuter any pet.

Thank you for the response and the help! I really do appreciate it! Munch is such a sweetheart and I love her to pieces so I am trying to be as open as possible :)

Perez:
No worries hun.

Latest posts

Back