The adventures of Esta!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First she loved that apple... it was fun just to watch her dig in. :)

As for her weight.. she's just a tick under 7lbs. She gained a bit of weight since I've had her. She really ate a lot when I first got her.

She's such a sweet bunny!!

Jeff :D

Ah... Esta is a nice sized little girl... :D I miss having a larer-sized bunny in the house. My Maggie used to be about six pounds and I absolutely loved to cuddle her. She fit in the crook of my arm just so... just like holding a baby over my heart.... :D

myheart wrote:
Ah... Esta is a nice sized little girl... :D I miss having a larer-sized bunny in the house. My Maggie used to be about six pounds and I absolutely loved to cuddle her. She fit in the crook of my arm just so... just like holding a baby over my heart.... :D

She sure is a big bunny and so lovable. She licks my legs all the time.

Jeff

Jeff_F wrote:
She sure is a big bunny and so lovable. She licks my legs all the time.

Jeff

Awe... Esta is grooming you!!! Too sweet!!! :inlove:

I know of a few people on the forum who would be so jealous if they found out that Esta is grooming you already.You know she may have chosen you for her boyfriend.... :hearts:

myheart

myheart wrote:
:waiting:Wednesday.... no update yet....

How did your appointment go yesterday, Esta?
OH sorry for the delay. IT went great!! :)I did get the shield off Monday night and I did mess around with the wound but overall it's all nice pink skin there. :) Just a bit more healing to go but all good. I do have to were the shield for a bit more but in two weeks it should all be healed! YES!!

More Pic...
Me..
016.jpg

Me and my daddy.
023.jpg

My aunt Jenny
028.jpg

So I'm happy and love my daddy and aunt Jenny...:inlove:

Jeff

Awe... there's our pretty little Esta... :D

I'm sorry she has to wear the cone for a while longer. I was so hoping this last visit would be it, and she would be free to do her own thing. I guess the vet just wants to make sure the wound is completely healed, which is a good thing. Your must be tougher than me... I think I would be sneaking the cone off for a few hours every day because I wouldn't be able to stand seeing her with it on anymore.

Good job making her all better... :D

myheart

myheart wrote:
Awe... there's our pretty little Esta... :D

I'm sorry she has to wear the cone for a while longer. I was so hoping this last visit would be it, and she would be free to do her own thing. I guess the vet just wants to make sure the wound is completely healed, which is a good thing. Your must be tougher than me... I think I would be sneaking the cone off for a few hours every day because I wouldn't be able to stand seeing her with it on anymore.

Good job making her all better... :D

myheart

It's hard to see at times but it's the best for Esta. But she does function very well with it on so two more weeks is not going to be a big deal for her.

And thanks.. it's been a long road but well worth it. If I didn't take Esta to the vet right away Jenny would have. ;)

Jeff

I thought I would post since I can't find it anywhere else. Jeff took Ester (real name) to the kill shelter here in Knoxville. We were never contacted by him. I am not trying to start something, but I don't understand, as it is in our adoption contract that we must be at least contacted if the rabbit adoption doesn't work, but I am very upset. We do have Ester back. She is fine, minus a few issues. I am again upset with how this was handled. I don't understand why we were not contacted when it went wrong.

His reason on the surrender form was landlord (even if I talked to the guy twice, plus another apartment mang.) and that he didn't trust me with her.

HopsandLops wrote:
I thought I would post since I can't find it anywhere else. Jeff took Ester (real name) to the kill shelter here in Knoxville. We were never contacted by him. I am not trying to start something, but I don't understand, as it is in our adoption contract that we must be at least contacted if the rabbit adoption doesn't work, but I am very upset. We do have Ester back. She is fine, minus a few issues. I am again upset with how this was handled. I don't understand why we were not contacted when it went wrong.

I am so sorry for you.... It all sounded like a good match and that Ester would truly be loved in her new forever home. I do wish I could take Ester and give her the forever home she really needs. She seems like such a sweetheart of a bun.

Best wishes on getting her a new home :hug:

myheart

Well she will be staying with us forever now. Her behavior is not what it was and I am again not trying to start anything but it makes no sence at all to me. I have talked to Jeff, well if you can call it talking, and his reason was he didn't trust me with her, so he took her to the co. shelter. In his opinion the kill shelter was a better place then my home.

I have been crying a bit because of some of the not so nice words he said but I will get over it. I am so sorry to hijack the blog, but I thought I would at least let everyone know Ester is safe, shaken but safe.

I am so glad you were able to have her released back to you. I do agree with you, she will need lots of extra TLC for a while. People don't realize how traumatic it is to any animal not to be in a stable and loving environment for the duration of their lifetime. Being passed around and caged in various environments can really upset them to a point of never being adoptable again.

Big sigh of relief that she is back with you. Please keep us posted on her recovery and do let me knowif there is anything Icould do to help this little girl.

myheart

Latest posts

Back