The adventures of Esta!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No picsjeff and esta you are in trouble hope you had a great first night home

Esta.:( I got into a fight last night. I got a boo boo on my hip and I had to get a bandage. sniff... I hope my daddy and Aunt Jenny are not going to be mad at me!! :(

:bigtears: It hurt and I just want to make my humans happy!

Jeff: I could not get Esta last night. BUT!! I'll get her today at 2PM!! Jenny and I are going to pick her up and I can't wait!!

I'll post pics asap!!!

Jeff/Jenny and Esta!! :bunny18

Jeff_F wrote:
Esta.:( I got into a fight last night. I got a boo boo on my hip and I had to get a bandage. sniff... I hope my daddy and Aunt Jenny are not going to be mad at me!! :(

Awe.... Esta that just makes me cry to know that you didn't go home when you were supposed to. I would have not idea why you were out with another bunster on the day you were going home... Were you on a date that didn't go well?

myheart

myheart wrote:
Jeff_F wrote:

Awe.... Esta that just makes me cry to know that you didn't go home when you were supposed to. I would have not idea why you were out with another bunster on the day you were going home... Were you on a date that didn't go well?

myheart

No.. sniff... I was being cleaned to go home and I got in a fight.. sniff... It hurt but I just want my daddy and aunt Jenny NOW!! :(

I want to curl up in Aunt Jennies lap!!

Esta.... :bigtears:

He Esta this is Rudy, Wabbitdad12 is my slave. Tell your slave that a couple of craisins make boo boo's heal much faster. Gotta go, he doesn't know I can get on the internet. Time to look cute and fluffy.

Esta: I'm very very sick. My daddy took me to the bunny dr and my would is very big. I have a bandage on it and they had to remove a lot of dead skin. :(:( The dr said it's life threatening. I WANT MY DADDY!!

Jeff: I'm so upset.. Esta is such a lovely bunny.. I just hope and pray that she pulls through this. Keep her in your thought.

Jeff :bigtears:

She got in a fight with another bunny and she got cut. It was a flap of skin that was louse and the woman who had the bunny just used a liquid bandage to seal it up.

The vet I go to put Esta under anistatia and removed all of the dead skin. It's a large would.. the size of a palm. She's resting and she will stay over the weekend at least.

Jeff :(

Oh no!!!! I will keep Esta in my thoughts. Get better for your daddy Esta. He loves you so much!!!

Jeff_F wrote:
She got in a fight with another bunny and she got cut. It was a flap of skin that was louse and the woman who had the bunny just used a liquid bandage to seal it up.

The vet I go to put Esta under anistatia and removed all of the dead skin. It's a large would.. the size of a palm. She's resting and she will stay over the weekend at least.

Um... shouldn't the wound have been taken care of by a vet before Esta was allowed to go home with you? I mean a wound the size of a palm...? I know accidents happen, but this type of wound with a vet stay...?

Sorry, I feel like I am venting for you. I really wanted this to be a positive homecoming for Esta with all of the fixings. She looks like such a sweet little girl who has found the perfect home for herself, and she can't even watch tv with you tonight.

Please keep us all posted on Esta's healing and homecoming. I am sending lot's of healing prayers Esta's way. When Esta is up to feeling photogenic, perhaps a few nice pics of her enjoying her new home would be great to see.

:pray: :hug:{{{hugs to you and Esta}}}

myheart

myheart wrote:
Jeff_F wrote:

Um... shouldn't the wound have been taken care of by a vet before Esta was allowed to go home with you? I mean a wound the size of a palm...? I know accidents happen, but this type of wound with a vet stay...?

Sorry, I feel like I am venting for you. I really wanted this to be a positive homecoming for Esta with all of the fixings. She looks like such a sweet little girl who has found the perfect home for herself, and she can't even watch tv with you tonight.

Please keep us all posted on Esta's healing and homecoming. I am sending lot's of healing prayers Esta's way. When Esta is up to feeling photogenic, perhaps a few nice pics of her enjoying her new home would be great to see.

:pray: :hug:{{{hugs to you and Esta}}}

myheart
First off.. Hops and Lops did offer to care for Esta and I took her from them and signed a paper to that fact. The wound didn't look that big but it was big enough where she should have gone to the vet for a check. If anyone had waited the would would have abscessed and that would have been a huge issue, according to my vet.

When my vet saw her he just told me she need help stat and that she had to stay. When he started to remove the dead skin it just became very large fast. I'll find out more in the AM when another vet has a good look at the situation. This vet has tons of experience with rabbits.

I'll keep everyone here posted on her condition. And thanks for the prayers. Much needed now.

Jeff/Esta and Jenny

Jeff_F wrote:
First off.. Hops and Lops did offer to care for Esta and I took her from them and signed a paper to that fact. The wound didn't look that big but it was big enough where she should have gone to the vet for a check. If anyone had waited the would would have abscessed and that would have been a huge issue, according to my vet.

When my vet saw her he just told me she need help stat and that she had to stay. When he started to remove the dead skin it just became very large fast. I'll find out more in the AM when another vet has a good look at the situation. This vet has tons of experience with rabbits.

I'll keep everyone here posted on her condition. And thanks for the prayers. Much needed now.

Jeff/Esta and Jenny

I am glad to hear that Hops and Lops was going to care for her. I was afraid it was like, "here's your rabbit, sorry she's broken, but...." It was so nice of you to take all of Esta's care on yourself. She really did find herself a great bunny-dad to care for her. :DSounds like your vet is very rabbit-savvy so I am sure she will receive the best care possible.Let's hope that Monday, at the latest, will be Esta's homecoming day...

myheart

I have to say she was cared for and we were told by the vet what to do. Our vet did look at it and it wasn't that bad, and I have pictures to that affect, as it was just about 1-2 ins at the most when it happened. I made sure that Jeff knew she needed vet care soon, and even offered to take her yesterday but Jeff wanted her yesterday, not a week from now. I also offered to help Jeff with the vet bill and give him any meds I had left over in my home for her. I honestly wouldn't of let her go if I knew it was this bad, because I loved Ester (her first name) more then anything and this is making me feel horrible, not to mention look like a horrible person.

HopsandLops wrote:
I have to say she was cared for and we were told by the vet what to do. Our vet did look at it and it wasn't that bad, and I have pictures to that affect, as it was just about 1-2 ins at the most when it happened. I made sure that Jeff knew she needed vet care soon, and even offered to take her yesterday but Jeff wanted her yesterday, not a week from now. I also offered to help Jeff with the vet bill and give him any meds I had left over in my home for her. I honestly wouldn't of let her go if I knew it was this bad, because I loved Ester (her first name) more then anything and this is making me feel horrible, not to mention look like a horrible person.

I'm sorry if I in any way led people to think that you're a bad person, your not. I did take Ester and I am totally responsible for her now. Right now it's not an issue of who did what or said what it's about how the bunny is doing. I hope you can accept my apology and we can move on from here.

Jeff

Esta: Well, I'm at the bunny Dr and I'm being cared for. I love my bunny Dr and she's taking good care of my boo boo. The Dr wants to see if I eat, poop and pee. That way she will know how I'm doing. Humans always worry about that. sigh.... I miss my old mommy Samantha from Hops and Lops. :( She did care for me. I just want to go home and be loved by my new daddy and aunt Jenny.

Jeff: I'm just glad she's doing better and that she's on the right track. I was told by the vet that these things can flair up fast so no one is to blame for what happened.
Things like this happen and it's now just about getting her well.

Jeff/Esta and Jenny

HopsandLops wrote:

Please accept my apologies also. Without knowing the full story, and that Jeff took Esta knowing she would need immediate vet attention, it is easy to jump to conclusions. It is always exciting when some one wants to become a bunny-guardian. We always hope that adoptions go smoothly, and more pictures get posted on the forum. ;)I still feel the same way, that I would gladly snap up all the cute bunners I see on Petfinder for your rescue if I lived in that area.

myheart

Esta: I just got examined by my bunny Dr and it's looking good. No sign of infection or abses. OH and I'm eating, drinking, pooping and peeing! Acting like a bunny and I accepted that collar thing they put on my neck. I'm being a good bunny and in 3 or 4 days I may go home to daddy and aunt Jenny!!

Jeff:Jenny: Were both happy that Esta is doing well and were both going to go see her tomorrow!!

Jeff, Jenny and Esta!!:inlove:

Latest posts

Back