Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know...all of these adorable FLEMISH babies and I fall even harder in love with Meatloaf's litter. What thaaaa?!?!

Must resist cute darker babies :tears2:. I can't wait to see what color they turn out to be. Of course, I should stop looking at the pictures (and the new ones coming ;)).

((i love the darker chinchilla looking babe))

and accidents happen, glad the babies are with you where you can at least take the best care of them before finding them new homes.

cant wait for new pictures of the litter

TinysMom wrote:
She's always pretty aggressive about wanting to breed - I've had her mount my foot before to show me she wanted a buck.

Well thenno wonder she took full advantage when Mercury was out strutting around! Hee, hee...she was going to have some fun whether you "approved" or not!:biggrin2:

WABBITMOM12 here...hubby logged on...*reminder to self* must check before posting! :p

TinysMom wrote:
She's always pretty aggressive about wanting to breed - I've had her mount my foot before to show me she wanted a buck.

Aggressive women scare me!

They are so cute Peg and no matter all the talks you give, try and teach them to be good, bunny's will be bunny's what can you do.;)

I almost hate to choose favorites from your rabbits, Peg. I get my heart broken, too.

but

IMG_0015.jpg

I adore this little one. I'm in love again...

It is time for a short update.

Today I got in on the floor with the babies for either the first or maybe second time since Cyrano died. They LOVED it...having me to crawl all over again and getting pets and kisses and stuff. I was talking on the phone at the time (thank God it was a rabbit friend) and kept going, "Wow....you have a nice butt" as I'd pet a rabbit . I was basically trying to get a feel for their body type - and very impressed with the back half of the body as I think I got the depth I wanted in some of them.

The littler babies are doing so good. I'm watching them right now in their nestbox... as they're starting to wake up more and I caught one chewing on some hay earlier. A couple of them find themselves getting bored with sleeping and they want to look around so badly...but they're a tad bit shy. I love babies at this age - one of the ones that wants to play is now grooming another because it wants SOMETHING to do...just not sure what.

Finally - for those who don't read the rabbitry - I shared a bit about it in someone else's thread.

Nine days ago (Eight days ago for Sophia) - I bred Nyx and Sophia to Mercury. So we're hoping for healthy pregnancies and delivery there.

Yes - I know - it seems like we'll have a lot of babies - and we will - for a short time. But the first two litters will be ready to rehome when those litters are a month or so old - and that will help.

Oooh - one of the little babies just binkied straight up in the nestbox. They're growing so fast - their eyes are open, etc.

I guess that is it for now...

Love the new babies! If I didn't live so far, I'd come and get one :D
And even though they were an "accident", it couldn't have happened in a better place. I think you were just ment to have those babies :).
If I were a bunny, I'd be lining up to be born in your house too, lol.

(edit for typos :p)

Well - the older babies had shredded carrot strips today. WOW...what a hit - other than the fact I got scratched up all over from sitting on the floor with the carrot strips.

I'd really had a hard time bonding with them again after Cyrano died - I found myself angry that they were still here and healthy and he was gone. I think I needed some time to grieve. I mentioned his name today while playing with them and one of them started to go looking for him (at least that was what it looked like). It was the big girl that always groomed him.

The young litter is starting to try to eat hay and pellets and...oatmeal. So far all are healthy and doing good - no eye problems - no other problems at all even. A couple are wanting to explore more and more.

I guess that is about it...for now.

They are darling little babies, don't be too hard on yourself about mistakes - anyone can make them and I believe that everything does happen for a reason. They look like they will be a blessing to whomever is lucky enough to be their new mums/dads in time. I'm so sorry to hear about your Cyrano passing as well, your tribute to him was so touching!

So normally I spend time with the girls and the babies lately - haven't had much time for the boys.

But I came home from work very early today (didn't work at all - was falling asleep while driving - even after a 45 minute nap at a picnic area - so I drove home instead of working) - and Robin had Mercury out for playtime (Hermes had already had his) - and I got to pick him up and hold him and just love on him.

I forgot what a love bug Mercury can be - and I got to looking at his face and stuff - he's one handsome dude....for a flemish giant.

On top of all that - he's probably one of the sweetest rabbits I've ever had - except for the fact he loves to follow us around (hence the nickname "puppy").

I need to do photos of him again - to show you how adorable he's become.

Someone nag me?

More later - getting ready to leave for a mystery shop soon.

These are all in a mishmash and I'm just too tired to organize them right now.

Hope you enjoy...

For some reason - Art has a hard time napping in the recliner when he gets home...

Meatloaf

Where's the mama??

Don't you tell them I'm here...

Mama?

Mama????

I guess Mama's not here...

Mercury (aka "Big Daddy" aka "Puppy")

I wanted you to see the size of his feet...

They're huge...

Dallas and Austin

Can I comes out and play? I gots binkies to do..

Hey...I think the door is opening..

Oh no...you're letting the kids out again???

Mad at mommy and daddy

Calamity Jane/Crosby

Behind door #1 - we have daddy #1

Behind door #2 - we have daddy #2

Yeah - but I'm the BEST daddy of all..

Hey - its the bunny show again...

Um...my food tastes like....um...anyway...can we have more food?

Jenny

Squirrel

Jackie who HAD to get her picture taken. She closes the door behind us when we feed her.

And back to a baby...

Back