Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that story kinda made me want to cry on top of texting the bf i love him....which he always assumes i broke something if i tell him randomnly lol.

TinysMom wrote:
Art was describing Del Rio to a friend in email...I died laughing...

The area I am in... next to the Mexican border, smaller than Lawton,
bigger than Altus, makes Altus look green and lush even in the driest
years.

Everything that moves has stingers, pinchers, or poison. Everything that
doesn't move has thorns, stickers, or causes a rash.

:biggrin2:

How true...
:rofl: Thanks for the chuckles today!

wabbitmom12 wrote:
What a beautiful story you shared. How sad it is that we take our spouses for granted, way too often.
A really great story that anyone struggling with their marriage should read is..."A Time to Dance" by Karen Kingsbury....religious yes...very much so - but oh wow - I read it at least once a year when our marriage needs a "pick me up" because it reminds me of how fragile ANY marriage can be if both partners aren't willing to keep in touch with each other - and how we can bring other "lovers" into our life- even if isn't a sexual nature but instead - takes the place of our relationship with our spouse.

Here is the book description:

Once upon a time, Abby and John's had the perfect marriage. But that was long ago.
John and Abby were the perfect couple. After an ideal courtship, they married and had the perfect family. But now they are about to lose it all: on the verge of having an affair, John is no more the man Abby married than she is the long-ago girl of his dreams. They make the sad decision to divorce. But when they gather their three children and are about to tell them the news, their daughter makes an announcement of her own: she's getting married that summer.
Determined not to ruin their daughter's season of happiness, Abby and John secretly agree to put their divorce plans on hold. But as the wedding nears, they wonder: is it possible to find joy, after all these years, and perhaps the time…to dance?

Peg's note: Their daughter is getting married on THEIR anniversary even - so she can have a marriage just like theirs...

And with that - I'm off to bed - work come early in the morning...

*Wipes tears from eyes and clears throat*

Hi Peg, just wanted to wish you a lovely day. That family trip sounds nice... Can I sneak into the car when you do go? :p So... Robin has a friend? Is it a boyfriend? How's mum feeling about this? Hihihi. :biggrin2: I didn't realize the barn was already ordered sorry. I can't wait to see it :biggrin2: Is it going to be a big barn? Hey, if you're running out of space I can always 'bunsit' Lol. I'd love to show Jeff a flemmie. :biggrin:

JadeIcing wrote:
Peg that is an awesome story, I am going to have to find the other one you mentioned. Ok currently I have a bunny doing binkies all over me.

Okay, now I'm just jealous, J.I.! :biggrin2:

Oh, Peg, we just have the world's naughtiest bunny here! Nxy's little sister (Houdini II) will NOT stay in the cage with her litter mates and Mama. It's like a game to see how FAST she can get out after we put her back in, the little snipe!

I just got off the phone with the base hospital. I have an appointment with my doctor next Thursday at 2:30 pm. I also was able to request that we do bloodwork ahead of time (I'll go in Monday morning early after a 12 hour fast) so we can check for diabetes, etc.

I really had a scare today when I got sick and was throwing up and having a bad headache and then checked my blood pressure to find it being 184/120.

I think they call this being "scared straight"?

I really had a scare today when I got sick and was throwing up and having a bad headache and then checked my blood pressure to find it being 184/120.

I think they call this being "scared straight"?[/quote]

:shock: Yikes!! That is not good!!

Don't forget though...most everyone has spikes in their BP when they are sick (esp.vomiting, which is very stressful to your heart), or there's a sudden stress or danger. And hopefully the spike is for a relatively short amount of time. The trick is to get your resting, "normal" BP down to a healthy level, so that when you spike, it not only doesn't go as high, but also so your body is able to handle those times. I'm really proud that you are taking steps in the right direction already! You go, girl! Hopefully in a few months your resting numbers will be 120/80, so when the BP spikes, the readings will be much less scary, like 140/90!

I was wondering if you actually feel high blood pressure? I mean, some people say you cannot but I think your body must definitely react. You must feel something is off. I could feel when my pressure is too low for sure. However, I have heard that you can go for years with high blood pressure without knowing. But surely when it's this high...

The reason I ask is because I wonder if the headaches and more are caused by the BP or if it was the other way around like Wabbitmom said (meaning the vomiting caused the spike). Does your heart rate stay the same when the pressure is high? I believe pain increases heart rate as well as BP so maybe that could help determine which caused what (though I am unsure if you can have such a very high BP without a good increase in heart rate).

Hope you feel better soon! I am happy to know that you will be going to the doctor's :)

Oh, I also wanted to ask... Do you have a home glucose test? Sometimes by wanting to cut back on sugars, you can cut back too much and it's important to track for lows as well. It'd probably be best you have one if they think you are predisposed to it anyway. :) Would that be insured there?

Well - yesterday morning I got this intense pressure behind my eyes....and I decided to check my bp because the last time it was that high it had been over 190.....it was like 184. I rested a few minutes and the pressure did not go away and the next thing I knew- I was vomiting.

After sleeping for about 6 hours after that - my bp was still over 150....ahortly after waking up.

Just got up - my bp is 134/96....

Nela wrote:
Oh, I also wanted to ask... Do you have a home glucose test? Sometimes by wanting to cut back on sugars, you can cut back too much and it's important to track for lows as well. It'd probably be best you have one if they think you are predisposed to it anyway. :) Would that be insured there?
I'm going to get a test to check my blood sugars (they're pretty cheap here in the US) and I'm sure if the bloodwork shows that it is high - then the doctor will probably prescribe me a monitor from the base hospital along with the refills (or from a pharmacy supply or something).

Art is retired military - so we pay $480 per year and get all of our prescriptions and our normal medical care, etc on base for free.

goverment insurance is nice...even city insurance.

hopefully its something minor and not serious at all

134/96!! You're getting there! Still up, but much improved. :D Keep taking your meds ;)

Many years ago, when Dave was Active Duty (first 3 1/2 years of our marriage), you rarely got to see the same doctor twice at the Base hospital, especially for sick calls. How does it work these days? Do you get to develop a relationship with your doc?

I picked up Angel's cage today from the feed store...I am so in love with it...I wish I could afford to get one for each of the holland lops (at least the does).

Here is a photo:

24911.jpg

Robin put it together for me - it went better once she READ THE INSTRUCTIONS...

The cage may seem small to some 18.5" wide and 42" long - but for Angel - it is a perfect size.

Cindy kept watching as Robin put it together and I found myself thinking how she wants one too (watch her be like "eh...whatever".)

wabbitmom12 wrote:
134/96!! You're getting there! Still up, but much improved. :D Keep taking your meds ;)

Many years ago, when Dave was Active Duty (first 3 1/2 years of our marriage), you rarely got to see the same doctor twice at the Base hospital, especially for sick calls. How does it work these days? Do you get to develop a relationship with your doc?
Actually - yes - you do get to see the same doctor. Mine is Dr. Leech (stop laughing so hard) .... this will be probably the 4th or 5th time I've seen him in 2.5-3 years?

Art says I must like him because I will willingly call now to make appointments instead of winding up in the ER for problems.

Latest posts

Back