Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh

I just went in and loved on Nyx....her fur is so soft right now....and she was like "oh mommy...that feels so good" when I rubbed her nose.

Then she sorta gave me a look like, 'I love you...but please go away and leave me alone for a few minutes...ok?'

I'm a nervous wreck - I so love Nyx....and I'm sure she'll be fine.

In a way though - I really want her to have babies - and to be successful with them.

So Robin & I went out late tonight and I decide to buy a new blood pressure monitor because I didn't know where mine was and I haven't been taking my medicine in....weeks.

Well....looks like I best find my bp meds immediately - my blood pressure was 191/110 and the monitor was giving a warning that it is stage 2 hypertension.

I have found five of my pills - gonna look for the boxes with the prescription numbers and call in a refill this week.

No wonder I've been feeling so sick.....and my eyes have been killing me.

*Grabs Nerf Bat and glares at Peg* You best get your butt moving with those pills Mrs... :expressionless

Nela wrote:
*Grabs Nerf Bat and glares at Peg* You best get your butt moving with those pills Mrs... :expressionless
What's really scary is to read about level 2 hypertension and realize that you've been living with those symptoms for over a month...

I am horrible at anything that takes more than one or two steps...and in the case of my blood pressure pills - they're not easy to get out of the foil package - and that is if I remember where I put them the last time I had the foil package...

We did find five of them and I'm going to look around later for a box as I'm pretty sure it is in one of about five places....

But yeah - it is scary and it was only when Robin was crying tonight about how she didn't want to lose me and how scary its been for her to see my losing my breath and having pains going up my arm and chest pains and stuff....that I realized how my family was aware of what I was going through and thinking I was mostly hiding.

I took today's pill about 2 minutes ago...I hate them cause I get to visit the bathroom all day long...

I can sort of understand how it is. I have found that the best thing for me is to take about 10 mins on a Sunday afternoon and organize the pills for the week. You should get one of those pill boxes like I have... It's one box a day and each box is divided up in parts (morning, lunch, dinner, night) and each box sits nicely in another box.

I take all my meds with milk since it helps most of my stomach issues related to the pills. I don't know if you've been on them for a long time but I have found that usually, if you take a pill regularly enough, your body adapts and the side effects slowly go away. If they cause you too many problems, maybe your doctor should change the kind.

Either way, it's very dangerous to have such high blood pressure. I won't get into the could have's and what if's because I think you've already gone down that road and let's just be happy with the 'didn'ts' instead.

Hope you take it easy and try and stick to the pills please and take care of yourself. For you, for your family, for us, for the bunnies...

I'm about to head to bed (been up all night after talking to Robin) but I will say that I am also looking into the DASH eating plan which is a much healthier way for me to eat (I love my meats....and its gonna be hard cutting back on them).

I'm going to talk to Art after he gets off work today and go get some "better" groceries to help me eat better...

Well - I'm up and bawling my eyes out...just finished reading "The Wednesday Letters". I wanted to read it when it first came out - but then read a spoiler about it (don't do that - it can ruin it for you).

Robin pointed it out to me last night while we were out and I decided to go ahead and get it.

The writing...isn't that great. The story?

I found it very moving - but warning: RELIGIOUS THEME...

Anyway - my blood pressure when I got up this am was 160/103 which is still bad...but doing better...

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I am glad your getting things sorted out. Peg you just keep on getting sweeter.
:bigtears:

Dave - I couldn't find an emoticon that expressed what I was feeling when I read your post. It put me into tears...for you to say that.

I feel like I keep on getting meaner and meaner and I don't like myself as I get older.

Realizing now that the headaches and eye strain I've been having for the last month or so....is due to probably very high blood pressure (170/110 and above) ...makes me understand my actions a bit better...but not much.

But - a lot of stuff is getting sorted out.

Well - time for some (boring) sharing.

First of all - I'm taking my blood pressure pills religiously. I still find that my blood pressure is very high (150 and above) most of the time - unless I lay down and rest.

Today I was good though when it came to eating. I've decided to use the dash diet (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/how_make_dash.html) to help me eat better.

I started out with cream of wheat with a bit of cream (my one luxury I'm allowing myself) and strawberries in it. (Thinking about having some more before I go to bed). That was actually more of a lunch really because I got up so late.

Then for supper we had: chicken stir fry (I bought chicken tenderloins that had no flavoring, etc - just the plain old chicken), with asparagus on the side, plus baked potato (mine had a bit of butter and a tiny bit of Colby Jack shredded cheese).

I found myself going, "I miss my burger...I miss my fries...I miss my spaghetti and sausage in the sauce..".

I guess I'd rather miss those things for a while to help me lose weight and get my blood pressure under control - than to miss my sight from doing permanent damage to my eyes.

I've also made some pretty significant breeding decisions.

First of all - I had been toying with breeding lionlops - those of you who remember Billy Sunny (I still have his sister who is adorable) - may understand why. I used to get lots of requests for them after folks saw him.

I've decided to not do that.

I also have decided that when it comes to the flemish giants....I am cutting back. I will not use Hermes in breeding anymore (he'll get snipped and be a pet bunny here). I'm not going to use Nyx because I don't want to work with steel and while she gives me cute bunnies ... I need to focus on light gray and she can't give me that since she appears to be a "self-steel".

I was going to take Hermes' daughter Lily back to him - I'm not going to do that now. In fact, I won't use her at all. She's really nice - but if I use her in my light gray program (which I could do) - then I'm looking at rabbits from three lines....the "Athena" line, the "Harmony" line and then the "Sophia" line. As much as I wanted to use Sophia's offspring...and Lily is very pretty - I find that Athena's lines are better than Sophia's.

We also decided to not do our family trip in 2 weeks due to $$....I will go up to San Antonio with Art that weekend alone and find something to keep me busy (bookstores?) while he goes to his motorcycle training course.

But that will be it - and it will save us some money towards the bunny barn.

Well - guess that is it for now...more to come later probably.

Peg, I hope I am not overstepping my bounds, and please forgive me if I do...

Everything you do for the bunnies is great. It's also great to see you pro-active and making decisions and moving forward. My one comment would be in regards to this:

"We also decided to not do our family trip in 2 weeks due to $$....I will go up to San Antonio with Art that weekend alone and find something to keep me busy (bookstores?) while he goes to his motorcycle training course.

But that will be it - and it will save us some money towards the bunny barn."

It's awesome to want to improve the bunny side of things but if you can, maybe you could consider cutting elsewhere to do so. I strongly feel family is the one thing that cannot be replaced and you know when you say 'treasure every moment', do it with your family as well. Has it been a while since you went on a true family trip? With everything that's been going on, maybe it would really have a strong positive impact. Anyway, in my opinion, if you cannot do it now, maybe you should plan a real one in a bit. :) Even if the bunny side has to wait a little bit (unless it's something particularly urgent as was the case with air conditioning etc)

Anyway, I wanted to share... I'm not sure why. I just felt I should. I'm glad you are taking your meds. Your pressure is still very high but it sure is an improvement! The diet sounds cool. For myself, I have started with simple adjustments for a start. I have cut out fruit juices which were a major thing for me. I now drink sugar free (or very very low sugar) drinks only which has really helped. Replacing fatter meats for leaner ones (like you can do with your spaghetti) and using wheat pastas... Well, I still have to do a few things but those are things I am working on. I have many health issues, and many many meds. One of those meds is prednisone. So, managing my weight and getting on to a healthier lifestyle is a concern of mine. I may not understand everything you go through, but I know how it is to struggle with certain things and I certainly understand the amount of discipline and willpower it requires.

Kudos to you for taking action :)

TinysMom wrote:
We also decided to not do our family trip in 2 weeks due to $$....I will go up to San Antonio with Art that weekend alone and find something to keep me busy (bookstores?) while he goes to his motorcycle training course.
Karen and I have trips like that too, Walmart in South Bend or Krogers in Goshen, were such hopeless romantics.;)

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Karen and I have trips like that too, Walmart in South Bend or Krogers in Goshen, were such hopeless romantics.;)

Hey! You are forgetting all of those memorable trips to Kruse Farm Supply. :biggrin:

Dontcha love the trips to farm supply stores? Wow...they can be the best...and the most tempting..

"No hon...I don't need a new dress - I got one five years ago - but look at this power washer....I think we could really use that.."

Nela wrote:
Peg, I hope I am not overstepping my bounds, and please forgive me if I do...

Everything you do for the bunnies is great. It's also great to see you pro-active and making decisions and moving forward. My one comment would be in regards to this:

"We also decided to not do our family trip in 2 weeks due to $$....I will go up to San Antonio with Art that weekend alone and find something to keep me busy (bookstores?) while he goes to his motorcycle training course.

But that will be it - and it will save us some money towards the bunny barn."

It's awesome to want to improve the bunny side of things but if you can, maybe you could consider cutting elsewhere to do so. I strongly feel family is the one thing that cannot be replaced and you know when you say 'treasure every moment', do it with your family as well. Has it been a while since you went on a true family trip? With everything that's been going on, maybe it would really have a strong positive impact. Anyway, in my opinion, if you cannot do it now, maybe you should plan a real one in a bit. :) Even if the bunny side has to wait a little bit (unless it's something particularly urgent as was the case with air conditioning etc)

Anyway, I wanted to share... I'm not sure why. I just felt I should. I'm glad you are taking your meds. Your pressure is still very high but it sure is an improvement! The diet sounds cool. For myself, I have started with simple adjustments for a start. I have cut out fruit juices which were a major thing for me. I now drink sugar free (or very very low sugar) drinks only which has really helped. Replacing fatter meats for leaner ones (like you can do with your spaghetti) and using wheat pastas... Well, I still have to do a few things but those are things I am working on. I have many health issues, and many many meds. One of those meds is prednisone. So, managing my weight and getting on to a healthier lifestyle is a concern of mine. I may not understand everything you go through, but I know how it is to struggle with certain things and I certainly understand the amount of discipline and willpower it requires.

Kudos to you for taking action :)
Nela,

Thanks for caring. Here are how the "facts of life" come down to it though...when we sat down and talked.

When the bunny barn is delivered - we need to a have a certified check in hand for them for approx. $4800. We've added things to the order 3 times and brought the remainder up that high.

As it is - we will probably be postponing receiving the building until early October - I'm not sure.

The trip to San Antonio would have been $200 for the hotel, $200+ for SeaWorld & food for that day (we were gonna do the food passes at SeaWorld - pay one price & eat wherever for free). In addition we would have have food for another day - plus whatever activities we decided upon - plus the gas.

Oh - and the dogs staying at the kennel......another $100.

So we were looking at probably close to $700 (thinking shopping, etc too ) - which we really do NEED for the barn.

In addition, Robin's friend can't get off work to come down and join us - as he has the following weekend off and has asked Robin to go to his family reunion with him.

So - we all agreed that it was better to postpone the trip to later this year when it is cooler - or early next spring when it will be cool.

We all feel really great about the decision - and Eric knows that now he has a car - if he wants to get together with us - he can come down any weekend and while it isn't a "vacation" - it is still a change of scenery for him since he live in a small town.

As it is - Art doesn't want to go up to San Antonio alone for his bike class - so we're gonna leave Robin here and just Art & I will go up for the weekend. I'm looking at around $100 for hotel plus whatever food we eat - much cheaper than what we'd been planning.

Thanks for caring!

:D

This was shared on Facebook and it is being passed around by my friends - so I am going to share it here. (It is religious at the end because of the person who wrote it I guess).
[line]

Marriage...A Must Read =100000332543969&p[]=131825800182754]
MARRIAGE

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.

She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane.

When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month's time and she didn't want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day.

She requested that every day for the month's duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife's divorce conditions. . She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don't tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside
the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me.

On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me... she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it's time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy.

I drove to office.... jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind...I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Jane, I said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart.

Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away.

At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed - dead.
My wife had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jane to even notice. She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push thru with the divorce.-- At least, in the eyes of our son--- I'm a loving husband....

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!

If you don't share this, nothing will happen to you.

If you do, you just might save a marriage.
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

A CHRIST-CENTERED MARRIAGE IS A MARRIAGE THAT IS SURE TO LAST A LIFETIME.

So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate. Matthew 19:6

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
"No hon...I don't need a new dress - I got one five years ago - but look at this power washer....I think we could really use that.."
:roflmao:
Hey - a breeder gal has GOT to have some priorities here...

Seriously - I have bought a bunch of new clothes in the last month - went sorta "clothes-crazy" since we had some extra money.

But 9 times out of ten I'd rather spend the money on something we find at the Feed store or TSC or home depot...then on things most women want...

Art was describing Del Rio to a friend in email...I died laughing...

The area I am in... next to the Mexican border, smaller than Lawton,
bigger than Altus, makes Altus look green and lush even in the driest
years.

Everything that moves has stingers, pinchers, or poison. Everything that
doesn't move has thorns, stickers, or causes a rash.

:biggrin2:

How true...

Latest posts

Back