Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art will be home in a little over an hour and he's going to take the big a/c we bought (which we wound up not being able to use and we were gonna keep it for the bunny barn) to Home Depot - so we can get a 12000 BTU one for the rabbitry.

So far - everyone seems fine. Some like being spritzed with cold water - others don't. Some like frozen water bottles - others don't.

The thing is - even how hot it is - they all sleep HUDDLED TOGETHER - or laying on my foot and giving me kisses (Lily Langtree).

Time for some updates...

Babies: All passed away - not sure if the holland girls are due or not because I realized that I bred them several days after Cindy (but misplaced the paper I wrote the date on).

Athena appears to be "with baby" again...or "with babies". I just moved her up to a top cage and she's so much happier now - very affectionate. I really don't want to breed my does a lot - but she is one that is a "natural" mother and seems to be very unhappy if she isn't pregnant or having kits. I'm going to give her one more year to be a mom...and then I'm neutering her and retiring her.

Camera: I was able to get some good pictures but I'm too tired/lazy to post them right now. Today my filter set came for the lenses plus the +1, +2, etc. (four lenses - the largest size is +10) for close-up shots I think.

I also got the dummies book for my camera. Can I now get the dummies book for the dummies book? Even at this level - its still somewhat above me.

BUT - I sure am having fun using it in various modes like sports, etc.

My Computer: I think we saved everything off the hard drives - now I need a new motherboard and operating system. I think that is all - I think the hard drives can be reformatted to work. If that is it....then maybe we can do that this weekend.

Wow - just got done talking to Art - looks like all I need is the operating system. (I'm so gonna miss my Windows XP). Oh well...

And finally

AIR CONDITIONER - The bunnies have a/c again in the rabbitry...I think they all rose up to call Art "blessed daddy" for getting it set up for them. That is of course - the ones who didn't flick him off for having to move their cage to get to the a/c.

Its cooler in the living room already.

WOO HOO.

Guess that is it for now.

No photos but a couple of short stories..

With my computer having died - Art was trying to get to my desk a lot and some stuff wound up on the floor (you know that motto..."Any Flat Surface Deserves a Pile of Its Own"? I live by it)...

One of the things that wound up on the floor (apparently it fell) was a box of business size envelopes...and three or four fell out onto the floor.

I don't know what she had in mind - but this morning I caught Nyx scurrying off withone of the envelopes. I didn't think much of it...till a few minutes later I heard her under my desk and peeked to see what she was doing.

She was grabbing a pen to take off into the rabbitry too.

I "rescued" the envelope and pen from her....and I'm hiding the stamps. Only God knows what that gal would do with pen and paper...I don't want to think about it.

Then this afternoon we were at the commissary on base and I saw a package of dog toys and I got it for the dogs. But Art saw it and thought it had a stuffy toy in it (maybe it is) and thought it was for the rabbits...specifically some of the bucks who need to get their frustrations out.

SO he asks me which rabbit I'm giving it to - and points to thesqueaky toy inside and suddenly I'm laying so hard I have to stop and catch my breath - because I picture Hermes mounting it continually and it going, "Squeak, squeak, squeak..." while the other bucks start thumping.

Now I don't know WHO to give the toys to...

TinysMom wrote:
No photos but a couple of short stories..

I don't know what she had in mind - but this morning I caught Nyx scurrying off with one of the envelopes.  I didn't think much of it...till a few minutes later I heard her under my desk and peeked to see what she was doing.

She was grabbing a pen to take off into the rabbitry too.

I "rescued" the envelope and pen from her....and I'm hiding the stamps.  Only God knows what that gal would do with pen and paper...I don't want to think about it.

:laugh:

Btw, you sound like you are feeling a little bit better - I'm glad for that. :D

We have a NEW bunny.....it is going to be a hus-bun for Truly. Still trying to decide on a name....

We just checked out Harmony's kits - we have THREE girls and THREE boys.

I like two of the boys and two of the girls ....the third girl is nice - but has a narrower face so far.

Well, I thought I'd take some time and write a short update just about my life in general....nothing major. Really no need to reply even....but I'm just sorta musing.

This has been a hard hard week for me. Its been hot and stressful with babies dying and it seems like so many things have been happening lately which are bringing out from inside of me - things that I do not like. I've gotten angry easier than usual - and I've gotten my feelings hurt easier than usual.

Part of it was due to stress I was under - stress of losing babies - stress of the heat - stress of having some major health issues because I was off my blood-pressure meds (I have found them and I'm taking them again).

There were times I said things that I later regretted....and it was tough because while I did send some folks some heartfelt apologies - either they were not acknowledged (and if they were to be acknowledged now - it would be meaningless) or they were criticized and not accepted as they were meant. That really hurt because I am not the type of person who wants to feel I've hurt people - it causes me frustration and pain........and so then I beat myself up over that for a while...and that just made things worse.

The thing is....I should've known that this was going to happen. I'd posted on my Facebook the thought I'd found in an older Bible about how God is more concerned about our holiness than our happiness....and of course - anytime we say something like that - watch out - here comes the testing. (Its like praying for patience and then getting upset when you are given situations in which you NEED to have patience).

Some of you may laugh about this - especially those of you who know me really well. But every once in a while Art gets upset at me and decides to give me the silent treatment. (It usually happens in the morning before he goes to work and when he comes home from work - he has forgotten about it).

Well...it happened yesterday morning...only this time - I was not going to let him get away with it.

So when I picked him up from work - I didn't speak to him....at all. He spoke to me and I nodded my head and put the car in gear. I had determined that I was not going to speak to him for all weekend - or at least all evening - or at least for the drive home.

But I wanted to stop at the commissary to get some subs that we hadn't had in a while...and some cheap dog food.

So I wound up asking him how he wanted his sub....and we wound up talking in the commissary.

Basically - I couldn't treat him that way for even TEN minutes - almost not even FIVE minutes.

I don't have it in me.

I hate fighting - I hate confrontation - I hate any sort of argument.

Oh well...it worked out well - he said he never realized just how hard it was to be treated that way....(even though I kept apologizing for doing it - and he kept saying, "stop it...I'm the one who should be apologizing for doing it first..").

And I don't know what I'm sharing all that here - except to say ... its been a really rough week. I wound up letting go of people I felt were friends - I found myself distrusting other people - and I hate changes in my life like that.

But I think I'm better off.

I'm also trying to back away from some things (maybe not time-wise - but as far as my connection to those things on an emotional level) - and spend more time on what is important.

Because when I was thinking about it last night - I realized that there really isn't that much in this life that is that important to me. Certain people - yes. Certain friendships - (very few) - yes. My husband and kids...yes. Bunnies...yes.

But a lot of people and things I thought I should hold dear...just don't really matter when it comes down to it.

Have I confused you yet? Sorry if I have - I don't really know why I'm even sharing this except I think some folks have known I was hurting and confused and it was probably easier to share here than to try to contact each one individually....

Anyway - I'm glad the a/c is working again. I'm glad that I've made some decisions and am not giving as much value to some activities in my life...and that I'm making some changes.

I think it is going to be best for me in the long run.

So maybe this last week - really was MEANT for good - even if it wasn't good.

It cleaned out a lot of clutter in my life - people - things - and even - yes - real life clutter!

*hugs* Glad you are feeling better. Sounding strong... Strong enough to get a gecko?

If I thought they would be a good pet for you I would. What about for Robin? :p

JadeIcing wrote:
If I thought they would be a good pet for you I would. What about for Robin? :p
beats me.....

Everytime I find one I'd like you tell me 'no' for me.

I guess it would help if I'd stop picking YOURS .... right?

:D

Yea that would help. At some point you will make it back here and you can see if you can handle feeding them. If you can than we will find the right one for you.

I wanna come back there for the ice cream show in Storrs....but I doubt I can afford it this year.

Then again - it would be fun....

JadeIcing wrote:
*hugs* Glad you are feeling better. Sounding strong... Strong enough to get a gecko?
I realized tonight that what I am doing - is finally setting some boundaries in my life - to keep me from getting hurt - to keep me from hurting myself, etc.

I'm going to give a sad example here. For years and years I've tried to tirelessly listen to Art with all of his random stuff he loves to share ... movies, tv shows, and on and on the list goes.

I knew how much his mom listening to him meant when he was growing up....and I wanted to be like her.

Only thing was....it was a one-way street. Art had no problems telling me he wasn't willing to watch a tv show with me or a movie with me or whatever...if he didn't want to do it or watch it....it didn't matter about my feelings or about enhancing the relationship by sharing something. He just said, "no...I don't want to watch/listen to this".

He never had any resentment build up - but here I was listening and then resenting that the same courtesy wasn't shown to me.

So today - when he started to tell me about the movie he just went to see with Robin - I basically told him (nicely) - that I wasn't interested and I didn't want to discuss it. I explained that I wasn't being mean - but that I was tired of listening when I couldn't care less and since it wasn't a habit we both shared - I was going to stop doing so.

Now some of you may think I'm wrong for doing this.....but you know what? It was so FREEING to be able to say, "I love you - but since this is a part of our relationship that you don't take part in - and its causing me to resent doing it ...I'm going to stop."

This doesn't mean I'll never listen to him again - but I'm finally allowing myself the freedom to say, "I'm not interested. Sorry.." and move on without getting all this anger, etc. built up inside.

The thing is - I really miss sharing things with him this way - but he does it to the kids too and it has really hurt their relationships with him....he's just very 'me-oriented'.

I can share stuff with Eric and Robin and we do show each other that respect mot of the time unless we're really NOT interested at all.

Anyway - boundaries. I'm starting to like them. Even if it means placing them around myself!

me and my bf are like that too...we are totally different in a lot of things. i can go on and on about rabbits and sometimes enough is enough for him and he just throws it out there "i dont care", but were good enough to listen...(or pretend to)) most of the time to let eachother talk.
boundaries are good in every relationship though, i dont think its mean of you to be straight up. its how you feel, and if you cant tell him something like that then theres something wrong with that

i think ill have my bf read this article lol

I think it boils down to mutual respect - and mutual willingness to do certain things.

I'm certainly not trying to be mean to Art or shut him out of my life.

However, for years I've "tolerated" this - basically - doing something when he was not willing to do the same. (He's a SUPER GREAT husband in other area - so I don't want y'all to think bad of him).

Resentment was building up inside me - and I needed to do something to let it go.

I think he's going to find he will miss being able to talk to me about anything at any time. And it isn't like I'm doing this to punish him...or anything like that.

I'll listen when I can - when I'm interested - when it feels like its really important.

But then I'll be able to do it without feeling resentment....because it is something I will WANT to do for our marriage.

I'm also creating boundaries in my mind with some acquaintances and friendships.

I'm also going to be creating boundaries with my time and activities too....

Like - I'm about to make myself go to bed (yuck) after another post in the rabbitry).

I think that is great. I also learned that a lot this week. Going to read that this afternoon.

Do y'all remember how back on June 19th I shared about Nyx being unhappy and trying to get into Mercury's cage....how I figured I was wrong and she wasn't pregnant since she was trying to get in with him?

Well....I may have news to share later on....all I know is - she's arranged her (new) nestbox the way she likes it when she has litters.

Latest posts

Back