Tank Train Leaves Tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gypsy wrote:
Coat is a bit roughdue possibly to molt , I amcovered in hair .

Rose : GET THIS !!!!!
Zach the 2 year old stuffedhis fingers through her cage wires beforeanyone could stop him , and allshe did was mouthhis fingers , NEVER offered to bite himat all , matter of fact she was runningback and forth in the cage trying to getHim to pay attention to her .

whoa, she's a CHANGED girl!!!:shock:She has become anattention fiend. The roughness is definitely molt, because she wassleek and shiny in the first few weeksI had her, then shestarted molting just a little bit after everyone else started.Pandemonium still isn't done yet, so I'm not surprised Tank's stillrough. Bub and Fenny are about 99% shed out and looking gorgeous, butPandemonium is scruffy city.

Rose

****Champagne corks popping streamers flying****:groupparty:
Gypsy I have just now read this and I am so very happy that Tank finally made it home to you.

She sure will have a loving and happy life with you and your family.

Amazing what people can do if they can huh!

I am just so very very happy!!!

Congratulations to you and everyone in the Tank Train in getting her home safely.:blueribbon:

All's well that ends well. (Sharon I am SO glad your car was able to make it home!)

Remember, if she ever has any kits that aren't show-worthy... <g> CALL ME!

(Myteensy creme d'argent runt turned out to be a lovely 8pound thundering giant. lol The not-quite-standardones do well here.)

Tina

She is being a snot thismorning , guess all the settling in lastnight went to her head , lol , she has destroyedher cage, thoroughly killed her junglebox Zach gave her last night ,and Has finally decidedshe could be Tank , Wrestlingmatch ensues this afternoonwhen she gets her nails doneteeth checked and hersore checked and cleaned if necessary ,Poor Old Girl isnt going to know what hit herwithTwo , 200 lber's double teaming her. Monday Morning is Vet dayhehe Poor Vet . Willlet everyone know how she makes out .

Break out the welding gloves!

Honestly, although I have a few scratches Tank wasn't thatbad. She just needs a firm hand and to feelsupported. But all that stuff she needs done might be a bitmuch for her. At least she never tried to bite at the vet'shere or when we were giving her meds.

naturestee wrote:
Honestly, although I have a few scratches Tank wasn't thatbad. She just needs a firm hand and to feelsupported.
Ditto - she was surprisingly docile when I had to get straw out of hereyes on the trip down. She seems to respect a good handlinggrip.

I know! You need to clip her nails in the back of a vehicleas someone else is driving. Catch her off guard.:cool:

She's a cute little grouch sometimes. I still have half apackage of hydrox cookies in the back of my car from whenatheoretically sleeping Tankbolted out ofhercarrier, seized the package and hauled it back in to the carrier withher. (Eww.) For future reference... don'ttry to take a cookie out of a rabbit's mouth. ROWWR!

Tina

hoosierbunny wrote:
naturestee wrote:
Honestly,although I have a few scratches Tank wasn't that bad. Shejust needs a firm hand and to feel supported.
Ditto - she was surprisingly docile when I had to get straw out of hereyes on the trip down. She seems to respect a good handlinggrip.

I know! You need to clip her nails in the back of a vehicleas someone else is driving. Catch her off guard.:cool:

She's a cute little grouch sometimes. I still have half apackage of hydrox cookies in the back of my car from whenatheoretically sleeping Tankbolted out ofhercarrier, seized the package and hauled it back in to the carrier withher. (Eww.) For future reference... don'ttry to take a cookie out of a rabbit's mouth. ROWWR!

Tina

:rofl: I so would have loved tosee that , I definately would have beenin hysterics ,

Nails have been put offuntil tomorrow , I just didnthave timetoday , we w ere finishing up the 4 holestack system amd totally forgotit untill just now oopppssss ohwell Vet will do ittomorrow lol .

Yippee! Yippee! Tank is home!!

Jumpingfrog.gif

hoosierbunny wrote:

Tina

whoa, I didn't hear that one!:shock:giggle giggle

What a girl!

Rose

Tanks Vet Visit ,

All went splendidly , no biting the Vet, no kicking the Vet , just a look of:shock: when he took her temperature LOL. he did blood work and a fecalsample ,will know results in 7 to 10 days. He said her coat looked greatconcidering she is molting , no signs of mites orany other critters . He did give hera Vit B shot though ? cant figure thatone out , maybe because I had explainedshe has been riding in the vehicles foran extended period of times .

He trimmed her nails and told me toretrim in a week when thecuticle had receeded a bit . Checked her teeth Oneback molar may need to be grounddown, but to try and get her eating as much hay asI can to help wear it down ,silly tweit likes straw , he said perfect, it has more chew factor than plain hay .She doesnt seem to mind , shehas ate nearly all her bedding ofstraw anyways lol .

He checked her spot on her neckand told me not to be surprised if it does come back in the future ,he seemd to think there was a core to it, like with a boil ,I never heard of suchon a rabbit but who am I tosecond guess him . well on this point anyways.He sent me home with another 10day supply of baytril in case it doesreemerge , But to call first if it doesso he can chart it .

Palpatate and sonagram , not mummifiedKits so If she was pregnant sheisnt now , everything looksgood in there , But he agreed withme on waiting untill at least December totry and breed her . He also agreed sheneeded down time from the extendedjourney she has been on . weight is perfect 9 . 10lbs .

I had him check her hips also ,there is no sign of Artheritis , mainreason for the weakness in the back endis prolonged inactivities from before. It should clear upwith activities and roundpenning .( which I have been doing to hersince she got here , ) Also hadhim check her front shoulder on exray , Noprevious signs of breaks or fractures.all very good signs.

His parting words as she kicked me one asI was puttingher in the carrier was ,"Congradulations You have a Rabbit"!:disgust:

YEEEEEAAAAAAH!!!!:D

Cool!! Gypsy, that spur thingy I felt was (I'm guessing) part of hershoulder bone. It was protruding so far because she was sooooo thin.I'm glad she came up to a healthy weight, because it was very sad whenI first got her. Both mom and I felt that bone and it felt way abnormaluntil she got some fat over it. I've never had a rabbit that skinny!Good to hear no problems (and she kicks like a mule).

Rose

I've been lookingforward to the vet report. I'm really glad all went well. Now we willsee how the next few weeks go in "rehab" at Gypsy's place!:)

:highfive:

Way to go Gypsy and Tank! Glad to hear the update and to knowthat our baby girl is doing well. Thank you for that!

-Carolyn

Rose , It could very well havebeen because she was so underweight was whatyou were feeling for a bone protrusion.Poor baby had been through theMill , literally . Iam just very glad nothing bad so farhas shown up for problems . still waitingon blood work and fecal samplesto come back , but fromthe way sheeats and the wayshe acts I dont forsee anythingbad coming back .

Razz: Im not sure who is going to needRehab here , her for her backend weakness or me trying to Heft herlard butt out of the cage and into thepen , man that rabbit is heavy . I cant for the life ofme see whats going to happen whenI get muscle tone and fat on her!:shock: She may then bea Job for Stupid Man , um erm Imean the dear Hubby I keeparound to build cages and cater my Rabbitwhims . oh wait that didntsound good either , oh nevermind You all know the drill .

I do love this girls attitudethough , one minute:bunnyangel: the nextminute :tantrum: then allis forgivern for that covetpiece of toast :bunnydance:

Carolyn : After all this board has beenthrough getting Tank Frome WIto NH , it would have been just plain cruel , (Im mean not cruel ) , to with hold hteVet report , I do believe allthe prayers , Love , Caring , and abundence of joythat people shared for Tanks journey isone ofthemain reasonsshe came through her Journey ashealthy and happy as shedid .

Yay for Tank! Good job at the vet!

My vet said the same thing about the abcess. That especiallysince it came back once, it'll probably come back again. It'shard to get all of the infection out from just draining it becausebunny pus is so thick and because the abcess often forms little"fingers" extending out of the main mass. Maybe she'll belucky though.

Back